ADVERTISEMENT

South Park nails it

I guess that depends. Did those tens of millions of people take a job that paid well knowing that it didn’t offer crap for health insurance. If any of them did, I think it’s BS that they were given some coverage thanks to the ACA.
They would have chose to take the risk of not having insurance so they could make more money and then someone came in and bailed them out.

Why do you believe that insurance must be tied to one's place of employment.

Do you just hate small businesses?

I work for a small business, have for a while now. We don't have insurance because it costs too much for the company. I would say that's pretty common for small businesses.

Find a full time job that offers insurance. Plenty of them exist.
The University of Iowa always has open jobs. You won’t make any money to survive but you’ll have health insurance.
Or do we just want to feel sorry for people with crappy and/or no insurance?
What? I mean if by feel sorry, you mean make it accessible and affordable to all working Americans then yes??

I work for a small business, have for a while now. We don't have insurance because it costs too much for the company. I would say that's pretty common for small businesses.
Bingo.

Many small business owners can’t afford insurance for their employees. This guy thinks everyone should work for the government or a large MNC.

i've never understood people's constant refusal to even consider a system an alternative to the "private health insurance provided through employer" model

for a country that so vocally supports small businesses...we have this weird, steadfast devotion to maintaining a huge disadvantage those small businesses have in the labor market

Exactly. You chose to work for a small company knowing it didn’t have health insurance and you want someone else to bail you out when you need it.

I chose to work for a company that has good insurance and I don’t get paid much. Yet I’m attacked by posters on here when I’m against better health coverage because that’s one of the only bonuses of my job.

Why dont we just have free health care for all and pay everyone the same salary regardless of what you do. That seems to be the only fair thing to do if we are always wanting better healthcare for everyone.

Apparently millions of people are.
How so? Are you talking about people going to Mexico for elective (mostly cosmetic) surgeries? Good luck with that.
Again, I'm not defending our system, by and large it's bad. But nowhere near as bad as dozens of other civilized countries as the person I was responding to posted.

Exactly. You chose to work for a small company knowing it didn’t have health insurance and you want someone else to bail you out when you need it.

I chose to work for a company that has good insurance and I don’t get paid much. Yet I’m attacked by posters on here when I’m against better health coverage because that’s one of the only bonuses of my job.

Why dont we just have free health care for all and pay everyone the same salary regardless of what you do. That seems to be the only fair thing to do if we are always wanting better healthcare for everyone.
you weren't "attacked"...you were "disagreed with" (so dramatic...)

some of us want a system in which the ability to access and afford health care doesn't influence for who/where we work

Reactions: Tom Paris
Bingo.

Many small business owners can’t afford insurance for their employees. This guy thinks everyone should work for the government or a large MNC.
This guy thinks the government should pay his insurance because he wants to work for a small company.
Fvck, I want to stay home all day and not work. Maybe the government should pay me to do that as well.

Why should we not make our system better to help small businesses be able to afford insurance as well? Why do you not believe in supporting American entrepreneurs?

Why should you have to work for a large corporation or government entity to go to the doctor?

Do you believe in big government to the point that everyone else who doesn’t work for one of these places deserves to have their disease go untreated?

some of us want a system in which the ability to access and afford health care doesn't influence for who/where we work
I wasn’t attacked in this post no. But I have been in plenty of others.

That would be great, I’d love that as well but has it ever been that way? We keep wanting to make programs and have support for people that choose the job they enjoy more but don’t do anything for the people working a job they dislike because they need the insurance.

All I’m saying is if we have better insurance for everyone, we better be making sure to have better pay for everyone as well.

That would be great, I’d love that as well but has it ever been that way? We keep wanting to make programs and have support for people that choose the job they enjoy more but don’t do anything for the people working a job they dislike because they need the insurance.

All I’m saying is if we have better insurance for everyone, we better be making sure to have better pay for everyone as well.
you understand that decoupling health insurance from employment would absolutely be "doing something for the people working a job they dislike because they need the insurance", right?

you wouldn't have to work that job any more if the only thing keeping you there is insurance.

that's the whole f-ing point (i hope you don't feel attacked here)

Reactions: BelemNole
How so? Are you talking about people going to Mexico for elective (mostly cosmetic) surgeries? Good luck with that.
Again, I'm not defending our system, by and large it's bad. But nowhere near as bad as dozens of other civilized countries as the person I was responding to posted.
Read what I posted above.

Dude I seriously can’t understand your logic here.

You blame others for the fact that they work for small companies who can’t afford healthcare for employees instead of blaming the system for being so expensive.

Then you act like they’re entitled for complaining that we spend far more than any other country on earth. Then you create this false equivalency between healthcare and wages, and then you say you’re actually entitled to a higher wage yourself.

Taking care of ALL of our citizens equally...what a novel idea. Republicans HATE that thought.

Reactions: BelemNole
you understand that decoupling health insurance from employment would absolutely be "doing something for the people working a job they dislike because they need the insurance", right?

you wouldn't have to work that job any more if the only thing keeping you there is insurance.

that's the whole f-ing point (i hope you don't feel attacked here)
That would be great. As I mentioned before. If you’re having the government paying your insurance. Your going to have to make sure companies with good insurance are paying a better salary as well.

the last thing our government policies should do is put large corporations and small businesses on a more even playing field!
Lol I thought competition was the core tenant of capitalism but I guess I was wrong.

Having to work a job you hate for the government or a large company to be able to go to the doctor is the core tenant of capitalism.

I learn so much here

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Dude I seriously can’t understand your logic here.

You blame others for the fact that they work for small companies who can’t afford healthcare for employees instead of blaming the system for being so expensive.

Then you act like they’re entitled for complaining that we spend far more than any other country on earth. Then you create this false equivalency between healthcare and wages, and then you say you’re actually entitled to a higher wage yourself.
No im saying small businesses should stop complaining they don’t have healthcare when they could find a job with healthcare.
Yeah it sucks that healthcare isn’t affordable but nothing in the country right now is affordable.
I’ll bitch that I’m not paid enough the same and you’ll bitch you don’t have healthcare. Because it’s basically one or the other in today’s world.
Yeah id love to change both of them. But right now the push is more towards affordable health care. Nothing for shit paying jobs.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
No im saying small businesses should stop complaining they don’t have healthcare when they could find a job with healthcare.
Yeah it sucks that healthcare isn’t affordable but nothing in the country right now is affordable.
I’ll bitch that I’m not paid enough the same and you’ll bitch you don’t have healthcare. Because it’s basically one or the other in today’s world.
Yeah id love to change both of them. But right now the push is more towards affordable health care. Nothing for shit paying jobs.
So everyone should work for the government or a large corporation to be able to go to the doctor?

If you want to be or work for an entrepreneur the trade off should be a lower life expectancy?

That’s really your take here?

The ultimate I’m just here to complain comment. Shows you don’t actually take into account anything anyone else mentions.
So it’s wrong to be discontent with the fact ours is the only country that can’t figure this out.

You’re saying that I’M the one with my head up my ass here?

So it’s wrong to be discontent with the fact ours is the only country that can’t figure this out.

You’re saying that I’M the one with my head up my ass here?
I’m saying you’re not here to actually listen to anyone. You’re just here to bitch and anyone who doesn’t agree that the government should give you free healthcare is wrong.
Life here is all about making your own choices. You chose to work for a small company and I’m guessing before you needed healthcare you thought it was the greatest thing ever. Now you need healthcare and it’s someone else’s fault. Yeah it’s bullcrap that’s what life is but I’m pretty sure it’s been that way for a long time here in the states. Doesn’t matter who has been in charge of this country.

• Wow
I’m saying you’re not here to actually listen to anyone. You’re just here to bitch and anyone who doesn’t agree that the government should give you free healthcare is wrong.
Life here is all about making your own choices. You chose to work for a small company and I’m guessing before you needed healthcare you thought it was the greatest thing ever. Now you need healthcare and it’s someone else’s fault. Yeah it’s bullcrap that’s what life is but I’m pretty sure it’s been that way for a long time here in the states. Doesn’t matter who has been in charge of this country.
your dedicated refusal to understand that a system that forces that choice to be made is 1) bad, and 2) not even necessary is impressive

There’s no such thing as “free”. You’re young now, but you’ll realize one day that “free” means taxpayer money.

I said they should fix the system to cut down on unnecessary spending, profiteering and general waste so that it’s more efficient and affordable.

A CEO shouldn’t make $30 mil a year from a system that collects premium from someone for decades and then denies them coverage when they get cancer.

You understand that tying insurance coverage to your employer and making it so only large corporations can afford it is antithetical to “making your own choices” right?

I am astounded by the Republican’s desire to crush the entrepreneurial American spirit here.

your dedicated refusal to understand that a system that forces that choice to be made is 1) bad, and 2) not even necessary is impressive
I don’t think you understand by now that I’ve mentioned multiple times that I’m not against free health care as long as we are going to compensate people that were working at jobs solely for the insurance they offered.
I get that it’s either work at a good/enjoyable company and have shit/no healthcare or work at a shit job with good healthcare.
You aren’t focused on improving both types of companies, you just want to focus on your small company and then make people leave behind everything they’ve earned at the crap better healthcare company because they can now get the same insurance at the small company. You forget that tenure at a company means something as well and not everyone wants to start a new job when they are older in age.
So like I’ve mentioned. Lets not just focus on better healthcare for small companies but let’s focus on better pay for large companies as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT