ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle semi-finals and consolations

We're all disappointed in certain results, but doubtful more than the wrestlers themselves. How about we support these guys instead of trashing them?
i don’t think it’s trashing anyone to point out weaknesses in their first major folkstyle competition. is it trashing henson when we all point out he needs a lot of work on bottom? that ayala and schriever got outmuscled?

none of these guys are starters. this weekend was about development. PK missed out on that last year and now he’s catching up. i think we can acknowledge that he’s not ready without sinking into despair. this was a great experience for him.

i don’t think it’s trashing anyone to point out weaknesses in their first major folkstyle competition. is it trashing henson when we all point out he needs a lot of work on bottom? that ayala and schriever got outmuscled?

none of these guys are starters. this weekend was about development. PK missed out on that last year and now he’s catching up. i think we can acknowledge that he’s not ready without sinking into despair. this was a great experience for him.
I agree, it may not have been you but it did seem to be getting "despairish" Cheers

Trust me, at times I'm about as negative as can be, but I like what I see in PK. He's doing what he needs to do for the most part, though is clearly having trouble finishing things. I don't think anyone's more upset than he is and I'm sure he's going to keep working to right the ship until he's where he needs to be. I feel very comfortable with his stock going into next year. :)
Agree. PK will win a national title before it's all said and done, maybe multiple titles.
Making the jump from HS to college, as we all know, is huge. For every Spencer or Lincoln there are three times as many McDs. Let's not forget McD didn't finish top 8 in his first Midlands and didn't even win smaller tournaments, taking a few 2nds a 3rd and a 5th. At Who's #1 PK dominated his main HS competitor, now he needs to make the leap to this new level and when he dons the black and gold next year, he'll be ready to roll.
And yes, before some gotcha guy comes on here, I know McD ran as a 33 in RS, but that doesn't change anything. He was an all timer, and I think PK will be as well.

And you liking a guys post who seems to think a redshirt and winning four titles is a thing when it can’t happen!!! SMH pot calling kettle black.
Holy shit you're dense. Typically I like your enthusiasm but you're way off base here.

Drake redshirting and winning four titles is absolutely a thing, if Spencer happened to take two redshirts, or if somebody bumped up, or Spencer getting hurt again, or a million other options. All are a longshot (none more than drake winning four titles), but they could happen.

And, once again, for the fellas in the back, I THINK IT WOULD BE BEST FOR DRAKE TO PULL HIS REDSHIRT AND WRESTLE THIS YEAR, AND REDSHIRT NEXT YEAR!!!!! However, I'M NOT DRAKE OR HIS FAMILY SO I CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR HIM, AND WAS JUST SPECULATING OTHER SCENARIOS THAT COULD RESULT IN HIM KEEPING HIS REDSHIRT!!!

There, since I put it in capitals with a bunch of exclamation points do you understand?

Holy shit you're dense. Typically I like your enthusiasm but you're way off base here.

Drake redshirting and winning four titles is absolutely a thing, if Spencer happened to take two redshirts, or if somebody bumped up, or Spencer getting hurt again, or a million other options. All are a longshot (none more than drake winning four titles), but they could happen.

And, once again, for the fellas in the back, I THINK IT WOULD BE BEST FOR DRAKE TO PULL HIS REDSHIRT AND WRESTLE THIS YEAR, AND REDSHIRT NEXT YEAR!!!!! However, I'M NOT DRAKE OR HIS FAMILY SO I CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR HIM, AND WAS JUST SPECULATING OTHER SCENARIOS THAT COULD RESULT IN HIM KEEPING HIS REDSHIRT!!!

There, since I put it in capitals with a bunch of exclamation points do you understand?
Spencer can't take 2 redshirts. sorry no capitals.......

Spencer can't take 2 redshirts. sorry no capitals.......
Technically correct. Although often called a medical red shirt it is really a medical hardship waiver. So he could take a medical hardship waiver followed by his red shirt if he can get a clock extension or sixth year waiver. Not guaranteed he would get the extension but they seem to be giving them more liberally lately.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
That is for the medical redshirt, right.

Not a regular redshirt.

So explain how he can keep a regular redshirt if he has already wrestled this season.

I’m with you. He could use a “regular redshirt” next year then would find himself out of eligibility. It would be like wrestling 4 years (in normal times) then saying I’m coming back for a 5th…to redshirt.

The year after next would be year 7 in college. Like Kemerer, he would need to be granted another year by the NCAA for not being able to compete next season due to injury. In normal times that’s a 6th year but the Covid year gives 1 additional for 7.

Reactions: el dub
Agree. PK will win a national title before it's all said and done, maybe multiple titles.
Making the jump from HS to college, as we all know, is huge. For every Spencer or Lincoln there are three times as many McDs. Let's not forget McD didn't finish top 8 in his first Midlands and didn't even win smaller tournaments, taking a few 2nds a 3rd and a 5th. At Who's #1 PK dominated his main HS competitor, now he needs to make the leap to this new level and when he dons the black and gold next year, he'll be ready to roll.
And yes, before some gotcha guy comes on here, I know McD ran as a 33 in RS, but that doesn't change anything. He was an all timer, and I think PK will be as well.
Kennedy kept it close with Marinelli mainly because of familiarity and I'm afraid that unfairly raised everyone's expectations for him.

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT