ADVERTISEMENT

So progressives - CHOP CHAZ was a demonstration of a new way of life...

They are defined by their actions. No one gets to claim a label. You earn your label by what you do. Act like a progressive and you are one. That’s simple and obvious.
Whoaaaa, wait a second. Are you saying there are only a handful of Christians in our country?

Reactions: naturalmwa
Thank you. Trump and his donations to Clinton and pro-tariff ways is a Democrat to the core. I’ve been saying that from day 1.
Whatever Trump's behavior was in the past, he is showing himself to be a dictator.

Whoaaaa, wait a second. Are you saying there are only a handful of Christians in our country?
@Hoosierhawkeye has presented this idea here for some time.

Part of the problem I see with extending my point to religion is that many people think your religion is based only on what you believe and has no relevance to what you do. Catholics stand in opposition to this thinking. I personally believe acts are paramount in defining most anything.

If you tell me you’re really pissed at China for whatever reason, then I expect to find few items made in China in your home.

So far left that they didn't vote for Hillary and won't be voting for Biden because they think he's a republican like Obama was. How did that conservative Charlottesville "Jews will not replace us" utopia go? But nice try dipshits, progressives are fighting a two front war vs extremism and you both suck n swallow
"Progressives" are fighting against the antifa chop Chaz idiots? Any real proof of this?

Reactions: Hock-I
You are what you do. If you don’t act like a progressive, you aren’t one. Chaz sounds like a dictatorship, that would be a conservative ideology.

progressives have nothing that needs defending here.
It's not progressive or conservative. It's anarchy, which is what the mob wants. Progressives think they can use the mob to get their agenda through, but they can't. The progressives have tied themselves to a self-defeating ideology. There is no such thing as woke enough. Eventually, the mob will come for them.

It's not progressive or conservative. It's anarchy, which is what the mob wants. Progressives think they can use the mob to get their agenda through, but they can't. The progressives have tied themselves to a self-defeating ideology. There is no such thing as woke enough. Eventually, the mob will come for them.
This take seems wise.

This take seems wise.

yep. See the Harper’s letter (chatterton williams). Confirms this. But, I’d counter that the woke ideology is just an infinite regress problem of progressive-ism. I personally find the progressives to be illiberal. It was a stroke of genius rebranding by FDR, but that ideology leans totalitarian and the woke mob is a product of the ideology.

Define "progressives".
A truly progressive movement is against corruption. It is fundamentally opposed to the concentration of wealth and power in the hands of the few at the expense of the many.

A truly progressive movement is against oppression. Progressive movements have always fought, and must continue to fight, for the vulnerable and underprivileged — workers, the sick and powerless, and every other minority group that is marginalized by existing power structures.

A truly progressive movement is against discrimination. We are an egalitarian movement, with a belief in the fundamental equality of human beings. Discrimination is a form of oppression, and a movement cannot be egalitarian and against oppression while tolerating discrimination.

A truly progressive movement is against privatization of the public sphere. We must be fundamentally opposed to the mass privatization of goods and services that should remain public: healthcare, education, and other necessities for a decent life.

A truly progressive movement is for democracy. Democracy is more than voting at the ballot box. Democracy is the constant pursuit of civic engagement and public involvement in the direction of society. Without democracy, the fundamentally American principles of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are unattainable.

The progressive movement is for transparency. If we the people do not know what is happening in the halls of power — whether in the Capitol building, the statehouse, or the corporate boardroom — we cannot hold power accountable.

The progressive movement is thus for accountability of those in power. In the modern era, this includes the fight to get big money out of the political process and to reform the electoral system so that we can elect those who are best fit to serve the people, not simply the powerful.

A truly progressive movement is for freedom of the press, also known as “the fourth estate.” The purpose of the press is to combine transparency, accountability, and education. Without a free and responsible media, we will never be able to inform the public or hold power accountable.

The progressive movement is for non-violence. While there are examples in the past of violence in progressive movements, these were aberrations and desperate last resorts, not fundamental strategies of the movement.

Attaining these goals is impossible in a state of anarchy. Thus, anyone who is truly progressive opposes anarchy.

A truly progressive movement is against corruption. It is fundamentally opposed to the concentration of wealth and power in the hands of the few at the expense of the many.

A truly progressive movement is against oppression. Progressive movements have always fought, and must continue to fight, for the vulnerable and underprivileged — workers, the sick and powerless, and every other minority group that is marginalized by existing power structures.

A truly progressive movement is against discrimination. We are an egalitarian movement, with a belief in the fundamental equality of human beings. Discrimination is a form of oppression, and a movement cannot be egalitarian and against oppression while tolerating discrimination.

A truly progressive movement is against privatization of the public sphere. We must be fundamentally opposed to the mass privatization of goods and services that should remain public: healthcare, education, and other necessities for a decent life.

A truly progressive movement is for democracy. Democracy is more than voting at the ballot box. Democracy is the constant pursuit of civic engagement and public involvement in the direction of society. Without democracy, the fundamentally American principles of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are unattainable.

The progressive movement is for transparency. If we the people do not know what is happening in the halls of power — whether in the Capitol building, the statehouse, or the corporate boardroom — we cannot hold power accountable.

The progressive movement is thus for accountability of those in power. In the modern era, this includes the fight to get big money out of the political process and to reform the electoral system so that we can elect those who are best fit to serve the people, not simply the powerful.

A truly progressive movement is for freedom of the press, also known as “the fourth estate.” The purpose of the press is to combine transparency, accountability, and education. Without a free and responsible media, we will never be able to inform the public or hold power accountable.

The progressive movement is for non-violence. While there are examples in the past of violence in progressive movements, these were aberrations and desperate last resorts, not fundamental strategies of the movement.

Attaining these goals is impossible in a state of anarchy. Thus, anyone who is truly progressive opposes anarchy.
Are you Sammy Kayes or are you a plagiarist?

link to original

Raise your hand if you agree with torbee's(?) list.
merlin_142515570_86770852-5be7-4539-8d81-4abe1130bc70-articleLarge.jpg

Former. And that’s why when asked for a definition, I go to the source and don’t make up my own bullshit. Did you not notice the word “we” throughout the excerpt?
I bet you got fired for not attributing a source.

Why would progressives be interested in something anarchists set up?
Most don’t consider them radical. The group believes in what progressive talk about. Like most progressive policies, when put in action, they lead to human rights being stripped.

Here is a portion of an article from USA Today:

What does the movement want?
The primary goal is to stop neo-Nazis and white supremacists from gaining a platform rather than to promote a specific antifa agenda. The antifa groups are decidedly anti-racist, anti-sexist and anti-homophobia, but also by and large socially leftist and anti-capitalist.

Sounds nice - but in action for 2 weeks produced mass death and rape.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/08/23/what-antifa-and-what-does-movement-want/593867001/

Most don’t consider them radical. The group believes in what progressive talk about. Like most progressive policies, when put in action, they lead to human rights being stripped.

The primary goal is to stop neo-Nazis and white supremacists from gaining a platform rather than to promote a specific antifa agenda. The antifa groups are decidedly anti-racist, anti-sexist and anti-homophobia, but also by and large socially leftist and anti-capitalist.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/08/23/what-antifa-and-what-does-movement-want/593867001/
Then they don’t believe in progressivism. They believe in stripping human rights to get what they want, just like Trump.

Reactions: torbee

People coopting the name of movements while not adhering to their tenets is pretty common.

Ever hear of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea?

Let’s review:
1. Take over land and property owned by others.
2. Set up a border wall to only allow certain people in.
3. Install segregation with “black only” areas.
4. Guns and weapons appear all over.

Result - in less than one month, several shootings resulting in four deaths, multiple sexual assaults, rampant drug use, an entire community that consumed and did not create one thing for humanity, leaving the tax payer with on hell of a bill.

So it appears that many of the things progressives say they hate - taking land from others, border walls, racism, sexual assault, and guns, just to name a few, all occurred within minutes of forming their new utopia.

Yeah...the CHAZ people are not very bright, in a lot of ways they remind me of the MAGAs.

Reactions: ft254 and torbee
People coopting the name of movements while not adhering to their tenets is pretty common.

Ever hear of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea?
Seems to happen quite often around progressive ideals. Coincidence???

How is that a deflection? I am curious what progressive mayors have supported this anarchist movement and asked for a link.

Then I explained why I have not personally been following the story.

So is there a link or what? Or was it something made up?
Try reading the news. Seattle's mayor. Duh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT