ADVERTISEMENT

Solon Beef Days Hay Bale Toss won by a Hawkeye

ichawk24

HB Legend
Nov 21, 2005
Solon Beef Days tells us Fall Camp is getting really close....

Iowa offensive lineman Gennings Dunker was the winner of Solon Beef Days’ 2022 hay bale toss after successfully clearing a 12-foot, 6-inch bar with a hay bale.

As long as nobody tore any abdominal muscles..........
KF that night

giphy.gif

i may be the only one but not a big fan of hay oriented activities in summer. too many iowa player off season injuries involve hay bales

Depends on the bales. As someone who has, there can be a very wide variation in weight. Did they say how heavy these were? Assume they weighed one or two. Had to have multiples as I am sure some break apart.
Just what I was thinking. Unfair if someone tosses a 60# bale and the next guy a 80# bale.

i may be the only one but not a big fan of hay oriented activities in summer.
Having baled a few times in my life I can agree with this. Only activity that must be performed when it's the hottest recorded day of the year.

Just what I was thinking. Unfair if someone tosses a 60# bale and the next guy a 80# bale.
I thought somebody said you get to "pick your own bale," and noted the art of selecting the "correct" bale. Wouldn't want a damp one, would we?

Drew Tate? Was that confirmed or just a myth?
I think Tate did injure his abdominal muscles in that event. Sticks in mind he kept the injury to himself until people began to notice something was wrong. I also recall he hurt himself trying to dive over an ISU player during the game that year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT