ADVERTISEMENT

Social Security question for the board

theiacowtipper

HB Legend
Feb 17, 2004
If you had a family member on SSI, social security disability for individuals with low income, and that family member was receiving it fraudulently, basically hiding assets, would you turn them in?

Reactions: h-hawk
Are they truly disabled and unable to work? How much in assets are we talking about?

If you had a family member on SSI, social security disability for individuals with low income, and that family member was receiving it fraudulently, basically hiding assets, would you turn them in?

SSDI is not tied to assets; it is insurance.
Are the assets , employment/work under the table this family member is doing while receiving SSDI?

Are they truly disabled and unable to work? How much in assets are we talking about?
150k. No. They’ve spent their entire life trying to get out of work. They have not worked six months since they became an adult. 60 years old

SSDI is not tied to assets; it is insurance.
Are the assets , employment/work under the table this family member is doing while receiving SSDI?
But they are on SSI. Isn’t that different? They don’t have enough work history for SSDI. FWIW this would also apply to Medicaid.

One more point. The assets came from an inheritance. One that they obtained by manipulating a mostly disabled but competent family member into giving them at death.

150k. No. They’ve spent their entire life trying to get out of work. They have not worked six months since they became an adult. 60 years old
One more point. The assets came from an inheritance. One that they obtained by manipulating a mostly disabled but competent family member into giving them at death.

God damn, seriously? Impressive. Would 100% turn them in.

jdtop7slqjr81.jpg

I would have to certain it was happening. But only after confronting them and suggesting they turn themselves In.

Last edited:
Yeah, based on this I wouldn’t be opposed to anonymously turning them in. These family members are probably also MAGAs complaining about illegals taking jobs and government benefits. Am I right?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Yeah, based on this I wouldn’t be opposed to anonymously turning them in. These family members are probably also MAGAs complaining about illegals taking jobs and government benefits. Am I right?
She is too stupid to know anything about politics. So, again, MAGA

• Haha
Reactions: VodkaSam

Sounds like a POS. How close are you to this individual, not necessarily to turn them in but so you can have a very frank conversation. After all, we are all paying for that person to commit fraud in one way or another.

Mind your own business. From your answers and others questions, not one of you know squat about SSDI and medicaid.
Sounds more like your a jealous person who needs to learn to worry more about what you are hiding in your own closet.
If the person has never worked as you proclaim, then the amount of money actually being paid to her is as far below poverty as one could get. Try living for six months just on what she is getting. Why are you worried about her "hiding" 150000? That small amount of money is easily achieved in a year or less. If any of what you claim is factual, she'll get herself.

Reactions: theiacowtipper
Sounds like a POS. How close are you to this individual, not necessarily to turn them in but so you can have a very frank conversation. After all, we are all paying for that person to commit fraud in one way or another.
First cousin. The money came from there in laws. They will simply say the law doesn’t say what it says. They will say I’m wrong. I’m not going to lie. It pisses me off. They are entitled pieces of crap who think there is no reason to work when you can collect a government check.

Mind your own business. From your answers and others questions, not one of you know squat about SSDI and medicaid.
Sounds more like your a jealous person who needs to learn to worry more about what you are hiding in your own closet.
If the person has never worked as you proclaim, then the amount of money actually being paid to her is as far below poverty as one could get. Try living for six months just on what she is getting. Why are you worried about her "hiding" 150000? That small amount of money is easily achieved in a year or less. If any of what you claim is factual, she'll get herself.
A valid reply. Just for clarification, it’s SSI, not SSDI. They don’t qualify for SSDI as they’ve really never worked. It’s not jealousy that is hitting me but their sense of entitlement. How they think that the rules don’t apply. I will admit that it probably isn’t enough to get that worked up about.

First cousin. The money came from there in laws. They will simply say the law doesn’t say what it says. They will say I’m wrong. I’m not going to lie. It pisses me off. They are entitled pieces of crap who think there is no reason to work when you can collect a government check.

Ef it, turn them in. Don’t apologize for doing what you think is right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT