ADVERTISEMENT

So...what's on the menu for this Christmas Eve/Christmas Day

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
We are doing our traditional prime rib (sous vide 131.5/10), crispy smashed potatoes, creamed spinach, popovers with sticky toffee pudding & pistachio ice cream for dessert. I also have a brisket that's in my pastrami brine and will be ready for the smoker on Christmas Eve day -- we usually make pastrami biscuits & hash for Christmas morning brunch.

Christmas Day is usually brunch of different items and then we kind of just graze during the day. I'm going to a bunch of dim sum items and have a pot of homemade pho broth going to keep us warm.

Christmas Eve I’m doing southwestern salmon croquettes and a shrimp salad.
Christmas Day - doing roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. Daughter is doing up a small spiral sliced glazed ham. Gravy, Green beans, individual salads, maybe a baked squash, rolls. Daughter in law is making her party potatoes since she has an upper Midwest heritage but I’ve come to like them.
Pie and ice cream for dessert. Maybe an apple tart too.

Crockpot meatballs and deli, veggie, etc trays on Xmas Eve. Not much on Christmas day as we're gonna be packing for our road trip and leaving on 12/26.

Reactions: goldmom
We are doing our traditional prime rib (sous vide 131.5/10), crispy smashed potatoes, creamed spinach, popovers with sticky toffee pudding & pistachio ice cream for dessert. I also have a brisket that's in my pastrami brine and will be ready for the smoker on Christmas Eve day -- we usually make pastrami biscuits & hash for Christmas morning brunch.

Christmas Day is usually brunch of different items and then we kind of just graze during the day. I'm going to a bunch of dim sum items and have a pot of homemade pho broth going to keep us warm.
What kind of beer should I bring? 😁 😁 😁 😁

Reactions: Fijimn and goldmom
Crockpot meatballs and deli, veggie, etc trays on Xmas Eve. Not much on Christmas day as we're gonna be packing for our road trip and leaving on 12/26.
All hostilities aside, safe travels!
Did I read a post of yours that you guys are vegan?

Reactions: SoProudNole
Brunch on Saturday, and brunch on Sunday. Very similar menus for both days, but Sunday's will have grits on the menu, which I'm very excited for.

All hostilities aside, safe travels!
Did I read a post of yours that you guys are vegan?
Thanks, goldy. Much appreciated.

We're a mix. I'm the only meat eater in the family. My wife is vegan and daughters are vegetarian. We'll make vegan "meatballs" using the beyond meat product as well as a meaty version.

breakfast.gif

Reactions: Rudolph
Italian Beef sandwiches on Christmas Eve at my parents

Crab legs and prime rib at in laws on Christmas Day.

Homemade pizza and opees mom Xmas eve. Brunch fare Xmas day. Fake ass co-opted pagan fake ass holiday. We celebrate La Befana. Christians. SMH.

My dad like to do a standing rib roast or prime rib on xmas eve. I'll probably do a brisket for xmas.

Whole fresh ham on rotisserie over a cherry wood fire. Gonna be a challenge with temps in the low teens.

Jambalaya on Christmas eve. Bfast casserole with fruit on Christmas morn. Amana Ham, cheesey potatos and corn, other throwns ins late afternoon. We'll do snacks through out the day.

Been firming up plans for Christmas dinner today. Looks like:

spiral cut ham
creamy polenta w parmesan and pepper
ratatouille
dinner rolls

My kids are coming on Christmas Eve. W got some Pagliai's Frozen and snacks. We will watch the 1950 'Christmas Carol' with Alistair Sim as Scrooge. I got it on DVD some years back with the B&W and colorized versions. Probably will check out the Steelers-Raiders too and maybe watch Black Adam.

I just cherish the time with all my 4 kids together.

Scrooge_%E2%80%93_1951_UK_film_poster.jpg

Op’s Mom with some garlic butter to make that ride glorious. Then I’ll use that butter with crab legs and shrimp. Might even get stone crab if it’s available in large, jumbo, or colossal.

Maverick Top Gun comes out 12/22 so probably stream that as well.

sounds boring

I have a rib roast dry aging now. It will be 15 days in on Christmas. We'll cut it into steaks that will go over Jealous Devil lump charcoal. My wife and daughter will take care of the sides.

Reactions: The Tradition
My wife and kids typically fall asleep early on Christmas Eve so a couple years ago I started a new tradition

I have some edibles
Then a Psuedosue or two
Then I watch The Ice Harvest
I eat a shit ton of raw cookie dough while I watch

It’s magical
I thought you were referring to this movie at first (the ice storm)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT