ADVERTISEMENT

Solon School District asks for $25 million in upgrades

I bet Saddleback will be houses in a decade.
It will. But, people wanted to expand to the west, towards the lake and state park first. And, there already was an established golf course on the west side too.
But, there are more big housing developments planned. Solon is going to expand to the northwest next though. Pretty soon.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
I bet in a decade it’s surrounded by houses.

It was sold off a year or two ago and was promised to keep it as a golf course. They are already building houses on the SW side of it. I think there are roughly 20 houses in that development when I saw the plans in the clubhouse.

People try to pretend there is a ‘private school advantage’ over public schools.
There really isn’t.
There IS a money, resources, parental and community involvement advantage however.
Many private schools do enjoy that, and Solon does too.
now imagine you started "pinehawk academy" with 10 of the best basketball players from the IC area. Should that team compete in class A?

Now Marion is building a football stadium. A town of 42,000 (plus rural students) certainly MUST have two shinny new stadiums that each school can call their own. :rolleyes:
I didn't realize that Marion had one Shinny stadium, let alone two. That's pretty cool.
Yes, I know that. But in a community this size don't you think 2 school districts could share a stadium?
They did, two years ago when the derecho destroyed Thomas Park.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
I didn't realize that Marion had one Shinny stadium, let alone two. That's pretty cool.

They did, two years ago when the derecho destroyed Thomas Park.
My home backs up to Thomas/Legion Park - the derecho was awful.

There is no doubt Marion needs a new football stadium. Pretty bizarre that both Linn Mar and Marion built their old stadiums right next to Indian Creek so they would get flooded often.

One of the funnier things I think of when I've been in Solon is they built that golf course, Saddleback Ridge about 20 years ago or so, and the Solon city council stupidly chose not to develop housing around that course. Awfully nice course but surrounded by farmland.
In this regard, Solon has always been about "measured" growth. To a person they never wanted or maybe ever will be a North Liberty or Tiffin as it isn't a path they want to go down infrastructurally. I haven't been out to Saddleback in a while I do believe that they are developing that area, at least on the west side of the course.

Reactions: TheHighLife
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT