ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Baptist President: Christian Nationalists Will “Wind Up Persecuting Christians Of Different Flavors”

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Of course, they would. Its what organized christian religions do...

The Christian Post reports:

Southern Baptist Convention President Bart Barber has condemned the idea that the church should be running government and warned advocates of Christian nationalism that pursuing such an agenda will result in the persecution of Christians.
“It stands contrary to 400 years of Baptist history and everything I believe about religious liberty. I’m opposed to the idea of Christian dominion, churchly dominion over the operations of government,” Barber insisted in a wide-ranging interview with Anderson Cooper on CBS’ “60 Minutes” on Sunday.
“I object to it because Jesus said His kingdom is not of this world. I object to it because every time it’s been adopted it wound up persecuting people like me. It doesn’t stop at persecuting people who are not Christians,” he said. “It eventually winds up persecuting people who are Christians for whom the flavor of their Christianity is different from that of the government.”

Reactions: lucas80 and Torg
ADVERTISEMENT