ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of God punishing the sinners... “Don’t Say Gay” Florida Rep Loses Home In Hurricane

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Florida Politics reports:

Rep. Spencer Roach said Hurricane Ian has left countless residents in his Lee County district homeless — and he is one of them. The North Fort Myers Republican evacuated the district before the Category 4 hurricane made landfall in Cayo Costa.
He rode out the storm in Stuart at his brother’s home. While there, he learned flooding filled his neighborhood for the first time in 100 years.
Roach will move into his district office at Marina Village until permanent living arrangements can be worked out, with all his possessions already in his car including two sets of jeans, a couple T-shirts and a change of shoes. “That’s all I have that is not underwater,” he said.
Read the full article.

Roach first appeared on JMG in March 2022 when he led the move to strip “woke” Disney of its special zoning status over the company’s opposition to Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” law.

When my state was ravaged by a hurricane, desantis said…

DeSantis himself blasted federal aid for victims of Hurricane Sandy, voting against $9.7 billion in federal relief in 2013, shortly after taking office as a freshman congressman. “I sympathize with the victims of Hurricane Sandy and believe that those who purchased flood insurance should have their claims paid,” he said at the time. “At the same time, allowing the program to increase its debt by another $9.7 billion with no plan to offset the spending with cuts elsewhere is not fiscally responsible.”

Sorry Floridians, your governor, a man of honor, wouldn’t go back on those words. No federal funding for y’all.

(Fwiw I am fine with sending money to Floridians. I just would like some of y’all to acknowledge your hero would hang me out to dry in two seconds…. We know that because he tried)

When my state was ravaged by a hurricane, desantis said…

DeSantis himself blasted federal aid for victims of Hurricane Sandy, voting against $9.7 billion in federal relief in 2013, shortly after taking office as a freshman congressman. “I sympathize with the victims of Hurricane Sandy and believe that those who purchased flood insurance should have their claims paid,” he said at the time. “At the same time, allowing the program to increase its debt by another $9.7 billion with no plan to offset the spending with cuts elsewhere is not fiscally responsible.”

Sorry Floridians, your governor, a man of honor, wouldn’t go back on those words. No federal funding for y’all.

(Fwiw I am fine with sending money to Floridians. I just would like some of y’all to acknowledge your hero would hang me out to dry in two seconds…. We know that because he tried)
Actually it doesn't look like he was advocating for not sending relief, but was making a call for fiscal responsibility (which of course would never come, and Im sure he knew that. We're now WAY beyond worrying about how we pay for stuff...).

Did he ultimately vote yes? I'd guess he did.

Actually it doesn't look like he was advocating for not sending relief, but was making a call for fiscal responsibility (which of course would never come, and Im sure he knew that. We're now WAY beyond worrying about how we pay for stuff...).

instead of guess, use google.

Reactions: TC Nole OX

Guess we don't have the money to send to Florida because we are all suddenly worried about fiscal responsibility.

Was he worried about fiscal responsibility when they passed the Trump tax cuts? Was he worried about it when Trump wanted a border wall?

It's hilarious how often the R's suddenly are worried about fiscal responsibility when it comes to spending a small amount of money to help people in need.

I'd give them credit if they were consistent on the issue but they just simply arn't. If it's a tax cut they are all for it. If it's a border wall or a big military spending package they are all for it. If it's spending 1% of what we spent on any one of those things to help people recover from a hurricane. Suddenly they get all fiscally conservative and want spending cuts elsewhere.

How about we cut the military spending in half and raise the taxes back up to pre- George W. Bush rates? There will be plenty of money then. But I'm guessing they oppose that too.

200.gif

Reactions: TheCainer

and are you really arguing that in 2011 we had fiscal restraint and now we dont?

We stopped caring how things got paid for on September 12, 2001.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
It's amazing how intolerant the left is if you don't agree with them.

"hope he dies"
"moron deserved to die"
"glad his house was destroyed"
etc. etc. etc.

You would think it's being said by a bunch of 15 year olds that know no better.

But no, you are all adults.

"hope he dies"
"moron deserved to die"
etc. etc. etc.

Love me some hypocritical tolerant left…

"hope he dies"
"moron deserved to die"
etc. etc. etc.

Wait, say that again while complaining about the possibility of a trans man being in the bathroom the same time you're peeing. I need a good laugh this morning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT