ADVERTISEMENT

Special Teams vs. ISU

nu2u

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2006
Another exceptonal performance to open the season. A couple observations and wishes....

-- Blom doesn't appear to have as strong a leg as the previous three PKs but small sample size.

-- Moss at PR doesn't seem like best option but Levar knows what he is doing.

-- What happened to Wetjen (juco transfer)? How about Dejean at PR?

-- Terry Roberts - still great

-- how did Van Ness not block that FG by the Jacks?

-- Sebastian Castro like a missile with a highlight tackle vs. SDSU

-- has any college punter ever had 100 punts in one season?

-- I'm calling it now: Woods is going to pull off a fake FG or fake punt vs. Iowa State -- a huge energy lift (Iowa's offense will then go 3 and out).

Last edited:
Another exceptonal performance to open the season. A couple observations and wishes....

-- Blom doesn't appear to have as strong a leg as the previous three PKs but small sample size.

-- Moss at PR doesn't seem like best option but Levar knows what he is doing.

-- What happened to Wetjen (juco transfer)? How about Dejean at PR?

-- Terry Roberts - still great

-- how did Van Ness not block that FG by the Jacks?

-- Sebastian Castro like a missile with a highlight tackle vs. SDSU

-- has any college punter ever had 100 punts in one season?

-- I'm calling it now: Woods is going to pull off a fake FG or fake punt vs. Iowa State -- a huge energy lift (Iowa's offense will then go 3 and out).
Leg strength. Probably not as good as Shudak or Recinos. Those guys could really blast the ball. Probably similar to Duncan. Duncan did increase the leg strength as his career progressed.
Can't make judgements on one game returning. Things have to be blocked well. Yes, this is where have to trust the coaches.
No idea on Wetjen. Hurt or other guys better would be my guess.
Roberts always gives great effort. Thought it was his best game as a DB on Saturday.
Good catch, yes, ball appeared to go under Van Ness' arms.
Castro likes playing football. Having guys like him are why special teams are good.
I supposed Iowa will make a run at 100 punts.
I wouldn't be surprised by a fake FG if it's at the right time and place.

Reactions: nu2u
ADVERTISEMENT