ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody use my email address to create a DraftKings and FanDuel account last night

images

Within a few minutes of each other, they created the accounts, deposited $10 into each. And now they’re trying to cash out $63 in one of them.
Someone used my gmail to create an ali express account. Not sure how they got it verified through their email, maybe they didn't need to then.

It's all in spanish so I have no idea what's going on, but it's not connected to any of my credit cards

t0KUKjk.png

Within a few minutes of each other, they created the accounts, deposited $10 into each. And now they’re trying to cash out $63 in one of them.

Did a verification email get confirmed through your email to create the account? If so, that means they have your email password too. Are you able to login to your email?

Did a verification email get confirmed through your email to create the account? If so, that means they have your email password too. Are you able to login to your email?
There are no confirmation emails. I can still log into my email.

For the DraftKings last night, I got emails:
-successfully registered
-deposit confirmation
-withdrawal request
-withdrawal processed (this morning)

So I forwarded the last one to the support email. I got a response, asking for my name, address, dob, and last 4 of my SS. WTF.

The email addresses look legit. But there’s no way I’m giving them that information. Is this really a very elaborate scam??

-successfully registered
-deposit confirmation
-withdrawal request

So I forwarded the last one to the support email. I got a response, asking for my name, address, dob, and last 4 of my SS. WTF.

The email addresses look legit. But there’s no way I’m giving them that information. Is this really a very elaborate scam??
My bad, I also need your credit card number along with the 3 digit security code on the back to confirm this is not your account.

-successfully registered
-deposit confirmation
-withdrawal request

I have a hard time believing that when you sign up for a DK account, they don't require you to verify the email address. I would definitely reset the password on your email account and add any two-factor authentication that's available. I know they don't have your card or bank information but they may have access to your email account.

Reactions: ping72 and fredjr82

-successfully registered
-deposit confirmation
-withdrawal request

All of those sites make you verify your account. See if you can find anything in your trash can (in email) that they deleted? Can you go to DraftKings and click "Forgot Your Password", use your email and see if it sends you a link to reset the account.

I have a hard time believing that when you sign up for a DK account, they don't require you to verify the email address. I would definitely reset the password on your email account and add any two-factor authentication that's available. I know they don't have your card or bank information but they may have access to your email account.
Some sites ask if you would like to save your cc info so you don't have to re-enter it.

Update...
Draftkings does

You have the option to save your preferred credit card, debit card, Apple Pay, PayPal account, Venmo account, online banking credentials, or Play + card for fast and efficient convenience

Some sites ask if you would like to save your cc info so you don't have to re-enter it.

Update...
Draftkings does

You have the option to save your preferred credit card, debit card, Apple Pay, PayPal account, Venmo account, online banking credentials, or Play + card for fast and efficient convenience

But they still make you confirm your email address before you ever put that information in or they at least used to. If @ping72 never entered any of that information (as he didn't create the account) his account information shouldn't be there. Regardless, at account creation you MUST verify your email address.

Update...
Draftkings does

I'm not talking about the payment method, I'm talking about the account verification using his email address. Even if someone just guessed his email address or used it, it still should have sent an email to the account for someone to click on to verify they have access to that email. If he didn't do that, they likely have access to his email account and verified it themselves. They probably deleted that email to hide their tracks.

I'm not talking about the payment method, I'm talking about the account verification using his email address. Even if someone just guessed his email address or used it, it still should have sent an email to the account for someone to click on to verify they have access to that email. If he didn't do that, they likely have access to his email account and verified it themselves. They probably deleted that email to hide their tracks.
Weird that they would keep the email password the same if so (ping was able to access) but maybe didn't want to seem to suspicious? I told him to check the trash in his email and/or go to DK and FD and click Forgot Your Password. That would send a link if so

If they can login to the account they can manage it. Update the email and access to the payment info you had and then $$$$.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT