ADVERTISEMENT

SpaceX launch of US Astronauts from US soil

Discovery Channel has it if you dont want to watch news channels. Very cool!!

Reactions: GOHOX69
SCRUBBED!
Yep. No way in hell it was going today, still raining and thundering here. If they could wait 15 more mins they couldve probably had a shot, but this launch doesn't have a window like the other launches, it had to be at 433pm. Next up, Sat 322pm.

Reactions: GOHOX69
You gotta have some granite stones to get in that little capsule and get hurtled into space. Especially when Elon Musk is involved in the enterprise.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
First time since 2011, around 3:30 Central. You can see it on NASA TV, SpaceX, and I imagine most news stations.
I was totally looking forward to the launch. I enjoyed the pre-launch coverage (I began watching about two hours before launch). Fascinating to see the new technology and the astronauts only using 3 touch-screen monitors (for the most part) … I've been a huge fan of space travel/NASA my entire life … Excited we now won't have to rely on Russia to get humans to space … Hopefully … Saturday is a "go."

I was watching the NASA channel. No commentary just the communications between the capsule and mission control.
I came across pre-launch coverage via Facebook. Was good stuff … I didn't pay attention to the logo on the screen (as far as who owned or was managing that broadcast) …

Lolwut? Launches get scrubbed all the time, manned or unmanned, it happens probably 30-40%.

Manned launches get scrubbed far more often that unmanned, because of the cost (money and human) is so much greater with manned flights that they have zero tolerance for risk.

Manned launches get scrubbed far more often that unmanned, because of the cost (money and human) is so much greater with manned flights that they have zero tolerance for risk.
This same launch would've been scrubbed if it was unmanned. Jeezus.

I was watching the NASA channel. No commentary just the communications between the capsule and mission control.
Was listening to coverage and then hoped to watch the last 20 minutes prior to launch. Weather guy said that if they could give them 10 more minutes they could probably launch, but it was an 'instantaneous launch window'. What does that mean exactly?

Was listening to coverage and then hoped to watch the last 20 minutes prior to launch. Weather guy said that if they could give them 10 more minutes they could probably launch, but it was an 'instantaneous launch window'. What does that mean exactly?
Most launches have windows of time that give mission control discretion on when to launch due weather, fueling issues, etc. A small number of launches have to go at a specific time due to the sensitivity of the mission (spy satellites or linking to space station). The time has to be linked to specific orbits of where they are trying to go.

Reactions: EagleHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT