ADVERTISEMENT

So, what do you think about today part 2

hawkaeg80

HR MVP
Dec 28, 2014
Cedar Rapids
First half lights out. With the exception of the Johnson TD run the offense looked like it has prior to this game. Irrgg. I know they had a lead, but dang it, go for the throat!
The defense was awesome! 3 points for Purdue? Wow. Jones caught a lot of balls for good yardage but didn't hurt the Hawk defense that much. Tracy was nothing.

First half lights out. With the exception of the Johnson TD run the offense looked like it has prior to this game. Irrgg. I know they had a lead, but dang it, go for the throat!
The defense was awesome! 3 points for Purdue? Wow. Jones caught a lot of balls for good yardage but didn't hurt the Hawk defense that much. Tracy was nothing.
Jones had zero YAC. He runs nice routes but has zero moves after that. Iowa reduced him to having no impact.

We never should’ve put Colby at tackle. At any cost, he should’ve been inside the entire season.

That was a dominating performance, this defense is just…DAMN. And Kaleb Johnson is a special talent!
Any word on Van Ness? Missed it if so.

Great first half (even the offense made a few plays!) and the defense was the story in the second with the offense going back into a shell. Definitely looked like vintage Kirkball in the 2nd.

I hate to sound like a broken record but what we learned today is that this is what the offense can look like when the offensive line does its job. Now that there is a reasonable amount of health with the skill position players.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
After Johnson's TD, up 21 and playing against the wind in the third, Kirk was wise to sit on the ball. Not to mention our D was playing lights out. Once we got to the 4th quarter up 21 with the wind, then you really sit on the ball. Taylor had a great punting day and other than the 45 yard Jones pass play he had 59 for the day. We kept him in front of us all day.

Great team win. Wiscy is next, they are tough. Should come down to defense and the team making the fewest mistakes.

About time we play a whole game. Defense was dominant as always. Kudos to the OL being dominant today and Kaleb Johnson taking advantage of the holes. Petras played the best game of his career and Brian just learned about the WR route called “slant”.

With that being said, #FireBrian

ADVERTISEMENT