ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Henrich will be a Cornhusker

I’m hearing it was a pretty big celebration when Coach Rudd called Coach Frost to tell him the news.

I personally know that Chinander made it his mission to keep Henrich away from Iowa, essentially having Rudd live at Omaha Burke HS. It’s no secret, and take this as a small consolation prize, but Henrich most likely had Iowa in his very top group of schools. Those coaches knew it would take a big effort to keep him from becoming a Hawkeye.

I was told it came down to 3 things:

Location, coaching staff and the ability to compete for championships. Nick really, really fell in love with that staff at Nebraska. They’re just a short distance down the road from Omaha, and lastly, Frost has those kids believing in the Huskers. I was told Nick felt he’d have a better shot to compete for championships at an elite program like NU.

Not for sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Henrich still take a visit or two. At least that was the plan, which was fine with the Nebraska staff, but as of Tuesday evening he gave a verbal to Coach Frost.

I know this won’t be received well, so go right ahead and call me a troll - but just like when I shared with this board that Duggan had eliminated Iowa, just thought you all would like to know. Sooner or later this will become public knowledge anyhow, but feel free to take your shots at the messenger.

All this cause he said hi to someone in a Nebraska shirt on Tuesday...wow. The Henrich family probably can't even leave their trash out on the curb. I'm starting to think the state of Nebraska's best kept secret is that LSD is legal for Husker fan use only.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerkyFan
I didnt even catch that.... they just cant stay out of thier own way..... elite like 4-8 elite or like 5-7 elite? Let me guess riley is gone the saviour is here....... ps congrats on mo washington qualifying :)
We are all glad that Riley is gone, but know that Frost and Co have a ton of work/long road with the mess that was left. That 4-8/5-7 record could easily happen this year with the schedule. Brutal with crossovers and away games to Wisky/OSU/Mich/Iowa/NW.

Maurice never was going to qualify and the coaches knew this. There was no way he could qualify with his dad passing and missing school for a year. It had to start with an academic redshirt (new rule in 2016) which it sounds like is in process. Sit a year out, go to school who player signed with, get your grades up and then become eligible in Fall of 2019. Similar to the old Prop 48.

Last edited:
I’m hearing it was a pretty big celebration when Coach Rudd called Coach Frost to tell him the news.

I personally know that Chinander made it his mission to keep Henrich away from Iowa, essentially having Rudd live at Omaha Burke HS. It’s no secret, and take this as a small consolation prize, but Henrich most likely had Iowa in his very top group of schools. Those coaches knew it would take a big effort to keep him from becoming a Hawkeye.

Location, coaching staff and the ability to compete for championships. Nick really, really fell in love with that staff at Nebraska. They’re just a short distance down the road from Omaha, and lastly, Frost has those kids believing in the Huskers. I was told Nick felt he’d have a better shot to compete for championships at an elite program like NU.

Not for sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Henrich still take a visit or two. At least that was the plan, which was fine with the Nebraska staff, but as of Tuesday evening he gave a verbal to Coach Frost.

I know this won’t be received well, so go right ahead and call me a troll - but just like when I shared with this board that Duggan had eliminated Iowa, just thought you all would like to know. Sooner or later this will become public knowledge anyhow, but feel free to take your shots at the messenger.

Your'e a troll and Duggan doesn't fit the Iowa QB mold. There are you happy?

We are all glad that Riley is gone, but know that Frost and Co have a ton of work/long road with the mess that was left. That 4-8/5-7 record could easily happen this year with the schedule. Brutal with crossovers and away games to Wisky/OSU/Mich/Iowa/NW.

Maurice never was going to qualify and the coaches knew this. There was no way he could qualify with his dad passing and missing school for a year. It had to start with an academic redshirt (new rule in 2016) which it sounds like is in process. Sit a year out, go to school who player signed with, get your grades up and then become eligible in Fall of 2019. Similar to the old Prop 48.

You may want to speak with the vocal majority who think that Frost will be NC quality as soon as this year. I do like your more realistic approach

Well if Wiltfong is the "bible" that you say he is, then you boys can cross Chris Hickman off your list, because he's predicted him going to Nebraska.
Not sure he's as close to another Fant as we thought still a nice raw prospect tho

The sad reality of Nebraska football: "we recruited better than you" is their definition of success.

Pretty soon it will be "we have better water than you"

A tradition like no other. Nebraska wins the off-season, every year. Glowing articles from the Omaha World Herald and the Journal Star about how there is a different "vibe" coming from the football offices, recruiting is better than it's ever been, the Huskers are passing the eye test in spring ball, X player has become a real leader, Y player has a great personal story that caused him to re-dedicate himself to football, the improvements made in the weight room and testing are unlike anything seen in years. It is like clockwork, every year. And then the football season starts.

With all that said, I do think Frost is a good coach and I do think Nebraska will be much better due to having a competent head coach as opposed to the talented but emotional toddler Pelini or the way out of his element Mike Riley. But is Frost a good coach or a great coach? No one knows. How does he handle adversity? He's encountered not a lot in his coaching career so far. It's not uncommon as the fast-risers get to a P5 job by winning a lot. But what happens when breaks don't go your way or key injuries occur or pressure mounts? I suspect he will do just fine given his background but even suggesting that Frost might have any sort of a learning curve sends Husker fans into crazy mode.

Reactions: kwik44

Hard to compete for titles when you get curb stomped by the Badgers & Hawks!

A tradition like no other. Nebraska wins the off-season, every year. Glowing articles from the Omaha World Herald and the Journal Star about how there is a different "vibe" coming from the football offices, recruiting is better than it's ever been, the Huskers are passing the eye test in spring ball, X player has become a real leader, Y player has a great personal story that caused him to re-dedicate himself to football, the improvements made in the weight room and testing are unlike anything seen in years. It is like clockwork, every year. And then the football season starts.

With all that said, I do think Frost is a good coach and I do think Nebraska will be much better due to having a competent head coach as opposed to the talented but emotional toddler Pelini or the way out of his element Mike Riley. But is Frost a good coach or a great coach? No one knows. How does he handle adversity? He's encountered not a lot in his coaching career so far. It's not uncommon as the fast-risers get to a P5 job by winning a lot. But what happens when breaks don't go your way or key injuries occur or pressure mounts? I suspect he will do just fine given his background but even suggesting that Frost might have any sort of a learning curve sends Husker fans into crazy mode.

I can see Frost killing it, crashing and burning or anywhere in between. Clearly he's a good coach with an offensive system that can be effective. The real question is: How does it hold up in the B10. Weather, a highly defensive minded league and the brutality of a full B10 season may render his approach moot. Maybe they'll be solid in Sept but fade as the weather turns nasty, or fade and injuries mount. Also, can his defenses hold their own in the B10? He has a reputation as an offensive guru, but 35 points only wins if you hold the opponent to less than that. Or, maybe he'll be the yin to everyone else's yang and benefit from being the different offense that nobody has quite enough time to prepare for. If I were a Nebby fan, I'd be a lot more confident if the huskers were still in the b12...I think Frost is a better fit for that league to be honest.

Time will tell, but as they say in the investment world (and we've seen countless times in football coaching), "Past performance may not be indicative of future results."

You may want to speak with the vocal majority who think that Frost will be NC quality as soon as this year. I do like your more realistic approach

Not remotely close to a majority believe anything close to that. Just like a segment of every fan base (including Iowa), some will have completely unrealistic expectations. The vast majority of NE fans I know are thinking winning 6 or 7 and being competitive would be a good building block year. That would take quite a bit of work, given where 'Mr. Rogers' left the program. Even the 'vocal majority' are nowhere near being fixated on being 'NC quality as soon as this year.'

I can see Frost killing it, crashing and burning or anywhere in between. Clearly he's a good coach with an offensive system that can be effective. The real question is: How does it hold up in the B10. Weather, a highly defensive minded league and the brutality of a full B10 season may render his approach moot. Maybe they'll be solid in Sept but fade as the weather turns nasty, or fade and injuries mount. Also, can his defenses hold their own in the B10? He has a reputation as an offensive guru, but 35 points only wins if you hold the opponent to less than that. Or, maybe he'll be the yin to everyone else's yang and benefit from being the different offense that nobody has quite enough time to prepare for. If I were a Nebby fan, I'd be a lot more confident if the huskers were still in the b12...I think Frost is a better fit for that league to be honest.

Time will tell, but as they say in the investment world (and we've seen countless times in football coaching), "Past performance may not be indicative of future results."

About as accurate as anything I have read on any board like this in quite a while.

Nebraska came into the B1G running the spread and obviously that’s when they had their most successful seasons in the B1G so far. OSU, PSU, and jNW all run the spread and have pretty good results in the B1G. So, I just dont get where Iowa people think that Frosts system can’t work because it’s “too finesse” or “not tough enough” for the B1G. His last team at UCF was plenty physical when they beat the brakes off of Maryland. Plenty physical when they beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl.

Nebraska came into the B1G running the spread and obviously that’s when they had their most successful seasons in the B1G so far. OSU, PSU, and jNW all run the spread and have pretty good results in the B1G. So, I just dont get where Iowa people think that Frosts system can’t work because it’s “too finesse” or “not tough enough” for the B1G. His last team at UCF was plenty physical when they beat the brakes off of Maryland. Plenty physical when they beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl.

Score prediction Iowa vs Nebraska this year?

Reactions: sltldowney
Well, most Iowa fans have been banned from Nebraska board, so you likely didn’t see it there.

I frequent a fair amount of boards - paid at UCF and Nebraska, free boards on pretty much everyone Nebraska plays. I find the banter interesting and the pre-conceived notions of other fans entertaining. However, most of the posters are pretty interesting and reasonable.

One exception would be last year on a board where a fan of another team laid into me and spent numerous posts assuming they knew anything about me or really football in general. Pretty hilarious - especially since I was related to one of their coaches and I had been to more games in their stadium than that particular fan (they were my 2nd favorite team for over a decade).

I don't think this year game is close either. Stanley will be the difference. I expect Frost to take this game personal and take chances that back fire on him (fake punt, going for it on 4th down, etc...).

Iowa 42

Nebby 20

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
The sad reality of Nebraska football: "we recruited better than you" is their definition of success.

Pretty soon it will be "we have better water than you"
Oh come on...they aren't as pathetic as that sh!t show in ames...
After multiple attempts that dumb song wont embed and they removed it from youtube lol

Last edited:

Agree that the offensive scheme doesn't matter as much as how well it's run. Spread teams have been successful and not successful in the Big 10. Just like traditional/pro style teams have been good and bad. Rutgers sucks and they run the spread. Maryland has not been very good and they run the spread. MSU has had it's best run in school history under Dantonio running mostly pro-style. And so on.

Frost's offensive scheme isn't by itself a + or - until we see how it fits into the program he's creating. I don't know that touting spanking Maryland when Kassim Hill got injured in the first quarter is proof of much. Maryland won 2 conference games once Pigromme got hurt in the opener against Texas and then Hill got hurt against UCF early. Most teams suck when forced to go to their 3rd and 4th QB's and Maryland was no different.

This year and subsequent years should be interesting. Big Ten West is in better shape overall than it's been in a few years.

I don't think this year game is close either. Stanley will be the difference. I expect Frost to take this game personal and take chances that back fire on him (fake punt, going for it on 4th down, etc...).

Iowa 42

Nebby 20
It’s Neb’s Super Bowl. But that ain’t enough.

Iowa 49

Neb 14

They keep it a lot closer this year.

Defense wins championships and Scott Frost will continue to uphold the Pinkskirt tradition and routinely see 50, 60, 70 points put up against them.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Defense wins championships and Scott Frost will continue to uphold the Pinkskirt tradition and routinely see 50, 60, 70 points put up against them.

Since Iowa routinely has a good defense each year, where are all the championships? Who cares if you only give up 17 points but you can only score 10? Riddle me that “championship” boy.

Well if Wiltfong is the "bible" that you say he is, then you boys can cross Chris Hickman off your list, because he's predicted him going to Nebraska.
We have all pretty much crossed that off, we are stacked at TE for several years so no worries. Fant's pretty good, like best TE in the nation good...thx for that. And Prater, Ott, Bazata, Tarp and other Neb players who chose correctly and flourished on the better side of the Mississipi

Since Iowa routinely has a good defense each year, where are all the championships? Who cares if you only give up 17 points but you can only score 10? Riddle me that “championship” boy.
LMAO- we scored 50 in 3 quarters at Lincoln holy shit you guys have nothing to post on here because your program sucks

Not remotely close to a majority believe anything close to that. Just like a segment of every fan base (including Iowa), some will have completely unrealistic expectations. The vast majority of NE fans I know are thinking winning 6 or 7 and being competitive would be a good building block year. That would take quite a bit of work, given where 'Mr. Rogers' left the program. Even the 'vocal majority' are nowhere near being fixated on being 'NC quality as soon as this year.'
I don't think Nebby wins a NC ever again, what Osborne was able to do is back in the day is not even allowed anymore- PED's and 14,000 "walk-ons" besides that Nebraska doesn't produce many prospects for D1 in state.

ADVERTISEMENT