ADVERTISEMENT

Something we haven’t mentioned here: how parents will respond to the next school shooting after seeing Uvelde’s police incompetence

Why would I be offended? I just think it’s silly you’ve spent an entire day and countless posts on that one point. It’s your time, post whatever you want.

LOL. My posts are responses to Nester's posts. Probably taken up about 20 minutes of my time. I've been in the sun all day and and or watching Iowa baseball.

At work a few years ago we had a presentation from an Illinois State Police officer on what to do if there is an active shooter in your building. Trying to remember what he said.

First, when you hear gunshots in your building, your first concern is to get out alive. Your boss is no longer your boss. If your boss says "Everybody to the north stairwell" and that little sense in the back of your brain says take the south stairwell, take the south stairwell. Trust it in an extreme emergency, that's why your prehistoric ancestors weren't eaten by the big cats and you are here today.

Your options are flee, hide, or fight. The officer said he couldn't tell us what to do, everybody's situation is different. Again, listen to that survival instinct.

When you are fleeing in the building (often a good call) and you run into LEOs don't hinder them unless you have info on the shooter(s) and his weapons. If you are in a panic and ask them "Where do I go, what do I do?" the officers will push or shove you aside, probably not too gently. The seconds you are taking up from the armed response could mean more people dead. GO IN THE DIRECTION THE COPS CAME FROM.

He concluded with, if there is one things you remember, remember this. No it's not going to the hallway and pressing the down button for the elevator. When you exit the building hold your arms up with your palms out. Hands are dangerous, they can hold weapons.

Does anyone remember a year or two ago when law enforcement were deemed racist and bad and we should de fund the police?

One would have to think instances like this would prove that police are necessary. A rational person might also believe that you get what you pay for.

Looks like the average salary for police in uvelde is around 47k. whereas the average overall salary for texas is 57k.

So we put poorly paid and most likely poorly trained people in place to protect the people that hate them. Its no wonder we get bad results.

In addition, too many people want to place the blame on the cops. That is a bs claim. Lets hold the people at the top responsible who are making the laws and making the money rather than the guys who make make below the state average salary and have zero say in the policies and protocols.
What a bunch of b.s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT