ADVERTISEMENT

Solid win for the racists in Texas

Voter ID law upheld, Klansmen and GOP dancing in the streets;

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/28/politics/texas-voter-id-law/index.html
Are you saying that somehow minorities are, for some reason, incapable of obtaining an ID? What is it that prevents minorities in particular from obtaining an ID? I know it isn't poverty because there are more poor white people in this country than poor minorities, and the poor white people seem to be able to get IDs. Or at least you don't seem to care if they can't.

Are you saying that somehow minorities are, for some reason, incapable of obtaining an ID? What is it that prevents minorities in particular from obtaining an ID? I know it isn't poverty because there are more poor white people in this country than poor minorities, and the poor white people seem to be able to get IDs. Or at least you don't seem to care if they can't.
Yes. That's what he is saying. Ruling parties do this in several way. Rigging when offices are open. Closing offices where IDs can be obtained in heavily minority areas. Allowing IDs from groups like the NRA to be valid, but not allowing student IDs. Requiring multiple trips to obtain an ID.

I watched a little of the AM Joy this morning and she had Maria Theresa Kumar on , who is an astute observer of Latino involvement in politics. She noted that in the Texas the mean age of a Latino is 17, and that overall they make up 15 percent of the voting base in the US. They are under represented in elections because they fail to show up in traditional numbers. She noted there is a very strong movement to register, and inspire Latinos to the polls, and the fuel is being provided by Republicans.
Take that with a grain of salt, but a sitting senator by the name of Ted Cruz is only 3 points ahead of a congressman from the El Paso area, with poor name recognition in polls for November's election. That doesn't auger well for the future of Republicans in Texas if the most rapidly expanding part of the electorate are getting really angry.

Reactions: Cudashots
Yes. That's what he is saying. Ruling parties do this in several way. Rigging when offices are open. Closing offices where IDs can be obtained in heavily minority areas. Allowing IDs from groups like the NRA to be valid, but not allowing student IDs. Requiring multiple trips to obtain an ID.
In literally one minute I found the posted hours of operation and requirements to get a non driver ID in El Paso Texas. Just picked a city at random. I guess I'm racist for thinking an adult can think for themselves and accomplish this same thing despite being a minority and not requiring outside assistance and hand-holding along the way.

Has Texas closed any DMV offices?

In literally one minute I found the posted hours of operation and requirements to get a non driver ID in El Paso Texas. Just picked a city at random. I guess I'm racist for thinking an adult can think for themselves and accomplish this same thing despite being a minority and not requiring outside assistance and hand-holding along the way.
Are you going to drive anyone to these places?

It’s amazing how easily some of you want to give up your civil rights. Shame on you.

How does this restrict voting rights? Where does the Constitution give me an affirmative right to vote? I am for protecting the process to preserve it. You want to destroy the process. Not a good look you treasonous bastards.
Regulations are restrictions. That’s definitional. Admit to that before we can progress.

Has Texas closed any DMV offices?
Have Mississippi, Alabama, and Ohio? The answer is yes. Republican dominated legislatures have worked with Republican governors to make it harder to get an ID.

Have Mississippi, Alabama, and Ohio? The answer is yes. Republican dominated legislatures have worked with Republican governors to make it harder to get an ID.
I'm asking specifically about Texas because the complaints that I'm hearing are that the Texas law is one of the strictest in the country. I don't know about other states but Ohio allows a variety of documents - cell phone bill, paycheck stub, government check stub, student ID, etc. Basically just about anything that verifies your name and current address.

And as I have explained multiple times, the Alabama DMV closures disproportionately impacted rural white Republicans.

Reactions: Gimmered
Only for those who are ineligible. That is the point.

Believing that blacks are too inferior to get a photo ID is racism. Admit to that before we can go on.
Blacks have nothing to do with my right to vote absent papers. You want to make me earn my right. I want to let you have the right by default. My position is pro freedom. Yours is restricted freedom for everyone. Then you have the temerity to pretend that universal restriction makes it OK. Screw your thinking about my rights.

Last edited:
Reactions: ft254 and jscott78
Blacks have nothing to do with my right to vote absent papers. You want to make me earn my right. I want to let you have the right by default. My position is pro freedom. Yours is restricted freedom for everyone. Then you have the temerity to pretend that universal restriction makes it OK. Screw your thinking about my rights.
You have the right to vote, not really but for sake of argument, all you need to do is show who you are. That is not an undue burden. Unless of course, you aren't who you claim to be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT