ADVERTISEMENT

Someone's having a busy morning

This post was great till it didnt end with "you chose poorly"

Now we cant make Indiana Jones refrences.

Indiana was the dogs name

Sorry, poorly just seemed like too much of an understatement. And yes, the knight actually popped into my head, just didn't go there. Maybe I chose poorly?

100% agree with thewop on this point here. As the documentary "Knocking Down the House" shows, AOC beat the establishment as a HUGE underdog because the higher-ups at the DNC were so clueless as to how to campaign, and she was savvy enough to exploit that to her advantage.

AOC won her primary because the incumbent DEM didn't take her seriously. she then easily won election b/c she ran in a heavily democratic district. It's not like it was a huge upset against a popular republican.

Reactions: cigaretteman
AOC won her primary because the incumbent DEM didn't take her seriously. she then easily won election b/c she ran in a heavily democratic district. It's not like it was a huge upset against a popular republican.

Yes, that's a big part of it, and that doesn't contradict what I said. The guy was a ten term incumbent.

Yes, that's a big part of it, and that doesn't contradict what I said. The guy was a ten term incumbent.

Fair enough, I can't quite characterize it as a total upset b/c the hard part was simply shocking him in the primary race. I'm not sure it's fair to call her a huge underdog b/c that primary wasn't even being looked at until super-late (also speaks to the difficulties of accurately polling primary races). Had the incumbent guy thought it was a serious challenge, he would have won. It's more a classic example to me of an incumbent getting too comfortable than of a legit underdog story.

Fair enough, I can't quite characterize it as a total upset b/c the hard part was simply shocking him in the primary race. I'm not sure it's fair to call her a huge underdog b/c that primary wasn't even being looked at until super-late (also speaks to the difficulties of accurately polling primary races). Had the incumbent guy thought it was a serious challenge, he would have won. It's more a classic example to me of an incumbent getting too comfortable than of a legit underdog story.

The documentary is ONLY about the primaries. And yes, his hubris did help his downfall, but there's no doubt in my mind after watching it that she is simply a better campaigner who doubled-down well on serious issues. If you have Netflix, do yourself a favor and watch it.

The documentary is ONLY about the primaries. And yes, his hubris did help his downfall, but there's no doubt in my mind after watching it that she is simply a better campaigner who doubled-down well on serious issues. If you have Netflix, do yourself a favor and watch it.
It was a great doc. She was impressive with her resolve and her commitment. All the candidates were impressive with their motivation. AOC was even surprised she won!

It was a great doc. She was impressive with her resolve and her commitment. All the candidates were impressive with their motivation. AOC was even surprised she won!

That election night scene was incredible. The last 30 minutes is about as good as documentary film-making gets.

No big deal. Just the president saying people that investigated him committed treason.

Remember when people were upset about the president commenting on ongoing investigations? That use to be a big deal.

Treason. He used the word treason, and it doesn’t seem to be a big deal. That’s where we are at.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT