ADVERTISEMENT

So....Wilcke or Assad?

I have always been a "don't pull Assad's shirt" guy and now feel more certain it was a bad idea. Now, having said that, I hope Assad tears up all comers.
I was also a "don't pull Assad's shirt" guy. From a strategic pov, it wasn't the right move. But the way we should look at it is, "Did we win NCAAs in 2020? If yes, then it panned out." Not, "Was it the most efficient way to win NCAAs in 2020?"

I was also a "don't pull Assad's shirt" guy. From a strategic pov, it wasn't the right move. But the way we should look at it is, "Did we win NCAAs in 2020? If yes, then it panned out." Not, "Was it the most efficient way to win NCAAs in 2020?"

I see both points. Really, Tom is going to get it either way...heavy is the crown and all that. But to me, this was him putting all his chips into the middle. It is routinely done on other teams. The only match that he looked overmatched was against Brooks. I think if this were a more established weight like 133 or 165, he would have continued to sit. But as it sits, he is top 8 IAW Intermat. This weight is a crapshoot...a guy gets on a heater like Foster did can win it all.

IMO, Brands knows these guys are nearly an even split and both probably have the same ceiling at the moment.
With that said, he's also factoring in potential bonus points in the early rounds. How confident are you of Cash coming away with any bonus points at the NCAA's?

Cash has had 14 NCAA tourney matches and has two bonus wins. A major last year and a fall in 2018. That's roughly a 14% rate.

He's looking at Abe betting that he has a better chance of finding bonus points, even if they both bow out in the round of 12.

3 additional points can go a long way to helping this team. That is why the decision was made.

Come on Chief. You say you know nothing and then follow it up with you wouldn't post it here if you did.

Clearly since you stated that you wouldn't post that which you know on here, we cannot realistically believe that there was actually a log pooped by you with out some sort of visual confirmation. (Pics or it didn't happen)

The only logical conclusion being that you are , in fact, full of crap.

-BIGS and NCAAs can't get here fast enough- I obviously have waayyy to much free time.:rolleyes::confused: I tried to find a constipated looking emoji but nothing really stuck out! Where the hell is KWOOD when you need him.
fake news is on the boards, real news is behind a paywall

Well said, Tarp. If he AAs I think the pull was worth it and Assad will look back on an amazing experience (AA and a team title). Anything less and I think it's like most of you more connected guys have said from the beginning...just not the best move for the team or for Assad. I'm hoping he attacks NCAAs like Young did last year...a couple bonus wins and a good podium finish. That would be impressive.

Reactions: TarpHawk
I was certainly in the don’t pull the shirt camp early on which was based on Abe’s results early in the year and believing that if Cash had just a c*nt hair more umph he’d be a podium guy. As the season has gone it’s become more apparent that there is something in the kids head that makes him hesitate or lose confidence when the lights are on. Abe lets it fly and likely offers more potential to score more points than Cash in March. Even if Abe doesn’t make the podium, he’ll be better prepared for his post season run next year when the Hawks look to repeat!

Go Hawks!!!

Last edited:
I was certainly in the don’t pull the shirt camp early on which was based on Abe’s results early in the year and believing that if Cash just a c*nt hair more umph he’d be a podium guy. As the season has gone it’s become more apparent that there is something in the kids head that makes him hesitate or lose confidence when the lights are on. Abe lets it fly and likely offers more potential to score more points than Cash in March. Even if Abe doesn’t make the podium, he’ll be better prepared for his post season run next year when the Hawks look to repeat!

Go Hawks!!!

I wish more people could see the logic in your post above.

I was certainly in the don’t pull the shirt camp early on which was based on Abe’s results early in the year and believing that if Cash just a c*nt hair more umph he’d be a podium guy. As the season has gone it’s become more apparent that there is something in the kids head that makes him hesitate or lose confidence when the lights are on. Abe lets it fly and likely offers more potential to score more points than Cash in March. Even if Abe doesn’t make the podium, he’ll be better prepared for his post season run next year when the Hawks look to repeat!

Go Hawks!!!

Cash has been so close to breaking through which is why I never would have thought I would be in the let Assad go camp. Caught me totally by surprise but given the situation, why not... This team and next year’s is our shot unless we get more transfers. “Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead.”

go hard Sunday, Monday and maybe Tuesday, recover Wednesday, then travel and make weight Thursday Friday. I don’t find it hard to believe. Most top teams do it that way give or take.
I'm not saying they didn't wrestle each other but don't think they would do a regulation 7 min. match.

Mcd, Dsj, Telford, Stoll, and Clark (even though the little badass won it) were all banged up versions of themselves by their 5th year. When they pulled the shirt our best guy was a healthy freshman, use him. There is no guarantee that 5th year will be great.

Mcd, Dsj, Telford, Stoll, and Clark (even though the little badass won it) were all banged up versions of themselves by their 5th year. When they pulled the shirt our best guy was a healthy freshman, use him. There is no guarantee that 5th year will be great.

Don't forget about Nick Moore. Good point.

Additionally, although college is often the 'greatest 7 years' of some people's lives, others are happy to get in and out in four and move on to the next thing. (Not that they couldn't still do that if they took a RS, but it would definitely feel like leaving something on the table).

As the saying goes, "The race is not always to the swiftest, nor the battle to the strongest. But that's where the smart money is."

Reactions: TNTwrestle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT