ADVERTISEMENT

So tell me about Chicago, IL

Go to Durkin's on Friday nights. It used to be $20 all you can drink and eat. Don't know if they still have the deal but I spent many nights getting shit faced for cheap. It's at Halstead and diversey

OP, maybe avoid Durkins?

Have lived in Chicago (Lakeview specifically) for 13 years now and haven’t caught the dead yet. Things have changed significantly for me in those 13 years as my free time has progressed from weekend day drinking/bar hopping and late nights on Hubbard Street to weekend kids activities and asleep before 11…but still love it here. So many world class restaurants and activities to partake in so take advantage of your few days a month here.

I’ll actually be at the Cubs game Tuesday night too…the bright side of them sucking is I get offered a lot of free tickets.

Dang man, how have you not caught the dead like 10 times yet?!

Dude, you're fvcking killing me right now.

My wife and I have been separated for MONTHS already. I will not see them any less. I have talked to her about this EVERY step of the way. She is on board. I am not looking for a sexy hookup either.

No shortage of judgment on HORT these days. Good to know.
It's your life man, live it as you see fit. I can't pretend to know the intricacies of your relationship, I can only comment on the information I have. If you are lucky, you are going to get about 80 years on this rock, how you spend your time is your business I'm just suggesting you respect her 80 years also. Do you really think the decisions being made are likely to end up with you guys getting back together under one roof or do you think the decisions that are being made are more likely to end up with you having a new girl in a new town? You dont have to be an astronaut to know long distance relationships are hard without all the other baggage yours brings. Fish or cut bait is all I'm saying. If your going to be with her, be with her, if not, give her ever second of that 80 years to pursue her own happiness.

Everybody wants to be a hard ass, until it comes time to do Hard ass shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonrann
I love Chicago, except for the crime part. Driving anything too flashy will make you a target for a car-jacking. Awesome food and museums. If you have some free time go to the lakefront to enjoy the fall weather and fresh air - it’s good for your soul.

Look at who is posting. You do you. That phuqwad doesn’t know you. Keep your head up.
You would back pedal like Deion in his prime if you had to sit across from his family and justify your support of his decisions.

I do like "phuckwad" though.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people catch the deads there, but I am hoping to avoid that.

Started the new work gig this week. I will be in Grand Rapids, MI for a couple weeks/month, in Chicago for 2-3 days/month and home with the family in KC the balance of the time. It has been at least 10 years since I have been to Chicago and I am headed there tomorrow for five days. Tell me about it. Luckily, the cousin I am working for is a pimp and I am staying at the condo downtown on the lake. I am connecting with an old girlfriend for the Cubs/Phillies game Tuesday night, but would appreciate input about other things to do and where to eat. Much obliged!
Check out Kimski if you’re a foodie. Unique spot in Bridgeport. They have a great liquor store and pizza a lot right there, too.

Well, y'all. The dream is over. My cousin and I have decided not to work together. He wants someone that can be in Grand Rapids/Chicago 100% of the time and unfortunately I cannot commit to that. I also completely underestimated how hard it was going to be to be away from my wife and kids. Ultimately, I guess, everything works out how it should. I am hitting Cubs/Philies tonight at Wrigley and heading back home tomorrow. I appreciate all of your thoughts and advice. Much appreciated.

Well, y'all. The dream is over. My cousin and I have decided not to work together. He wants someone that can be in Grand Rapids/Chicago 100% of the time and unfortunately I cannot commit to that. I also completely underestimated how hard it was going to be to be away from my wife and kids. Ultimately, I guess, everything works out how it should. I am hitting Cubs/Philies tonight at Wrigley and heading back home tomorrow. I appreciate all of your thoughts and advice. Much appreciated.

Thanks for letting me bang your wife while you were gone Jason!

Sorry to hear that Jason. Hopefully your old employer will not hold a grudge and bring you back on!

Go to Durkin's on Friday nights. It used to be $20 all you can drink and eat. Don't know if they still have the deal but I spent many nights getting shit faced for cheap. It's at Halstead and diversey

I'm afraid Durkin's is no more, can't remember when they closed up, but I'm guessing they were a covid casualty. The booze specials were indeed cheap and well utilized.

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
Thank you, man. I just want to go home. I talked to my wife last night. She had me on speaker and our 14 month old kissed the phone when he heard my voice. This was a bad decision on my part.

ADVERTISEMENT