ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Henrich will be a Cornhusker

Feb 3, 2018
Home of the Brave
I’m hearing it was a pretty big celebration when Coach Rudd called Coach Frost to tell him the news.

I personally know that Chinander made it his mission to keep Henrich away from Iowa, essentially having Rudd live at Omaha Burke HS. It’s no secret, and take this as a small consolation prize, but Henrich most likely had Iowa in his very top group of schools. Those coaches knew it would take a big effort to keep him from becoming a Hawkeye.

I was told it came down to 3 things:

Location, coaching staff and the ability to compete for championships. Nick really, really fell in love with that staff at Nebraska. They’re just a short distance down the road from Omaha, and lastly, Frost has those kids believing in the Huskers. I was told Nick felt he’d have a better shot to compete for championships at an elite program like NU.

Not for sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Henrich still take a visit or two. At least that was the plan, which was fine with the Nebraska staff, but as of Tuesday evening he gave a verbal to Coach Frost.

I know this won’t be received well, so go right ahead and call me a troll - but just like when I shared with this board that Duggan had eliminated Iowa, just thought you all would like to know. Sooner or later this will become public knowledge anyhow, but feel free to take your shots at the messenger.

I’m hearing it was a pretty big celebration when Coach Rudd called Coach Frost to tell him the news.

I personally know that Chinander made it his mission to keep Henrich away from Iowa, essentially having Rudd live at Omaha Burke HS. It’s no secret, and take this as a small consolation prize, but Henrich most likely had Iowa in his very top group of schools. Those coaches knew it would take a big effort to keep him from becoming a Hawkeye.

Location, coaching staff and the ability to compete for championships. Nick really, really fell in love with that staff at Nebraska. They’re just a short distance down the road from Omaha, and lastly, Frost has those kids believing in the Huskers. I was told Nick felt he’d have a better shot to compete for championships at an elite program like NU.

Not for sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Henrich still take a visit or two. At least that was the plan, which was fine with the Nebraska staff, but as of Tuesday evening he gave a verbal to Coach Frost.

I know this won’t be received well, so go right ahead and call me a troll - but just like when I shared with this board that Duggan had eliminated Iowa, just thought you all would like to know. Sooner or later this will become public knowledge anyhow, but feel free to take your shots at the messenger.
Nebraska fan thinks Nebraska will get nebraska kid. Ok.

Are you looking for troll validation?

A lot of time between now and signing day... let's see how that Nebraska defense looks this fall. We are many years removed from the "black shirts" or whatever it was

tenor.gif

Nebraska can’t even sniff the B1G West champs, why would they be in a national championship conversation?

Wow! I can't imagine the explosion (a sudden outburst of something such as noise, light, especially anger) on this site when he actually does sign with Nebraska. The friendly confines of the eastern Nebraska board will snowball into he**.

Wow! I can't imagine the explosion (a sudden outburst of something such as noise, light, especially anger) on this site when he actually does sign with Nebraska. The friendly confines of the eastern Nebraska board will snowball into he**.
If he does sign with Nebby in the end so be it it's just the humour that this chase guy blessed us with

Reactions: LGEND24
I didnt even catch that.... they just cant stay out of thier own way..... elite like 4-8 elite or like 5-7 elite? Let me guess riley is gone the saviour is here....... ps congrats on mo washington qualifying :)
I think he meant to compete for championships in their games against Northern Illinois.

I’ll agree there’s a chance but more than likely Northern Illinois’ going to win.

a kid from Nebraska picks Nebraska...that would hardly be shocking or cause for outrage. You like most Nebraska fans think way too highly of yourselves. Try challenging for the West Division title before you start talking about national championships. My goodness, it never ends with you goobers.

a kid from Nebraska picks Nebraska...that would hardly be shocking or cause for outrage. You like most Nebraska fans think way too highly of yourselves. Try challenging for the West Division title before you start talking about national championships. My goodness, it never ends with you goobers.

But but but his dad played tennis at UI and he is an Iowa legacy without any fandom towards Nebraska.

Elite huh? Then why didn't he commit to Minnesota????????:confused:

Well, if one of his criteria is to compete for national championships, that eliminates Notre Dame, Nebraska and us, along with the majority of the schools recruiting him. Hell, were closer to winning a national championship then Nebraska is. If they can't stand toe to toe with Iowa on the gridiron, then there living in Imagination land when it comes to even competing for the West title. Yeah yeah yeah, I know, Frost is there deliverer, but lets see if he can get Nebbie out of the bottom half of the West before he parts the red sea. LOL

Well aren’t they paying 3 head coaches salaries this year....? They should grab a stud recruit or 2 then....right? Your post is so crusty.

Last edited:
No sane person believes Nebraska is an elite program anymore.

Predicting an Omaha kid choosing Nebraska isn't exactly a bold prediction.

You seem like you just need attention. That's basically what your post communicates. Nothing else.

Doesn't change in the least that I still hope that the Hawks land Heinrich. Will it happen? I have no idea ... it's entirely up to him. But it doesn't stop me from wanting him to become a Hawk.

I am surprised the Neblanders would stoop so low as to even consider a 3 star recruit. Must be as the OP says, they only want to keep him away from us.

Reactions: CodyHusker
Does he have a time machine or something?
They've been in secret negotiations with
Does he have a time machine or something?
They have been in negotiations with Dr. Emmett Brown and Marty McFly in trying to get that Delorean into Lincoln in hopes of being able to send fans en masse back to the 90's.

They apparently had tried this when Bo Pelini got canned and Biff made a statement apparently telling Bo to "make like a tree and get outta here!"

Reactions: SWIowahawks
They've been in secret negotiations with

They have been in negotiations with Dr. Emmett Brown and Marty McFly in trying to get that Delorean into Lincoln in hopes of being able to send fans en masse back to the 90's.

They apparently had tried this when Bo Pelini got canned and Biff made a statement apparently telling Bo to "make like a tree and get outta here!"
Just like Nebraska football, “I hate manure.”

Reactions: cleotishaywood
Being a die hard Hawk fan I hate Nebby as much as most of you but with the BS that Frost is telling all the recruits how he is going to turn them around, he will get some good ones. So don't think they will not get better in the next couple years. We will see this year just how much they have improved under him in one year.

Is there any truth to the rumors in Lincoln that Noah Fant is transferring to Nebraska?

Reactions: FlickShagwell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT