ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina man shoots neighbor while target practicing in back yard.

JupiterHawk

HR Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Jupiter, FL
I am shocked that Pepsi didn't report this.

According to the victim’s children, per The Associated Press, on Saturday, Aug. 27, Lucas and his friends were shooting at a satellite dish not too far from their home around 6:30 p.m. Kesha, who was standing less than 50 feet from the fallen satellite dish, asked the 30-year-old to stop firing his gun. However, the news outlet reports that Lucas continued shooting, and when the 42-year-old woman returned to the window, she was shot dead. Her children, who were present, were unharmed.

Denise Tate, Kesha’s sister, claims Lucas wouldn’t have shot her sister if he knew her sister’s character. “If that man got to know my sister, he would’ve never killed her,” Denise said. “She would’ve [given] him a place to stay, [food] to eat, clothes, all of that. Anything he needed, even for his family, she would’ve helped.”

People reported that Lucas, initially charged with involuntary manslaughter, now faces charges of murder, use of a firearm under the influence, and discharging a firearm into a dwelling. Authorities have debunked his claim that the bullet ricocheted off the satellite dish. In his bond hearing, Lucas denied shooting Kesha intentionally and claimed it was an “accident.”

Investigators later determined that Lucas' narrative wasn't supported by the physical evidence: Prosecutors stated the bullet extracted from Tate's chest during a postmortem examination was in "pristine condition,” indicating it hadn't first hit another object, according to CBS Columbia affiliate WLTX.

nicholas-lucas.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: h-hawk
I am shocked that Pepsi didn't report this.

According to the victim’s children, per The Associated Press, on Saturday, Aug. 27, Lucas and his friends were shooting at a satellite dish not too far from their home around 6:30 p.m. Kesha, who was standing less than 50 feet from the fallen satellite dish, asked the 30-year-old to stop firing his gun. However, the news outlet reports that Lucas continued shooting, and when the 42-year-old woman returned to the window, she was shot dead. Her children, who were present, were unharmed.

Denise Tate, Kesha’s sister, claims Lucas wouldn’t have shot her sister if he knew her sister’s character. “If that man got to know my sister, he would’ve never killed her,” Denise said. “She would’ve [given] him a place to stay, [food] to eat, clothes, all of that. Anything he needed, even for his family, she would’ve helped.”

People reported that Lucas, initially charged with involuntary manslaughter, now faces charges of murder, use of a firearm under the influence, and discharging a firearm into a dwelling. Authorities have debunked his claim that the bullet ricocheted off the satellite dish. In his bond hearing, Lucas denied shooting Kesha intentionally and claimed it was an “accident.”

Investigators later determined that Lucas' narrative wasn't supported by the physical evidence: Prosecutors stated the bullet extracted from Tate's chest during a postmortem examination was in "pristine condition,” indicating it hadn't first hit another object, according to CBS Columbia affiliate WLTX.

nicholas-lucas.jpg
holy f*ck. they were under the influence and shooting a target 50 feet from another person????

What an effing dumba$$ and I tend to lean towards he shot her intentionally. Let's see if they can dig up some racist posts from him in social media and maybe charge him with a hate crime as well.

ADVERTISEMENT