ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle Finals

He did not call CS for stalling in the first. He raised the wrong hand and our corner missed it. And the other corner was waiting to argue when they knew their guy was going to get called again.

bummer. weber would have been another nice test for him. hope he’s not hurt.

Swafford down 10-0 end of one.
Swafford falls to Finesilver 14-0

Last edited:
On a separate topic, I hate the trend that so many wrestlers forfeit matches during these tourneys. In my opinion, this hurts the integrity of the sport.
Will this start to become a trend at NCAAs?

This is the same maryland dude who took 11th at bigs last year huh? Knocked of last years 8 and 5th seeds from ncaas and looking good

The lack of a stalling call was outrageous, but c'mon Cullan, take that dude down!
I guess there is still improvement to be made in year 2 for him, even though when he got to Iowa he was about the furthest thing from “raw” as any freshman I can remember. Makes me really appreciate what Ayala is doing- he seemed so good already and looks to be getting better quickly.

I saw 7-0 said it’s over. Looked back over 10-8 then 10-10 sv. Wow impressive. Broke him
Do you see now how sometimes you think you know something is going to happen, and then the unforeseen occurs and as a result, a previously unthinkable scenario takes place?

This is a great learning moment for you.

Something happen the Beard? Following some tweets but no explanation
Beard transferred from Northwestern about five years ago! Only one AA since! We need an All NU transfer team with Micic, Tsirstsis, Cassioppa and Johnny Sebastian! All AAs except Johnny! Cass never enrolled at NU.

Beard transferred from Northwestern about five years ago! Only one AA since! We need an All NU transfer team with Micic, Tsirstsis, Cassioppa and Johnny Sebastian! All AAs except Johnny! Cass never enrolled at NU.
Beard is I. His 4th year and is a freshman. Dean is in his 6th year and is a junior. And they say Iowa is old. Wait until next year when Iowa has a very young team.

What are you talking about? Beard didn’t transfer from Northwestern. He never attended, let alone sign.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
What are you talking about? Beard didn’t transfer from Northwestern. He never attended, let alone sign.
Maybe he is talking about kids the commited to northwestern. Some went there then left others decommited

Swafford is scrappy but a very small 174. Has a lot of trouble vs the bigger guys.

ADVERTISEMENT