ADVERTISEMENT

so there's this girl in my vball class

Status
Not open for further replies.

KegMaster

HR Legend
Sep 30, 2003
and tommorow is our last class. she's pretty cute for just waking up in the morning and going to class. lord knows i look like complete dogass cause i wake up 10 minutes before i show up. anyhow, since tommorow is our last class and i dont know her outside of class and never see her anywhere i was wonderin to myself how i could change that. unfortunately my verbal skills arent good when i want to say something important to a female(fine every other time and i have talked with her/BS'd with her frequently). so i was just going to basically write down my name number and perhaps some other contact information tellin her id like to hang out sometime. it's pretty much a no pressure situation and i wouldnt really take it hard if she never utilized any of it and threw it away.

ofcourse im not going to take all replies seriously, but i enjoy commentary on such things.

discuss/suggest away. what do i put on said paper.

liesjoe.jpg

I suspect she won't respect the note approach. She will respect if you talk to her. Give it a shot.

Rule #1-- giving her your # and basically asking her to call you makes you look like a complete pussy in females eyes. Smiling, telling her that you enjoyed meeting her in class and stating that you would like to catch up again soon over lunch makes you look confident and NOT SCARED OF HER OR WOMEN. Get her to give you her # and call her in a couple to 3 days after that. You won't look desperate, in fact you will look confident, and she will be a hell of a lot more interested in getting to know you, a guy with a little bit of sack than a pussy who hopes she calls you.

good point holic - and i would also say, man, if you can't muster up enough confidence to keep it together to ask her out, what kind of a mess are you going to be if she were actually call you??

Originally posted by HawkinSL:
liesjoe.jpg
That is not a terrible idea, she can take it two ways, you're a douchebag(bad), or you're a funny guy(good), just depends on your other interactions.

Originally posted by Meatjack:
Facebook.
id definately poke the hell out of her, but i still dont know her name either.

id be fine if she wanted to actually hang out with me, because i can talk to her. i just think id turn into a bumbling idiot trying to work up to asking her to hang out sometime.

a_holic is spot on.

I had a rule in college that I wouldn't date anybody I worked with, or had a class with. I learned this lesson the hard way my freshman year.

However, I met more than my fair share of girlfriends (albeit temporary ones) from my classes. If you're just now approaching her chances are you've already lost the battle (not the war). You should have been dropping hints and flirting with her all semester. Hopefully, you have been.

Smile and be confident when you finally approach her. Get her number, not the other way around. Try this:

You: I just want to thank you.
Her: What for?
You: For giving me a reason to wake up and come to this class every M/W/F
Her: You're welcome
You: Any chance you're taking [insert name of class] next semester?
Her: Sorry, no.
You: Then I guess I should get your number now, instead of leaving our future up to chance.
Her: Sure 555-328-7877
You: BTW, your ass looks HOT in those sweatpants

You're so money you don't even know it.

Originally posted by hawk_a_holic:
Rule #1-- giving her your # and basically asking her to call you makes you look like a complete pussy in females eyes. Smiling, telling her that you enjoyed meeting her in class and stating that you would like to catch up again soon over lunch makes you look confident and NOT SCARED OF HER OR WOMEN. Get her to give you her # and call her in a couple to 3 days after that. You won't look desperate, in fact you will look confident, and she will be a hell of a lot more interested in getting to know you, a guy with a little bit of sack than a pussy who hopes she calls you.

This is a very good post.

And, even IF you stumble over your words and get a little embarrassed, that's OK. Girls dig that. They find it flattering that a guy gets his tongue tied a bit when trying to talk to them; makes them feel like you genuinely want to get to know them better, instead of some piece of A.

No notes. What. So. Ever.

I'm listening to this thread intently so that I can stop stalking the girl that works across the street and do something about it.

best advice? I can still remember every girl from college that I liked in classes, but was too gun shy to ask out. Every. Single. One.
Things like this will haunt you your entire life if you don't act NOW.

Originally posted by KegMaster:

Originally posted by Meatjack:
Facebook.
id definately poke the hell out of her, but i still dont know her name either.

id be fine if she wanted to actually hang out with me, because i can talk to her. i just think id turn into a bumbling idiot trying to work up to asking her to hang out sometime.

better figure out her name pretty soon...you dont want to find yourself calling her Mulva the next time you see her

the ladies love a guy with confidence who will come up and talk to them and ask them to hang out, she might say no or yes, she could have a boyfriend, ya never know....but still asking in person is the better chance

Grow a pair and follow Pedro's advice.

Or go the note route, which she'll show her friends, and they'll giggle and laugh until one of them finally says, "Oh, that's so cute it's sad...maybe you should call him up" but Volleyball Girl never does, because there's something inherently weird and/or wrong about a grown man (or close enough) passing a note to a girl to try to get her to ask you out.

Good luck with the nads and the girl.

Great work Pedro. The force is strong in you.

To the original poster - confidence is everything. I recommend start getting out there and flirting with women now - get shot down knowing you will be shot down. You will only get better; and more importantly feel better and have that confidence.

Then when that one does come in your life and you have a chance to......

Originally posted by Wendy79:
Or go the note route, which she'll show her friends, and they'll giggle and laugh until one of them finally says, "Oh, that's so cute it's sad...maybe you should call him up" but Volleyball Girl never does, because there's something inherently weird and/or wrong about a grown man (or close enough) passing a note to a girl to try to get her to ask you out.

It's true, this is what we do.

You want to know why we go to the restrooms in groups? It's to rag on notes.

Seriously, go Pedro's route. Feel free to change the verbiage however you so desire, but go with that basic route. Make her WANT to hang out with you. Make her think you are so freaking confident that you can have any girl you want but you CHOOSE to go out with her.

I'm usually against games, but in cases like this where you don't even know the other person's name this is the preferred route.

Originally posted by Pedro De Pacas:
a_holic is spot on.

I had a rule in college that I wouldn't date anybody I worked with, or had a class with. I learned this lesson the hard way my freshman year.

However, I met more than my fair share of girlfriends (albeit temporary ones) from my classes. If you're just now approaching her chances are you've already lost the battle (not the war). You should have been dropping hints and flirting with her all semester. Hopefully, you have been.

Smile and be confident when you finally approach her. Get her number, not the other way around. Try this:

You: Then I guess I should get your number now, instead of leaving our future up to chance.

Pedro is so spot on here.

Reality is, it doesn't matter what you say. What matters is what you are wearing, and girls love humorous hats and shirts. I would recommend you wear an "FBI: Female Body Inspector" hat, with either a Big Johnson t-shirt or "Daytona Beach:Official Bikini Inspector" shirt (preferably sleeves cut off).

The old polyester coaching/p.e. shorts that really show off the package are very appealing to the ladies.

Again, my recommendations
Hat of this:
3028Pa-lg.jpg

36_1.JPG

She'll be asking you for your number.

if, when you try to talk to her, you forget everything you meant to say, just remember:

"lets go outback tonight. Life will still be here tomorrrrowww."

I assume you're in college? Just remember, a majority of college students just want to have a good time and are always up for hanging out with new people. Just man up and ask her for the number, anyone is fair game. Something I knew my freshman year and last semester, but somehow forgot my middle 3 years. Do not use a note. Anyone past the 9th grade in most cases won't take that seriously at all. And elective classes are gold for meeting girls. Most cases you won't have other classes with them so you wouldn't have to worry about the awkwardness down the road if they're in another class.

Originally posted by cjnoles9399:
I assume you're in college? Just remember, a majority of college students just want to have a good time and are always up for hanging out with new people. Just man up and ask her for the number, anyone is fair game.

Exactly. Not many women in college are going to turn down a first date if they're single.

America's youth has no ways with women. A note with your phone number?

Once again embarassing the Kegmasters name.

Originally posted by citizenHawk:
I'm listening to this thread intently so that I can stop stalking the girl that works across the street and do something about it.
What do you know about her?

Only use a note if you're going to say the following:

"I have no balls, and I'm socially awkward. Any chance you go for that nameless girl who I've never had the balls to introduce myself properly to?"

Seriously, just go up, and follow Pedro's advice, it was very good. You'll be fine, provided you have't spent the semester being the weird guy across the room who's always staring at her.

Oh, and mix a shower in first, eh?

Passing notes is something we use to do in kindergarten. Junior, grow some ka....hoooneys. You see her everyday. It's not like speculating on the internet. Exchange a few jargons and make your intentions known.

If you talk to her don't forget to put your vagina in your purse first. She might get freaked out otherwise.

Just ask questions. Girls love it that you're so interested in them. Observe:

keg: **hands note** "Will you check yes or no on this, please?"
hottie: **looks at note** "Are you serious?"
keg: "Do you want me to be serious?"
hottie: "Are you joking around?"
keg: "Do you want me to joke around?"
hottie: "OK, you're freaking me out!"
keg: "Do you like it when I freak you out?"
hottie: "What are you, retarded?"
keg: "Do you want me to be retarded?"
etc., etc.

You'll be playing naked twister before you know it.

I have never been more embarassed than I am right now to be a HROT member. 33 replies and no one has asked for a pic of this athletic, college girl. Embarassing.

Reactions: just_somebody
Originally posted by AntiSocial:
I have never been more embarassed than I am right now to be a HROT member. 33 replies and no one has asked for a pic of this athletic, college girl. Embarassing.

I cannot state how perfect of a sig pic you have to follow this statement.

Clearly he is not pleased either.

Yeah the sig cracked me up as well.

Originally posted by hawknbuck:

Originally posted by AntiSocial:

I cannot state how perfect of a sig pic you have to follow this statement.

Clearly he is not pleased either.

Originally posted by Pedro De Pacas:
a_holic is spot on.

jesus h christ, pedro. you are magic. do what pedro says. and, as if everyone else already hadn't said it, giving a girl your number DOES NOT constitute a number close. get hers, and smash the 'ish out of it.

pedros line comes in the Frat Boy Primer. Sounds way too polished. "leave our future up to chance" probably would be money if the girls real dumb, tho. Cripes man, cant anyone come up with anything that doesnt sound like something a puka necklace, fake tan wearing DB would say after surviving rush?

Sounds like somebody needs a weekend pass to Fayettenam to dip his chopstick in some soy sauce.

I'm not saying who.
This post was edited on 12/7 7:28 PM by Pedro De Pacasif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Come on, Pedro. You have to admit that the leaving our future up to chance is pretty lame. The rest of that scenario would be pretty good, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT