ADVERTISEMENT

Someone at the Girl's HS Athletic Association ought to be ashamed!

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
The 3A HS girls golf championship was played at River Valley Golf Course outside of Adel Saturday. I just watched "highlites"of the gals putting on the 18th green....my question is where was the windmill/clown's mouth? What a joke......what asswipe would place a golf hole where they placed it on this green. Obviously, the pinsetter got into a doozy of an argument with his wife/live-in before he went to work that morning!
4 gals out of 76 players made a par4 hole.....The "average score" on the hole was "8" ((14 players recorded a "9" and 11 players recorded a "10").....some participants were seen leaving the golf course in tears after their rounds.....there's all kinds on videos out there showing gals putting the ball off the green from above the hole...and showing some putts from below the hole coming up short of the hole...and then rolling backwards off the green!
Now this golf hole has a reputation....In "old school" verbage (the verbage that joelbc1 has grown-up with and mastered) the word to describe this hole is "chickenshit." This hole has been this way ever since the course was built......like almost 20 years ago...and the 18th green was chickenshit then, too! The green is so poorly engineered, It is not a test of golf in any way. The only thing "fair" about it is that everyone has to putt out on it. The story said the difficulty of the hole/pin placement had played backed up almost 30 minutes at times as players were attempting to "putt out".....
The shame here rests solidly on the Girls Association as they need to more carefully oversee and screen the sights of their sponsored events and they should have some reasonable standards as to pin placements. Shame on the Iowa Girl's Athletic Association! Creating a chickenshit pin placement or two does not prove to folks "how demanding"the course ir.....Frankly River Valley is barely mediocre at best.
I have no dog in this fight but I do believe the Girl's SAthletic Association owes an apology to all the teams and coaches and schools involved. My recollection is there is about 10% of the green where it is suitable to place the pin...methinks it is the back right side of the green and there isn't much more than 15' or so available. That the course hasn't rebuilt this green in the years of its existence just astonishes me...it is that bad! And to hold a "state event" there is an embarrassment to the state of Iowa.

(Ol' "joelbc1" last played this golf course over 10 years ago after a similar experience on the 18th green, that ruined a very nice round of golf...and cost him some serious coin!)

s-l500.jpg
Pull that Pepsi out of the hazard Joel! Free drop.

I really feel sorry for the gals.....its bullshit. There is enough for these kids to think about just playing in a state meet....and then to have this bullshit occur.......The folks at River Valley get some blame here too.....what the hell were they thinking?

Nobody ever searches to see if a thread already exists. They think they were the first to bring it up, even days after something has happened.

Reactions: ghost80
Nobody ever searches to see if a thread already exists. They think they were the first to bring it up, even days after something has happened.
I don't understand why this is a problem for some folks, especially for those of us that didn't see it the first time. The whole Pepsi thing is way over done IMO.

Any green that consistently causes good players to putt the ball off the green needs to be blown up. I feel bad for the kids.

Double Pepsi.....but give Joel a break....he is too busy dealing with the goose shit in his pool to go check.

Reactions: JMSBFD
You’re seriously upset about a hole location on a golf course? 😂
Wow some of you guys are seriously bored. I’d suggest adding a hobby other than HROT.

Double Pepsi.....but give Joel a break....he is too busy dealing with the goose shit in his pool to go check.
So far, no ducks or geese have been sighted..never had a “goose” problem but more than my shRe Of ducks..I think Iam on the flight pattern between Saylorville and the pond in the park a few blocks down the street. We will try “the eyes” this year too, as they seemed to have worked well last year.

Reactions: ghost80
ADVERTISEMENT