ADVERTISEMENT

Sokol to Cornell

Well, the speculation was he would go to tOSU because of Kervleit. With him leaving, this makes more sense....I wonder if Kerk is going there, too, though.

I'm still a little shocked he's not a Hawk. Wonder what happened?

He couldn't pass up the chance to be in the room with the legend himself Freddy Stroker.

In all seriousness I wish him the best of luck. He gets to roll around with Yianni, be around Dake and get an Ivy league degree. That's winning. Plus its probably a pretty safe bet that he likely just had a little bit better relationship with Mike Grey than J. Jaggers or Morningstar. It happens....Next

I have to wonder if Echemendia, a possible 149, scared him at tOSU? Or if Sasso stays at 149 and Echemendia goes 157.
I also theorize that a recommitment to the Hawks would make it look like the decommitt was a mistake?
Oh well, good luck to him.

I am guessing that when he decommitted from the Hawks, his mind was made up that he was not going to be a Hawk. The coaches may have told him that they did not think he was a good fit and he looked elsewhere or he may have decided on his own.

My son is a junior right now, and I am not sure if he will be a D1 wrestler and if so, if he will be successful at D1. However, if he had a chance to wrestle at Cornell and be around Yianni and Dake, I would be thrilled thru the roof. Good luck Mr Sokol.

Sad we missed him, but really happy for the Sokol family. Ivy League educations don't grow on trees. I know the family has had some challenges with financial difficulty due to medical issues, so this could really be a life-changing deal for him and his family. Wish him all the best.

Sat next to his best friends dad at wn1 and he all but guaranteed he was going to he a Buckeye. Said he loved it and where he wanted to be.
I wouldn't be surprised and I'm guessing that changed when a certain recruit was signed by Tan Tom and the window closed at Iowa with our recent signings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT