ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of NPR . . .

Watch Dog journalism on the local level tries to keep the
city mayor and aldermen honest. Yet, you need some
seasoned investigative reporters to accomplish this.
These are the folks whose jobs have been cut & eliminated.
In the past 20 years, newspapers like the Quad Cities Times
and the Peoria Journal Star have declined in quality by
cutting staff.

The media was having problems long before Trump
Facism has always had an important place in the GOP. Facists and authoritarians HATE a working and free press........that is why the FF found it necessary to PROTECT them! Alas, over time, American's have apparently become too stupid to understand this.
True to Ben Franklin's warning....the one when asked about the type of government the Constitution gave Americans, a republic or a monarchy, Franklin replied we were given a republic and now the citizens must figure out how to keep it. For many 21st century Americans this appears "a bridge too far,"

Reactions: HawkMD
Facism has always had an important place in the GOP. Facists and authoritarians HATE a working and free press........that is why the FF found it necessary to PROTECT them! Alas, over time, American's have apparently become too stupid to understand this.
True to Ben Franklin's warning....the one when asked about the type of government the Constitution gave Americans, a republic or a monarchy, Franklin replied we were given a republic and now the citizens must figure out how to keep it. For many 21st century Americans this appears "a bridge too far,"
I am not going to have a conversation with you if you think the press has been fair the last 20 years

the days where Cronkite and Brokaw would just report the news and let the citizens decide have long gone. Rarely do you see the press not have an agenda

There was a time when NBC, CBS., ABC provided the
News with their anchors. Men like Chet Hundley,
David Brinkley, Walter Cronkite were trusted to give
Americans the honest facts with no hidden agenda.

Then slowly the cable news channels took over the
task of informing Americans around the clock with
CNN, MSNBC, FOX and others. CNN became a voice
of the Democrat party and FOX became a GOP voice.

Bottom Line: We have lost the objective reporting of
what is going on in America. It has been replaced by
a biased media both on the liberal & conservative side

I am not going to have a conversation with you if you think the press has been fair the last 20 years

the days where Cronkite and Brokaw would just report the news and let the citizens decide have long gone. Rarely do you see the press not have an agenda
The advent of 24/7 "news channels" has poisoned the waters forever....There just isn't more than an hour of news most days....so we sell agendas now....and each tribe has their channel of choice.
I think commercial networks do a pretty good job of presenting news but in their extended formats they offer "opinions" which too many viewers think is news....that is on the viewer not the network.....
RN, you and I see eye to eye on very little...and we never will. But personally, I have very little problem with PBS, NBC, CBS and ABC network "news casts".......Viewers would do better by being a little more select in what they view. Their is a lot of shit out there.

Reactions: HawkMD and torbee

This misplaced view is something authoritarians and fascists cultivate and exploit. The evil media lies, and is against us.

It is not the Press’s job to be fair. It’s funny because so many of the scandals in politics the last 20 years is coming from Republicans.

The Republican’s main defense for this is to call out the press and say they aren’t fair. Why aren’t they going after Hunter, or Hillary. Why are they coming after us? Actual criminals.

The right wing propaganda machine has you so brainwashed, that you actually believe media was better when there were less options and much less reporting out there.

Yes, the internet and 24/7 news channels can be bad if you are uneducated. But if you can wade through the crap (which isn’t that hard) it is amazing and not even close to the days of only a few channels reporting news.

You think the press is unfair because you think Republicans can not possibly do any wrong.

It is not the Press’s job to be fair. It’s funny because so many of the scandals in politics the last 20 years is coming from Republicans.

The Republican’s main defense for this is to call out the press and say they aren’t fair. Why aren’t they going after Hunter, or Hillary. Why are they coming after us? Actual criminals.

The right wing propaganda machine has you so brainwashed, that you actually believe media was better when there were less options and much less reporting out there.

Yes, the internet and 24/7 news channels can be bad if you are uneducated. But if you can wade through the crap (which isn’t that hard) it is amazing and not even close to the days of only a few channels reporting news.

You think the press is unfair because you think Republicans can not possibly do any wrong.
^^^^^^That is not fair!^^^^^^

Brainwashed? at least I am willing to admit there is bias in the media (both sides) (all it takes is a google search to prove that fact), the fact that you don't makes you brainwashed. I have never said Republicans can not possibly do any wrong and the fact that you continue to group us into tribes says more about you than me.

The advent of 24/7 "news channels" has poisoned the waters forever....There just isn't more than an hour of news most days....so we sell agendas now....and each tribe has their channel of choice.
I think commercial networks do a pretty good job of presenting news but in their extended formats they offer "opinions" which too many viewers think is news....that is on the viewer not the network.....
RN, you and I see eye to eye on very little...and we never will. But personally, I have very little problem with PBS, NBC, CBS and ABC network "news casts".......Viewers would do better by being a little more select in what they view. Their is a lot of shit out there.
Dan Rather didn't help your argument and strengthened the argument that the media has an agenda

Like Morrison the fact that you don't recognize the media has an agenda makes you more dangerous than me.
No, you want the media to say oh this tornado that decimated our town isn’t so bad. Let’s look at the other side, “both sides.”

It’s the media’s job to call it like it is, and frankly they don’t do that at all because they are worried about ratings and wanting to pull in numbers from both sides.

If the media were doing their job today Republicans wouldn’t have a chance in hell of taking the House back next election. Everyone would know what pieces of crap they are.

Brainwashed? at least I am willing to admit there is bias in the media (both sides) (all it takes is a google search to prove that fact), the fact that you don't makes you brainwashed. I have never said Republicans can not possibly do any wrong and the fact that you continue to group us into tribes says more about you than me.
LOL - "all it takes is a google search..." LOL

You are an idiot.

No, you want the media to say oh this tornado that decimated our town isn’t so bad. Let’s look at the other side, “both sides.”

It’s the media’s job to call it like it is, and frankly they don’t do that at all because they are worried about ratings and wanting to pull in numbers from both sides.

If the media were doing their job today Republicans wouldn’t have a chance in hell of taking the House back next election. Everyone would know what pieces of crap they are.
So you are agreeing with me about the media

As usual, you make no sense. The ignorance you display is staggering.
No the fact that you willfully ignore your past statements shows your ignorance. Denying it doesn’t magically make it go away. Did you figure out the meaning of pot meet kettle yet?

No the fact that you willfully ignore your past statements shows your ignorance. Denying it doesn’t magically make it go away. Did you figure out the meaning of pot meet kettle yet?
I schooled you on those already. That you try to claim victory after being humiliated demonstrates how insecure and needy you are. Beg someone else for attention loser.

I schooled you on those already. That you try to claim victory after being humiliated demonstrates how insecure and needy you are. Beg someone else for attention loser.

RileyHawk said:
So ignorant - if I had a TBI I wouldn't be able to type on here. As a nurse, you should know that but unsurprising that you don't.

You just can't help yourself.
Sigh, anybody else want to help him on the various effects of a brain injury

This was back in early August and you still haven’t figured it out. So please explain to me how you schooled me?

as far as begging someone else for attention then why did you respond to me in this thread? Am I the one begging for attention?

Sigh, anybody else want to help him on the various effects of a brain injury

This was back in early August and you still haven’t figured it out. So please explain to me how you schooled me?

as far as begging someone else for attention then why did you respond to me in this thread? Am I the one begging for attention?
To set you straight yet again. I think that's pretty obvious to anyone that is not a moron. The fact you keep posting things that demonstrate your ignorance puts you in that category so I understand why you asked.

So needy and pathetic. It's still fun making you squirm and dance though. Carry on.

To set you straight yet again. I think that's pretty obvious to anyone that is not a moron. The fact you keep posting things that demonstrate your ignorance puts you in that category so I understand why you asked.

So needy and pathetic. It's still fun making you squirm and dance though. Carry on.
So just to clarify people with TBI can type?

ADVERTISEMENT