ADVERTISEMENT

Sokol to compete at Cadet Worlds in Bulgaria: RESULTS

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004
https://iowawrestlingblog.com/2019/07/sokol-to-compete-in-cadet-worlds/

Round 1:
65 kg: Ryan Sokol (Inver Grove Heights, Minn./Simley WC) VSU Ionut Vintila (Moldova) 10-0

Round of 16:
Rd of 16: Davit Patsinashvili of Georgia VSU Ryan Sokol (USA) 12-0

Patsinashvili of Georgia lost in the Semifinals so Sokol is eliminated from the tournament.

Trackwrestling.com will be covering the Cadet World Freestyle Championships live.

2019 Cadet World Freestyle Championships in Sofia, Bulgaria

Ryan Sokol, Team USA - 65 kg/143 lbs.

Tuesday, July 30

2:30 a.m. – Qualification rounds (MFS 45, 51, 60, 71, 92 kg)

2:30 a.m. – Repechage (MFS 48, 55, 65, 80, 110 kg)

9:30 a.m. – Semifinals (MFS 45, 51, 60, 71, 92 kg)

10 a.m. – Finals (MFS 48, 55, 65, 80, 110 kg)

*****All times listed are CST.

I am now up on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/IowaWrestlingFan/
and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/iawrestlingfan

Last edited:
Non-wrestler here, so I am prepared to get put in my place, but when you have people traveling around the world for these tourneys I wouldn't be opposed to wrestling out all places, or even having a losers bracket.

I don't want to water down the event, but one or two matches and out seems like such a buzz kill.

Especially when you’re paying $3k to compete...triple that if you want mom and dad to come watch.

Non-wrestler here, so I am prepared to get put in my place, but when you have people traveling around the world for these tourneys I wouldn't be opposed to wrestling out all places, or even having a losers bracket.

I don't want to water down the event, but one or two matches and out seems like such a buzz kill.

It doesn't take a wrestler to know it is a little silly. People are going all around the world for one match at times. Are losers brackets a largely American thing?

The International rules are what they are. Many a wrestler in international competitions have been victims of the bad draw.
They do a form of seeding in higher level events which helps to balance the brackets.
Unfortunately not in this tournament.

The International rules are what they are. Many a wrestler in international competitions have been victims of the bad draw.
They do a form of seeding in higher level events which helps to balance the brackets.
Unfortunately not in this tournament.
Also, all the Eastern Bloc, European, Iranian, etc countries are much closer than we are. USA and Cuba get screwed but the other countries are relatively close to each other.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Really tough draw for Sokol. The bottom half was just stacked. Glad he got the experience.
SL 3x world champ. Wow, just wow
3x world champ before starting his senior season of high school and absolutely murdered everyone en route to doing so. Tech'd his way through his first two world titles and tech'd his way to the finals in his 3rd run. I think anyone who may have started watching him wrestle in college don't realize that, for as dominant as he is in folkstyle, he's more dominant in freestyle. Super excited to see him at the OTT next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT