ADVERTISEMENT

So What's The Response When Trump Nominates And They're Confirmed?

burn-it-down.gif

Use GOPs own words and the hypocrisy from 2016 to help win the Senate and Presidency by further appealing to independents and moderate conservatives who see it for what it is.

Release the financial dirt they have and are sitting on for Kavanaugh in Spring of 2021

Make getting the 3.7 million citizens of DC and Puerto Rico requesting and voting for statehood a top 5 priority, ending the GOP to have minority control of Senate and Executive Branch and forcing them to join 21st century.

tl;dr my best guess (although I am often wrong): a major dem win in November despite more protests and riots. This leads to expansion of the court and 2 new states. Republicans will fire back eventually but it will be at least 2025 before they have enough firepower.
————————
Pre-election
  • More peaceful protests and unfortunately more isolated cases of dumbass riots. The extremists on the far left (and simple opportunists) do mainstream Dems no favors with the property destruction madness, but I assume it will happen
  • More money into dem coffers, plus a motivated base leads to Dems taking both the presidency and as a result the senate (50/50 split is my best guess - Dems lose Alabama, win Colorado, Maine, Arizona, and NC, all others hold serve). Law and order message continues to solidify Trump’s base, but is not resonating with suburban women per the latest polling I saw over the weekend. I see moderate suburbanites continuing the 2018 voting trend despite riots referenced above.
Post election the Dems will come out firing with a combo of the following:
  • Make Puerto Rico and DC states. The population of these areas are under represented American citizens paying federal taxes. Puerto Rico is larger than Iowa and DC is larger than Vermont and Wyoming
  • Pandemic goes away late 2021/early 2022 leading to a surging economy. Gives Dems even greater strength heading into mid term elections
  • More justices. Yes Republicans will fire back when they have the majority...but when will that be? With 2 new states it would be 54/50 for the Dems. Where and when will Republicans regain four seats? Arizona, Georgia, Texas, Nevada, North Carolina etc are all becoming a deeper shade of purple over time. To win these battlegrounds the conservatives will have to embrace independent moderate voters, so expect major reformation in party policy post Trump. It might be enough to win in Nov 2024, but not earlier IMO

Last edited:
I still dont think the votes are there so this is pass. But this will be a most entertaining week. I’ll have the television turned on in my office to monitor CNN and FOX. This is gonna be good.

Reactions: haw-key
If the GOP does do this, it will be a long time before I can place any faith in the GOP again. I have voted GOP in the past - not since 2016, as there are aspects of the traditional GOP platform I could get behind. Pushing thru another Justice now in blatant hypocrisy of what they said/did in 2016 will lose me for a very long time.

You lose the WH, House, and Senate. And we pack the court. That will be our response.

I agree with this, although the end result is our country will become officially ungovernable. Without Amendments then it doesn't matter what laws Democrats pass, Republicans will just undermine them and repeal them when they get the chance. Furthermore, they will just add their own judges when they get the reigns again and it won't be long before there are 23 judges or more on the Supreme Court. The thing is Republicans have shown that there is no tradition, norm, or standard that they aren't willing to break to maintain power. Democrats don't have much of a choice but to fight by the same rules or we will see a collapse of democracy and freedom in this country. It may be too late to stop that now.

If the GOP does do this, it will be a long time before I can place any faith in the GOP again. I have voted GOP in the past - not since 2016, as there are aspects of the traditional GOP platform I could get behind. Pushing thru another Justice now in blatant hypocrisy of what they said/did in 2016 will lose me for a very long time.
Long time? Like never?

Reactions: naturalmwa
I still dont think the votes are there so this is pass. But this will be a most entertaining week. I’ll have the television turned on in my office to monitor CNN and FOX. This is gonna be good.

I know Collins and Murkowski have definitively said no. Has anyone else gone on the record as a no yet?

How Will the left and media react?

As has been mentioned before. Court pack.

If the GOP is going to take and say in 2016 that we need to wait an entire year to confirm a new justice because of the upcoming election, and then say in 2020 that we can't wait a couple months, than the response should just be to court pack.

If you arn't going to uphold your own rules that you made up than why should the other side operate as though there are any rules.

Reactions: pjhawk
I know Collins and Murkowski have definitively said no. Has anyone else gone on the record as a no yet?

I think that’s all I heard. I heard a possible no turned out to be a yes...or a non-no at the moment. Not sure of the name.

They have said they wouldn't support nominating someone, but if you look at what they said, they haven't been definitive on what they'd do if they're actually asked to vote.
I agree it will be interesting.

Reactions: Gimmered
I'd be more entertained by this train wreck if I weren't a passenger on the train.
We all have a ticket on that train. And we ALL have an interest in seeing that it doesn't go off the rails.
Why and how did we get to such a division in this country? Why have we ALL allowed this to happen? Our country must survive.

We all have a ticket on that train. And we ALL have an interest in seeing that it doesn't go off the rails.
Why and how did we get to such a division in this country? Why have we ALL allowed this to happen? Our country must survive.
I'll tell you how. Electing Republicans. It's pretty obvious.

Reactions: naturalmwa
They'll probably hookup with Russia and try to poison Kavanaugh

Que sera sera. Your life will go on largely unaffected just as other drama queens.

You are right. By and large, my life will remain fairly unaffected.

However, it isn't about me. There are millions of other people who are or will be directly harmed by the rulings from this court and I actually want them to have the same opportunities I enjoy on a daily basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT