ADVERTISEMENT

So We're Going To Impeach A President Due To Judicial Appointments?

She didn’t exactly say that but I would be opposed to impeaching a Trump so close to the election. Barr, on the other hand, needs to be watched like a hawk.

Reactions: noleclone2
She is out of her mind. Unfortunately, she is a fantastic representation of the people of her district. She's not getting voted out any time soon. The rest of the Democrats in the House need to find another Speaker. She's making them all look bad.

There are dozens of reasons to impeach Trump. There are dozens of reasons that would have gotten any other President impeached and would be in jail by now. This would just be the motivation for actually being serious about impeaching him this time rather than going through the motions with it just to prove a point on the Republicans in the Senate.

Lets do it. We don't even need the vacancy reason. Rs want to play games, lets play them back. Lets impeach Trump every week until he leaves office. We certainly have enough charges.
Please do. This will definitely put the nail in Joes coffin. Net up Joe should be sent to NY nursing homes.

Lets do it. We don't even need the vacancy reason. Rs want to play games, lets play them back. Lets impeach Trump every week until he leaves office. We certainly have enough charges.
So what's stopping them? Do it. Quit bitching about how many impeachable offenses Trump has committed, and do it. For the sake of the country, either s*** or get off the pot.
Show your hand. Lay all your cards on the table and let the American public see what you've got.
Your problem is that the Democrats have been crying "wolf" for four years with nothing to show for it. Their credibility is just as bad as Trump's. The whole Russian collusion debacle backfired. Freaking Maddow hyping the fact that she had gotten ahold of some of Trump's tax returns only to show that he paid $20 million in taxes, didn't help. Feinstein pulling a failed 11th hour surprise during the Kavanaugh hearing didn't help. Time after time, the Democrats say, "we've finally got him," only to wind up with nothing. So, either get him or STFU and get back to work. We've wasted enough time and money on your fishing expeditions only to end up with wet bait.

OP, while you're munching on your feces, please show me where in the quoted statement from the article you posted that Pelosi said she wants to impeach Trump over the appointment. It was Stephanopoulos who brougt it up.

Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) addressed on Sunday the possibility of impeaching President Donald Trump as part of a ploy to stop him from filling a recently vacated Supreme Court seat, saying that Democrats “have arrows in our quiver.”

ABC News host George Stephanopoulos, a Democrat, asked Pelosi about the possibility that Democrats could impeach Trump to stop him from filling the seat.

“Some have mentioned the possibility, if they try to push through a nominee in a lame duck session, that you and the House could move to impeach President Trump or Attorney General Barr as a way of stalling and preventing the Senate from acting on this nomination,” Stephanopoulos said.

Pelosi responded, “Well, we have our options. We have arrows in our quiver that I’m not about to discuss right now.”

Reactions: noleclone2
So what's stopping them? Do it. Quit bitching about how many impeachable offenses Trump has committed, and do it. For the sake of the country, either s*** or get off the pot.
Show your hand. Lay all your cards on the table and let the American public see what you've got.
Your problem is that the Democrats have been crying "wolf" for four years with nothing to show for it. Their credibility is just as bad as Trump's. The whole Russian collusion debacle backfired. Freaking Maddow hyping the fact that she had gotten ahold of some of Trump's tax returns only to show that he paid $20 million in taxes, didn't help. Feinstein pulling a failed 11th hour surprise during the Kavanaugh hearing didn't help. Time after time, the Democrats say, "we've finally got him," only to wind up with nothing. So, either get him or STFU and get back to work. We've wasted enough time and money on your fishing expeditions only to end up with wet bait.
Um, we did impeach Trump. And we can do it again, especially if he is dumb enough to try filling that seat without first winning reelection.

You see, ours is going to be a reactionary punishment, because we are fair and reasonable people. Let the voters decide and we will be nice. Trump fills that seat and we will go nuclear on you. The ball is in your court to make the right decision.

It's comically sad that you are under the impression that his fake tan is his only wrongdoing these past 3 1/2 years.
You should probably get someone to do something about it then. Mueller? Impeachment? I mean, if he's so guilty then you guys just suck at presenting cogent arguments based on factual evidence.

Reactions: INXS83
Um, we did impeach Trump. And we can do it again, especially if he is dumb enough to try filling that seat without first winning reelection.

You see, ours is going to be a reactionary punishment, because we are fair and reasonable people. Let the voters decide and we will be nice. Trump fills that seat and we will go nuclear on you. The ball is in your court to make the right decision.

The voters decided four years ago who gets to nominate Supreme Court Justices. What right decision are you talking about? I expect the president, no matter who it is, to follow the Constitution. There is nothing in the Constitution preventing him from nominating someone to fill the seat. This does not rise to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors in any conceivable way. If the Senate wants to reject the candidate, they can do it. Impeaching him for doing one of his Constitutional obligations would be seen as just another empty political stunt, but if you think it helps the cause, go for it. It will backfire, just like every other empty stunt they've tried.
The people are sick of the games. They are sick of the relentless bickering and partisanship. Impeaching Trump again over this will cost Biden. It will cost seats in Congress.
Do we really want to start the precedent of impeaching presidents when they do something perfectly legal that the other party doesn't like? It will cripple our government.

How is impeachment an option to stop Trump from nominating anyone? The House isn’t even a part of the nomination process. This is fake news.

It takes precedence. So they couldn’t start the SC process until the impeachment was over.

It takes precedence. So they couldn’t start the SC process until the impeachment was over.
So the senate has to close down while the house debates impeachment. I didn’t realize that happened like that last time.

The more you know.

So the senate has to close down while the house debates impeachment. I didn’t realize that happened like that last time.

The more you know.

I’m not sure if it completely shuts down, but it could make it nearly impossible to get much done while the trial is being held. A S.C. nominee meets with every senator individually plus has the big nomination hearing. “I’m focusing on the more important matter” is certainly a legit reason not to meet with the nominee for several weeks.

Went so well last time.

Trump committed impeachable offenses and was, indeed, impeached. Republicans voted party over country and did not convict.

It still stands that Trump committed impeachable offenses and has continued to abuse the office of the president.

If “law and order” Republicans are content to shield the President from the ramifications of his illegal behavior that’s certainly their prerogative. It doesn’t mean that Trump isn’t criminally abusing the office, however.

I’m not sure if it completely shuts down, but it could make it nearly impossible to get much done while the trial is being held. A S.C. nominee meets with every senator individually plus has the big nomination hearing. “I’m focusing on the more important matter” is certainly a legit reason not to meet with the nominee for several weeks.
If there isn’t something structural written down, if it’s just a matter of norms, I don’t put any faith in it. Mitch will have a group zoom meeting and call it good.

Reactions: gusto79
Trump committed impeachable offenses and was, indeed, impeached. Republicans voted party over country and did not convict.

It still stands that Trump committed impeachable offenses and has continued to abuse the office of the president.

If “law and order” Republicans are content to shield the President from the ramifications of his illegal behavior that’s certainly their prerogative. It doesn’t mean that Trump isn’t criminally abusing the office, however.
what were the impeachable offenses ?

stop making up shit , adam schiff belongs in a nuthouse or jail

Lol

please be specific Mr Nothingburger

1) Trump solicited the help of Ukraine to provide damaging narratives of political opponents. Specifically: Joe Biden.
2) Trump blocked but later released payment of a congressionally mandated $400 million military aid package to allegedly obtain quid pro quo cooperation from the president of Ukraine

Easy case of collusion and using foreign agents to attempt to influence the outcome of a U.S. election.

Cut and dry, my friend.

Reactions: Torg and DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT