ADVERTISEMENT

Sold with SeatGeek for the first time

El Simbolo

HB Heisman
Mar 6, 2002
Just sold 2 of our 6 tickets through SeatGeek, using the link directly from within our Minnesota Ticket Office account. I think Iowa has a similar setup with SeatGeek.

Anyway, they sold, and now SeatGeek says I'll get the payout a few days after the event. This is standard, right? The new buyer has paid SeatGeek and the tickets have transferred out from my Minnesota Ticket Office account. I'm not in danger of the new buyer not paying, right? They already paid SeatGeek, but SeatGeek's policy is apparently to hold onto to everyone's money for awhile to earn interest on it, I guess.

That all sound legit?

Just sold 2 of our 6 tickets through SeatGeek, using the link directly from within our Minnesota Ticket Office account. I think Iowa has a similar setup with SeatGeek.

Anyway, they sold, and now SeatGeek says I'll get the payout a few days after the event. This is standard, right? The new buyer has paid SeatGeek and the tickets have transferred out from my Minnesota Ticket Office account. I'm not in danger of the new buyer not paying, right? They already paid SeatGeek, but SeatGeek's policy is apparently to hold onto to everyone's money for awhile to earn interest on it, I guess.

That all sound legit?
I think this is a fairly common practice with most secondary market ticket sellers.

Reactions: El Simbolo
Selling on seatgeek is great. Super easy. Flat 10% seller fee.

Buying on seatgeek is a joke. Like around 40% buyer fee. All the tickets are electronically connected to the Iowa ticket office. There's literally no work involved from anyone. Why they need to charge a 40% fee, I have no idea.

Buying on seatgeek is a joke. Like around 40%  markup. All the tickets are electronically connected to the Iowa ticket office. There's literally no work involved from anyone. Why they need to charge a 40% fee, Of course they earn a hefty profit to the detriment of fans but that's what the market will bear.
FIFY...

Buying on seatgeek is a joke. Like around 40% buyer fee. All the tickets are electronically connected to the Iowa ticket office. There's literally no work involved from anyone. Why they need to charge a 40% fee, I have no idea.
I think it's because they like to make as much money as possible, and because they can. But I'm just guessing.

That all sound legit?
I have used Seat Geek to sell multiple times without any issue. It's legit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT