ADVERTISEMENT

So, where will the W's come from this year?

MeetTheFerentz

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2006
After the worst offensive performance Iowa has displayed since the early KF years, resulting in the defense requiring 2 safeties and our punter constantly giving the opponent 90+ yard fields to beat an FCS team by 4 points, one has to beg the question - What other games will Iowa actually win this year?

Nevada is the only game that I think MIGHT be a win at this point. Iowa St is another possibility due to MC's history of ineptness against us, but I'm not very confident. I don't see any way we win a Big Ten game - every single team I've seen on our schedule has played much better than us early on, even Nebraska. How long can our defense and punter carry this team?

Some people have used the UNI 2009 game as some kind of analogy of hope, but let's be real - this was not just a sluggish start to the season, this was an absolute sh&tshow of an offense and what everyone knew deep down was probably going to be the case.

I'm just literally dazed and confused after watching that sorry excuse for an offense.

So, let's hear it,. after that display against a MVFC team, can Iowa possibly beat a middle-of-the-road Big 12 team, middle-of-the-road MWC team, or any B1G team on the schedule?

I definitely was thinking 1-11 at end of game. Hate to say it, and not what expected, but if they don’t fix all the execution issues on offense, truly concerned.

Nevada, possibly Rutgers, after that - it will depend if our Offense shows any improvement as the year goes on. If yes, then I see us beating Illinois.

I only see Nevada, NW, and maybe Nebraska. Had to make the Nebby pick a maybe after they fired Frost.

After the worst offensive performance Iowa has displayed since the early KF years, resulting in the defense requiring 2 safeties and our punter constantly giving the opponent 90+ yard fields to beat an FCS team by 4 points, one has to beg the question - What other games will Iowa actually win this year?

Nevada is the only game that I think MIGHT be a win at this point. Iowa St is another possibility due to MC's history of ineptness against us, but I'm not very confident. I don't see any way we win a Big Ten game - every single team I've seen on our schedule has played much better than us early on, even Nebraska. How long can our defense and punter carry this team?

Some people have used the UNI 2009 game as some kind of analogy of hope, but let's be real - this was not just a sluggish start to the season, this was an absolute sh&tshow of an offense and what everyone knew deep down was probably going to be the case.

I'm just literally dazed and confused after watching that sorry excuse for an offense.

So, let's hear it,. after that display against a MVFC team, can Iowa possibly beat a middle-of-the-road Big 12 team, middle-of-the-road MWC team, or any B1G team on the schedule?
I think we've seen one of our two possible wins this year. If we don't beat Nevada it could be an ugly winless streak that finally sends the Ferentz family packing. Kirk Ferentz used to be an awesome coach, but the game might have passed him by. And having BK as his OC did not help KF at all. Maybe we'll bring in Scott Frost...

Kick me on the nuts and I will spit out 2

ADVERTISEMENT