ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of embarrassment…. Former player from a Iowa goes off on the staff

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Some encouraging news and some flat out CORRECT information/Suggestions… and you may hate this dude or like him he’s 💯 correct on this hot mess in Iowa City - and Kirk I don’t give 2 SH!TS on last years squad who won 10 games this is about now and the future of a very PROUD AND BEST FANBASE IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY… short segment but I just think this dude is spot on and just telling it like it is…..

I hope and pray 🙏 this ship can be turned right and I don’t care who does it but as an Iowa fan and a very proud HAWKEYE FAN… a former player Tweeted it best

Where’s the former player that “went off”? Eubanks’ tweet suggested that Kirk step down “or be willing to evolve in small ways”, that’s not “going off”.

Bro- maybe my New Jersey slang caught you off guard … so in the honor of YOU please tell me what I should have written and I will change it for you … being dead serious

Signed with love and respect and I owe my life to you

JerseyCityHawkeye

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Where’s the former player that “went off”? Eubanks’ tweet suggested that Kirk step down “or be willing to evolve in small ways”, that’s not “going off”.

Bro- maybe my New Jersey slang caught you off guard … so in the honor of YOU please tell me what I should have written and I will change it for you … being dead serious

JerseyCityHawkeye
You’re welcome to post what you want and you should let this stand. I was just looking for the player going off on his former coach and didn’t see it.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
The “or make small shifts” undercuts the idea that Eubanks is out demanding that KF step down.
Either way it’s a dumb tweet.

Minor changes= Perennial powerhouse?

There’s exactly one perennial powerhouse north of the Mason Dixon line. tOSU and Iowa have very different ceilings no matter who the coaches are.

There’s exactly one perennial powerhouse north of the Mason Dixon line. tOSU and Iowa have very different ceilings no matter who the coaches are.
That was certainly over-embellished, but I see where he was going with it. A lot of us say it all the time - with the D and ST play that Parker and Woods have been pumping out, it wouldn’t take the OSU offense for Iowa to play their way into high rankings, consistent West titles and shots at the playoff. Heck an offense that consistently rates 75th out of 131 puts Iowa consistently at 9-10 wins and if they got into the 50s, look out.

I agree that "perennial powerhouse" is a poor choice of words, but if Iowa's offense was even somewhere in the "below-average" range, they'd be far and away the best Big 10 West program right now and in a really great position to string some 10+ win seasons together and build real momentum towards a higher-tier of college football than they currently reside in.

Instead, the offense is historically terrible and I'm researching FCS coaches that could be a good fit. That being said, it doesn't really feel like they were all that far away from another reality where Iowa is riding out the Ferentz era as a perennial top 15 team.

Last edited:
Some encouraging news and some flat out CORRECT information/Suggestions… and you may hate this dude or like him he’s 💯 correct on this hot mess in Iowa City - and Kirk I don’t give 2 SH!TS on last years squad who won 10 games this is about now and the future of a very PROUD AND BEST FANBASE IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY… short segment but I just think this dude is spot on and just telling it like it is…..

I hope and pray 🙏 this ship can be turned right and I don’t care who does it but as an Iowa fan and a very proud HAWKEYE FAN… a former player Tweeted it best

The greatest coach Iowa has ever had is Evy, next is Hayden and Kirk is third.

JerseyCityHawkeye
Well, he said exactly what I’ve been saying since last season. Look at a lot of the insane responses I’ve received from the blowhards. You would have thought I’d written Kirk Ferentz is the worst coach in the history of college football who gets his jollies kicking puppies.

You’re welcome to post what you want and you should let this stand. I was just looking for the player going off on his former coach and didn’t see it.
It’s sensationalism,,,it’s what the media does. No former player that respects KF is going to “Go Off” ….Even to speak out a little is tough for us that know Kirk- that is part of the problem. I was told by a current staff member that in losing Reese , Kirk also lost the guy he really trusted and could bounce things off. The other guy he lost was Chris Doyle. Say what you want about Doyle but he brought a toughness to the program and also an Ear for KF to bounce things off.

It’s sensationalism,,,it’s what the media does. No former player that respects KF is going to “Go Off” ….Even to speak out a little is tough for us that know Kirk- that is part of the problem. I was told by a current staff member that in losing Reese , Kirk also lost the guy he really trusted and could bounce things off. The other guy he lost was Chris Doyle. Say what you want about Doyle but he brought a toughness to the program and also an Ear for KF to bounce things off.
I can verify this as 200% true! It’s common knowledge in inner circles that the two you mentioned- Morgan and Doyle- were the two most trust worthy people KF had and actually where he took stability from. Before those guys, years ago it was Norm Parker.

I can verify this as 200% true! It’s common knowledge in inner circles that the two you mentioned- Morgan and Doyle- were the two most trust worthy people KF had and actually where he took stability from. Before those guys, years ago it was Norm Parker.

Morgan has been gone for what, 10 plus years? Doyle going on 3 now. If KF can’t trust anyone on current staff to bounce things off of and trust then he needs to change the staff or retire.

Reactions: CarterHall
Morgan has been gone for what, 10 plus years? Doyle going on 3 now. If KF can’t trust anyone on current staff to bounce things off of and trust then he needs to change the staff or retire.
That is why if we resort to the firing mode, we start at the bottom and work our way up. We don’t want a repeat of the late 50’s and the ego problem.

Reactions: hexumhawk
eubanks and this guy are missing the point: kf did a small change to reach the goal. he got rid of doyle, became a politician. ruined iowa football for the sake of wokeness. the goal is to rip apart football and the institution of it. they are trying to rip apart UT in austin too,. the fans and people in charge at tx resist. kirk let it happen at iowa. he is meeting his goal, or rather their goal. it is the woke social justice mob. he should have told them to take a hike in 2020 but he did not. this is the price we fans pay now. I sit back and laugh.

That is why if we resort to the firing mode, we start at the bottom and work our way up. We don’t want a repeat of the late 50’s and the ego problem.
even if they clean house the new regime must be on board with the goal of losing for the sake of having social justice. not really wanting to witness this new regime, same as the old.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Agree with most of it but still have a hard time getting past what a monumental dweeb John Sears is.

ADVERTISEMENT