ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle semi-finals and consolations

Pretty much every freshman we've had has taken some lumps on the big stage early on in their career, including Kem and Alex, even Spencer looked human for a little while.

Our guys showed exactly what I was looking for, they're right in there, but clearly need another year of development, strength seeming to be a big issue for many of them.

To me, if you redshirt Drake this year, he's got legitimate 4 timer potential. Is his preference to maximize his potential, or is he ready to wrestle right now, even if it means he may place lower? Make no mistake, the coaches wouldn't pull his redshirt if he didn't want it pulled. My gut tells me he wants and is ready for the action, he certainly looks hungry.
You can’t redshirt drake and be a four timer with Spencer back next year!!! What don’t you understand. If he keeps his redshirt. Spencer will be back next year and he would be on the bench wasting a year

Reactions: nearfall2
The problem isn't what you say, it's how you say it.

"Hey hick iowa guy doing the play by play, don't you know that's NICK GWIZDOWSKI shouting into your TV? If he's shouting he obviously knows what he's talking about over you"

Which then changes to "oh wait I didn't even watch, it may have been a different guy, I just wanted to let you know I was smarter than you"
Got it. If I had said it differently, then people here would have given a damn about Cornell? I'm confused by your change in position. Which is it? And I meant no disrespect to the PBP guy who seems to be doing a great job (I've been watching the matches, myself), and it seems like he didn't take it that way.

And looking at the replay, it was Gwiz and Grey in Fernandes' corner.

We are especially bad in scrambles. Given that Eierman and Kem who is out are the only two guys on the team proficient at it it's not surprising. We never see it from practice partners and we don't seem to sign guys proficient at it very often.

Edit: Drake doesn't look too bad.

You can’t redshirt drake and be a four timer with Spencer back next year!!! What don’t you understand. If he keeps his redshirt. Spencer will be back next year and he would be on the bench wasting a year
There's more to it than that! What don't you understand!!!!

For the record I agree that he shouldn't redshirt!!!!!!!

There's more to it than that! What don't you understand!!!!

For the record I agree that he shouldn't redshirt!!!!!!!
What’s more too it. If he stays in redshirt. He will lose next yrs season due to Spencer being back!! Please tell me where there is more? I don’t get what you are saying unless he can’t beat Ybarra!

Progress! May I ask why? I certainly don't hate Iowa (or Penn State, or Lehigh, or Princeton); in fact, I have great respect for each of those programs, regardless of their relationship with Cornell.
Because Koll was a wank and a number of their wrestlers have not had an especially likeable demeanor. Don't worry, I dislike other teams more.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
We are especially bad in scrambles. Given that Eierman and Kem who is out are the only two guys on the team proficient at it it's not surprising. We never see it from practice partners and we don't seem to sign guys proficient at it very often.

Edit: Drake doesn't look too bad.
we have other guys who are proficient at scrambling for stalemates, but not to score. that's a big difference.

Got it. If I had said it differently, then people here would have given a damn about Cornell? I'm confused by your change in position. Which is it? And I meant no disrespect to the PBP guy who seems to be doing a great job (I've been watching the matches, myself), and it seems like he didn't take it that way.

And looking at the replay, it was Gwiz and Grey in Fernandes' corner.
No, nobody here would care about Cornell still, but if your posts weren't always at least borderline dickish then you wouldn't always receive an equally dickish response.

Maybe Spencer does a redshirt and a medical hardship, maybe Drake bumps up to 133 and Cullen to 141 and Henson to 149 and on and on and on. There's a thousand different options and things that could happen.

I think the best option is probably for him to get his redshirt pulled and go this year and for Spencer to go next year while Drake redshirts, but I'm not Drake Ayala so I don't know what's best for him.

Maybe Spencer does a redshirt and a medical hardship, maybe Drake bumps up to 133 and Cullen to 141 and Henson to 149 and on and on and on. There's a thousand different options and things that could happen.

I think the best option is probably for him to get his redshirt pulled and go this year and for Spencer to go next year while Drake redshirts, but I'm not Drake Ayala so I don't know what's best for him.
Drake is way to small for 33 right now. Maybe 2 years from now but he is very small compared to other 25lbers see his match with McKee. Spencer will finish his career next season. And for the matter Cullen isn’t a big 33 nor is Henson a big 41. The only option is to pull ayalas redshirt or you will have Ayala and Cullen battling for the 33 spot next season

Drake is way to small for 33 right now. Maybe 2 years from now but he is very small compared to other 25lbers see his match with McKee. Spencer will finish his career next season. And for the matter Cullen isn’t a big 33 nor is Henson a big 41. The only option is to pull ayalas redshirt or you will have Ayala and Cullen battling for the 33 spot next season
Lol I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the only one with facts around here. Your info and opinion is worth about as much as mine: jack squat. Not sure why you feel the need to argue with me.

Lol I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the only one with facts around here. Your info and opinion is worth about as much as mine: jack squat. Not sure why you feel the need to argue with me.
Ok I’m good with that. Now tell me. Say the keep the redshirt you ok with Ayala losing a season? Asking

Ok I’m good with that. Now tell me. Say the keep the redshirt you ok with Ayala losing a season? Asking
If Drake wins 3 titles and Jesuroga comes in and competes for a title right away, then yes I would be okay with Drake losing a year.

But I'm not saying him losing a year is the best option. I've said multiple times I think his shirt will get pulled this year (which I agree with).

such a lazy take. what’s the point of posting on a fan forum if you don’t want to discuss the results on the mat, where the team stands, and what the future might look like? it’s the whole point.
You and Iron Doc have Moe and Curly covered…. Just need a Larry. I’ve got candidates….

I’m all for “discussing” it. It’s the takes where people pass off their opinions as if facts that’s just ridiculous. But carry on.. I’ll continue with my lazy takes.

You and Iron Doc have Moe and Curly covered…. Just need a Larry. I’ve got candidates….

I’m all for “discussing” it. It’s the takes where people pass off their opinions as if facts that’s just ridiculous. But carry on.. I’ll continue with my lazy takes.
every post on this forum is an opinion and everyone reading should understand that. do you think we need to begin every post with “now this is only my opinion, but…” or can we trust people to have functional brains?

every post on this forum is an opinion and everyone reading should understand that. do you think we need to begin every post with “now this is only my opinion, but…” or can we trust people to have functional brains?
Such a lazy take…. You obviously can do whatever you like.

Man someone has a Texas sized stick up their arse over this topic.
I just think it is incredibly foolish for fans to be making declarations of what is best for the young man. They don't need any pressure placed on them from fans. Opinions without knowledge tends to not be good. We certainly don't need a T-Shirts repeat. I felt sorry for him. He needed a little more time.

bottom line, he's not nearly as good as people on this board assumed. you can call me negative or whatever, but that's just the truth of the situation. not especially dominant in the handfight, can't finish, and fades late in matches. reminds me way too much of nick moore. much closer to the 20th best guy in the country than the 5th.
Nick Moore? That’s not good. He used to drive me insane…so talented yet just couldn’t get there. In this day his “don’t take a shot until the end of the 3rd” technique could result in a stall stoppage.

JS is the board know it all. Spends all his time arguing with someone on every thread. He's an LSU football fan which tells you a lot. He's probably a huge Yankees or Red Sox fan. Likes whichever NFL team won 4 or 5 years ago when he was 18. Grew up a PSU fan but now likes Iowa wrestling the last 2 years. Most boys his age have different things on their mind then trying to show wrestling fans how smart you are. He needs a gf or bf in a bad way.

And you liking a guys post who seems to think a redshirt and winning four titles is a thing when it can’t happen!!! SMH pot calling kettle black.

JS is the board know it all. Spends all his time arguing with someone on every thread. He's an LSU football fan which tells you a lot. He's probably a huge Yankees or Red Sox fan. Likes whichever NFL team won 4 or 5 years ago when he was 18. Grew up a PSU fan but now likes Iowa wrestling the last 2 years. Most boys his age have different things on their mind then trying to show wrestling fans how smart you are. He needs a gf or bf in a bad way.
living rent free in your mind apparently.

btw, cubs and bears. lsu fan because my favorite player when i was 6 went there.

couldn’t have got it more wrong lol. i’m negative because all my teams suck and losing is the norm for my fan experience. it’s familiar and i recognize it when i see it. go bury your head in the sand if you’re not mature enough to handle anything negative. this isn’t a safe space snowflake. participation trophy mindset.

living rent free in your mind apparently.

btw, cubs and bears. lsu fan because my favorite player when i was 6 went there.

couldn’t have got it more wrong lol. i’m negative because all my teams suck and losing is the norm for my fan experience. it’s familiar and i recognize it when i see it. go bury your head in the sand if you’re not mature enough to handle anything negative. this isn’t a safe space snowflake. participation trophy mindset.
We're all disappointed in certain results, but doubtful more than the wrestlers themselves. How about we support these guys instead of trashing them?

bottom line, he's not nearly as good as people on this board assumed. you can call me negative or whatever, but that's just the truth of the situation. not especially dominant in the handfight, can't finish, and fades late in matches. reminds me way too much of nick moore. much closer to the 20th best guy in the country than the 5th.
Trust me, at times I'm about as negative as can be, but I like what I see in PK. He's doing what he needs to do for the most part, though is clearly having trouble finishing things. I don't think anyone's more upset than he is and I'm sure he's going to keep working to right the ship until he's where he needs to be. I feel very comfortable with his stock going into next year. :)

Reactions: sstark46 and js8793
ADVERTISEMENT