ADVERTISEMENT

Solon's Callie Levin (class of 2024) commits to Iowa...

I've heard good things about her. My 8th grade girls wanted a challenge to play Solon but we couldn't get it to work. Would have liked to have seen her play because she sounds like the real deal.

Good player, to compare her to Caitlin Clark seems like a pipe dream. Dad is employed by Iowa, at the very least should be someone who is very dedicated to the program and would be willing to go through some adversity, if she encounters any, likely not a transfer out candidate if things get rough. Likely a top 100 recruit or fringe top 100 recruit, just not an elite game changer right now like Clark. Probably more of a SG than PG but projections are tough at this point, still 3 years away before she steps on campus.

Good player, to compare her to Caitlin Clark seems like a pipe dream. Dad is employed by Iowa, at the very least should be someone who is very dedicated to the program and would be willing to go through some adversity, if she encounters any, likely not a transfer out candidate if things get rough. Likely a top 100 recruit or fringe top 100 recruit, just not an elite game changer right now like Clark. Probably more of a SG than PG but projections are tough at this point, still 3 years away before she steps on campus.
I agree. I've compared some aspect of a player's game to an aspect of Clark's game, but comparing a player to Clark puts unneeded pressure and expectations on that player (even if that isn't the intent). Clark and Paige Bueckers showed more in their freshman seasons than any player I can recall in the last 5 years, and potentially far longer. We need to remember that their performances as freshman were extreme outliers.

No one compared her to Clark, did they?

Soooooo…no, no one compared her to Clark.
your mental aptitude is on a level beyond everyone else . . . kudos to you. You said she has some Caitlin Clark in her game . . . which leaves the average person to assume you are comparing her to none other than Caitlin Clark. Who in their right mind would have come to such a conclusion says professor Legend 12.

As an aside I knew better than replying to Legend12, that was pretty much the response I was expecting to get.

I graduated from HS in 1985 and it was comical to watch girls barely able to dribble more than twice back then, and a lot of falling down.

Amazing how much they have progressed and kudos to them.

Reactions: ozzyrulz
your mental aptitude is on a level beyond everyone else . . . kudos to you. You said she has some Caitlin Clark in her game . . . which leaves the average person to assume you are comparing her to none other than Caitlin Clark. Who in their right mind would have come to such a conclusion says professor Legend 12.
Key word = some

Key word = some
So he didn't say she was a Caitlin Clark clone but that she had some . . . ok if you really want to go down that road, does she have a similar haircut? Does she have dribble through her legs in a similar manner? Does she eat french fries in a similar way to Clark? The point was he was comparing her as an elite player, and could have some potential to be a good player. I don't mean to put words in professor Legends mouth, but that seems like a fairly good summation of what he intended. Otherwise it is so open ended there would be no point to even post what he did. That he wanted to continue to defend that he made no comparison is laughable.

Reactions: Stephen Hawk King
there’s a thread called wbb recruiting and future...... she’s been a topic on there a lot and in like 40 pages that thread has never descended into a stupid argument..... weird
I agree I shouldn’t have responded after prodded, but Legend has been part of ample disagreements on these forums over the years, the topic at hand generally doesn’t matter.

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
So he didn't say she was a Caitlin Clark clone but that she had some . . . ok if you really want to go down that road, does she have a similar haircut? Does she have dribble through her legs in a similar manner? Does she eat french fries in a similar way to Clark? The point was he was comparing her as an elite player, and could have some potential to be a good player. I don't mean to put words in professor Legends mouth, but that seems like a fairly good summation of what he intended. Otherwise it is so open ended there would be no point to even post what he did. That he wanted to continue to defend that he made no comparison is laughable.
Making me take legends side….. damn you lol

its always best to just assume legend is stirring the pot with every single post he makes. he included that last part about clark intentionally knowing someone would respond just like bunsen did. he gets to contradict and his day is made.

recognize him for what he is and he's really quite entertaining.

Reactions: bunsen82
Making me take legends side….. damn you lol

AuZXaMdAAnNozBflmoRfrBTPRu3ruNgTAy4qlQLvux3alRtUtKuBsS7RWM9vk14ngIFBeVUq3cgBwtQqHPP6z-6L4ZNHvFrMRpiM447TYDxL7ML3qTV9bPsl8JMcZItksD27s_jBNSDQ_YFcRhMKFTpchDSyL_n-5PY

Reactions: crstuff
its always best to just assume legend is stirring the pot with every single post he makes. he included that last part about clark intentionally knowing someone would respond just like bunsen did. he gets to contradict and his day is made.

recognize him for what he is and he's really quite entertaining.

Actually I was just trying to give an opinion on Callie's game as I am sure very few people have seen her play and many probably have never heard of her.

Reactions: Quintana
when someone compares players I just assume it means the player I dont know looks like the player I do know. i.e race, height, etc. haha

If someone would have compared Payton Sandfort to Pete Jok I would have bottled mind when I saw Payton Sandford. 🤣

Despite winning Miss Basketball for the state of Iowa and leading her team to a state title, Callie Levin doesn’t seem to get a lot of mention on this board.

What are the expectations for her contributions to next year’s squad?

Reactions: nu2u
Despite winning Miss Basketball for the state of Iowa and leading her team to a state title, Callie Levin doesn’t seem to get a lot of mention on this board.

I only saw her one time and that was on TV in the State Championship game. I was impressed, Good ball handler, Brought the ball up court very aggressively with her head up reading the floor and made a few passes that were the type we are used to seeing with Caitlin on the fast break. Good looking shot from distance.
Here is a link to highlights from her State Championship game.

To be honest, your high school is really meaningless. It's all about your club and the competition you're playing against on the circuit.

It looks like Ms Levin plays on Missouri Phenom, which plays at the highest levels of club hoops.

Interesting she isn't at All-Iowa Attack, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

In the end, an excellent get for Coach Bluder and the Hawks!

Not picking on her (from the highlight vid), and she seems very athletic, but I would LOVE to see the "OK" 3 thing, and other stuff like that go away, or at least far less frequently. That goes for guys too, so as not to seem sexist. I'm old, yes, and came from the "let your play do the talking" mold. I don't have an issue with "fiving" your teammates or whatever, but this crusty old guy would prefer the 'less is more' version.
Callie seems like a good fit and glad she's onboard!

For years, coming out of the Solon area ... I've heard that she's the best talent they've had there since Lindsey Meder. Lindsey was a darn fine talent. If Callie really is on that level ... then I'd expect that she'll be a regular and important contributor for the team.

She's a talent that was identified early ... and jumped on board early. My guess is that is part of the reason why she's subsequently "flown under the radar."

One of the factors that makes me suspect that she might surprise folks kinda relates to what Kelvin Bell has said about football-recruits from Iowa ... sometimes, for some of the in-state players ... playing for the Hawks means a little more to them ... and they kinda punch above their weight-class. In other words ... the fight in the dog matters. My guess is that Callie "has it."

Now, drawing comparisons to Caitlin is foolish hyperbole. However, each year Bluder and Co have a great record of getting players to present their "best face." We've seen that with Logic, Gustafson, Clark, etc ... lots of fine players. It seems like the current coaching staff have done a great job of capitalizing off of the successes of recent players in the recruiting game ... and the team potential ought to remain high.

Last edited:
To be honest, your high school is really meaningless. It's all about your club and the competition you're playing against on the circuit.

It looks like Ms Levin plays on Missouri Phenom, which plays at the highest levels of club hoops.

Interesting she isn't at All-Iowa Attack, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

In the end, an excellent get for Coach Bluder and the Hawks!
She was at AIA for a while. Her usage would have certainly been less had she stayed with all the quality guards on that roster.

Reactions: MelroseMauler
I only saw her one time and that was on TV in the State Championship game. I was impressed, Good ball handler, Brought the ball up court very aggressively with her head up reading the floor and made a few passes that were the type we are used to seeing with Caitlin on the fast break. Good looking shot from distance.
Here is a link to highlights from her State Championship game.

Tell you what if that girl is the lowest rated incoming player for Iowa in this class , then we are in GOOD shape. She can play, and she's got some of that "feisty" in her too.....

Haven’t seen a video of her probably at least two years ago and watching her now, she’s s definitely got some size on her and man she’s a damn good player. Hard to believe she’s the lowest rated player coming in. I am impressed with her game.

Haven’t seen a video of her probably at least two years ago and watching her now, she’s s definitely got some size on her and man she’s a damn good player. Hard to believe she’s the lowest rated player coming in. I am impressed with her game.
She left AIA & played for Martin Bros last year. The team was not at AIA's level to put it politely. She definitely played more than she would have if she stayed with Attack. Her dad was the coach I believe or an assistant at least. Interesting that she's going to a 3rd different AAU team this year.

Has Callie grown in height since she committed? Last I saw she was 5’ 9”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT