ADVERTISEMENT

Sourdough Bread

GOHOX69

HR Legend
Sep 26, 2009
Can any of you or your spouses make a delicious boule? Took me 4 flops to get it dialed in.

Made this beauty today.

vFTbtf9.jpg

I do mine at 80% hydration. I watched a video this weekend where they pushed it up over 105%. Looks really hard, but the result is pretty amazing.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
It's the only bread I eat, but we do not bake it. Aldi has two nice options, a regular shaped sourdough and a sourdough loaf (my preference).

You should try. A little learning curve, but it is rewarding and I haven’t bought a store loaf in a long time because nothing I can readily purchase compares.

I enjoy science, so making sourdough, pizza crust, etc. is really enjoyable. Once you get something edible you can leap off and tinker with hydration, protein content, additives, baking vessels... there are endless possibilities. I have Moleskines full of my failures.

Reactions: Nipigu and GOHOX69
Since the SIP it's been sourdough everything,bread,bagels,muffins.
You name it she's made it.
I'm a bit tired of sourdough

Reactions: GOHOX69
You should try. A little learning curve, but it is rewarding and I haven’t bought a store loaf in a long time because nothing I can readily purchase compares.

I enjoy science, so making sourdough, pizza crust, etc. is really enjoyable. Once you get something edible you can leap off and tinker with hydration, protein content, additives, baking vessels... there are endless possibilities. I have Moleskines full of my failures.

He likes bakery from Aldi... I don’t think good bread is something he values.

I tried and can’t make bread - any bread - to save my life. I spent a couple months trying various starters and nothing turned out well. I even bought some starter from a bakery. I’m better off buying my bread. :(

Mrs. LC is a very good baker but hasn't been able too get the sourdough despite several attempts. What we've been eating the past few weeks is her artisan deli rye.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT