ADVERTISEMENT

So, what are you going to do about it?

RomanHawk

HB MVP
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2019
It appears that after years and years and years of offensive ineptness, a critical mass within
the fan base is being reached regarding the need for resolution. Instead of having a reasonable
expectation of improvement, we are seeing a continual, or even accelerating downward spiral
with each major decision being worse than the last one (GD-> BF......)

Problems with OL, QB, etc are discussed and while they exist, they are just symptoms of the
core problem which are the flaws in the basic concept, design, and implementation of virually
every aspect of an effective offense. There is some sympathy for KF. IMO, he has made significant
contributions but has already been extremely well compensated for them. So he is owed nothing.
And he alone created this mess.

The "soft" position to take is that the appointment of an accomplished OC who would be given
total control of the offense is the best solution. Theoretically yes, but practically, no. There can't
be 2 bosses. So getting a replacement at the top is the only viable solution. But how?

I see 2 possible routes for fans. The first is financial (withholding donations and ticket purchases), and the second is persuasion (with the implied threat of financial). I don't like the financial because of the possible damage to other sports and the University at large. I would envision the persuasive
as being spearheaded by a committee whose members consist of individuals who each have a close contact with one of the following pressure points: Barta, Univ President, members of Board of Regents, top donors, newspapers, radio network, podcasts.... Additional members are needed with expertise in computers and social media to activate the fan base for petitions and letters.

I'd like to help in any way I can, but since I left the state 61 years ago and live on the east coast and thus have no contacts and have very limited computer skills, I can't be effective as an organizer. So it'd up to "y'all"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News