ADVERTISEMENT

So that little ditty about Jack and Diane….

What is up with Angelina Ballerina's mom?

gVcBjqS.jpg

Classic rock ballad. I heard this song on the Fox yesterday on the way to the hoops game and thought about starting this thread.
Eerie that IMCC and I live parallel lives.

Classic rock ballad. I heard this song on the Fox yesterday on the way to the hoops game and thought about starting this thread.
Eerie that IMCC and I live parallel lives.

LOL. I'm telling you, that "sucking chili dog" verse really stands out.

Wait. Some of you guys are saying lyrics in rock songs sometimes have alternative meanings?

I thought this was a good song.... when I was 13. Then I grew up and was exposed to real rock music, and I realized that this was crappy bubble-gum pop.

The real messed up part is that lame-brained adults still put money into jukeboxes to hear this crap. (usually in the afternoon or early evening when I'm trying to chill and watch a game) What? The six million previous times you have heard this tune werent quite enough? Would you please play 'Dancin in the Dark' and 'Eye of the Tiger', too...

I thought this was a good song.... when I was 13. Then I grew up and was exposed to real rock music, and I realized that this was crappy bubble-gum pop.

The real messed up part is that lame-brained adults still put money into jukeboxes to hear this crap. (usually in the afternoon or early evening when I'm trying to chill and watch a game) What? The six million previous times you have heard this tune werent quite enough? Would you please play 'Dancin in the Dark' and 'Eye of the Tiger', too...

If you don't like that song, you suck at life.

So we know your weakness. :cool: Hand over your wallet or we will play everything ever done by "Huey Lewis and the News".

Reactions: unsubstantiated
At some point after I was married and had a kid, I heard this song and I finally understood the chorus " life goes on...long after the thrill of living is gone"

Yeah...but other bands said it better ;):

Crank it!!!! But do not open if easily offended.

Look, if you don't suck on your chili dog, you're going to spill chili on your shirt. It's really not that difficult to understand.

So we know your weakness. :cool: Hand over your wallet or we will play everything ever done by "Huey Lewis and the News".

Speaking of Huey Lewis, how is it even possible that he was able to sue for writing credit and royalties on Ray Parker Jr's "Ghostbusters"? Didn't anyone on that jury ever hear "Soul Finger" by the Bar-Kays?

"Ghostbusters" is a blatant direct ripoff of "Soul Finger".

I did a little research on the internet today and there are three options: Jack gave BJ's for free ice cream cones, it's about an act so foul I can't understand a woman degrading herself to do it, or it's just lyric about winsome teens in love growing up in Indiana where they had a chain of Tastee Freeze's.
I am going for this all being about winsome teens. Bunch of cretins to say otherwise.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I did a little research on the internet today and there are three options: Jack gave BJ's for free ice cream cones, it's about an act so foul I can't understand a woman degrading herself to do it, or it's just lyric about winsome teens in love growing up in Indiana where they had a chain of Tastee Freeze's.
I am going for this all being about winsome teens. Bunch of cretins to say otherwise.
I like option 2

Now I get it!

Big Earl's has a Diane's Special. It's a lap dance and a chili dog.

Bet that is popular over the noon hour.

ADVERTISEMENT