ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer back in the news . . .

Well keeping in tradition you would love one though, wouldn’t you. I like fans but you are a sick individual, seek help!
Now Grip, and I usually like your contribution to the discussions, you are the one offering to send pictures of your junk to a fellow poster. I would say that that is "sick". How about you 2 quit this juvenile pissing contest and move on or get a room?

Now Grip, and I usually like your contribution to the discussions, you are the one offering to send pictures of your junk to a fellow poster. I would say that that is "sick". How about you 2 quit this juvenile pissing contest and move on or get a room?
I actually like Grip and appreciate his fandom in regards to his beloved Hawks… I’m just mostly playin with him. Apologies.

Hockey Nhl GIF by StittsvilleOnPatrol

Yeah yeah, he started it. Plus he went after spencer that means gloves are off. Any way Illinois next right.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
I have a smart phone and computer thingie. They have these things called browsers and you click on these things called links.
I don’t have to walk uphill both ways in the snow anymore to get a chuckle.
No shit Sherlock!! Your real smart nothing gets by you also glad you finally caught up with the 2000’s making progress my friend

Oh…you mean the kid that missed the rest of the season? I guess he pretended to stay hurt to make Iowa fans look bad. What a pussy, huh?
Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf? The pussies faking injury eliminated benefit of doubt.

You bumped a thread to embarrass yourself like this?

Is there lead in the corn or something out there in Iowa?
I wonder what's in the water out east that covers up child abuse, douche? Then your scandalous school hires one of the nastiest coaches in the country who was fresh off his own abuse scandal. Sick school and sick fans.

2 questions. Do you agree with them hiring Franklin and his own scandal after what your school covered up with Paterno? Did any of your players fake injuries against us last year?
1. I have no idea what the details of the allegations are beyond what the defense attorneys alleged and what prosecutors stated where not criminal acts. Contacting a rape victim was a monumentally stupid thing to do. I'm no James Franklin fan. He's an overpaid cheerleader if you ask me. However, probably all but 5 or 6 schools would hire him if he was available. And I have no idea why.

2. I, nor you can state with any level of certainty whether PSU players were faking injuries in that game. I think a lot of college players do that. I don't like it at all. However, I do know with absolute certainty that a large number of Iowa fans were acting like horses asses at that game. And a large number were booing PJ Mustifer when he went down with a season ending injury. That was classless.

And if you want my real opinion on the Sandusky crimes, I'll tell you. What the Penn State administration did was worse than a cover up. If they covered it up, it would mean that they stopped it and swept it under the rug. They stuck their own heads in the sand. That allowed it to continue and harm countless other victims. That was way worse than a cover up, just to set the record straight.

Reactions: hoythawk and el dub
2 questions. Do you agree with them hiring Franklin and his own scandal after what your school covered up with Paterno? Did any of your players fake injuries against us last year?
Loaded question, you need this :

I assume Franklin was vetted and your second question would be difficult to prove either way. One of those players in 2021 had a season ending injury .
I myself have suffered injuries / pain while training that amounted to nothing . Training, not a game . It’s not out of the question to stop a game to evaluate the situation and it’ll be impossible to determine if it was real or not.
So relax .

When Love Turns to Hate: Wrestling Superstar Lee Alienates Team

6059799e04839.png

January 1, 2023

Iowa City – Iowa Hawkeye superstar Spencer Lee made headlines again this weekend for all the wrong reasons. Despite the 3-time NCAA Division I Wrestling national champion and 2-time Hodge Trophy winner coming back from an almost unheard-of double ACL surgery in less than 12 months to win the inaugural Soldier Salute tournament in Coralville on Friday, wrestling fans and media alike are talking only about an unrelated incident that has alienated his teammates. During a light workout on Saturday, Lee reportedly failed to cover his sneeze.

“I’m rolling around with [133-lb. starter] Cullan [Schriever] and the other guys, and there’s Spencer over on the side, blasting away all over the stationary bike,” recounts one of the Hawkeye lightweights. “And it’s not like it was one of those singular surprise sneezes that catches you off-guard – this was full-blown chain sneezing . . . 5 in-a-row, snot and all. And he didn’t even wipe down the bike afterward! Just acted like nothing happened. And then [he] finished it off with a snot rocket onto the mat!”

Though such crude behavior has actually been commonplace in wrestling rooms for decades, circumstances changed with the arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. Since then, sanitary behaviors and clean-up protocols have been a point of emphasis in rooms at all levels across the nation. But apparently, rules don’t apply to Lord Lee.

Upon hearing from her son – a teammate of Lee – about this inconsiderate and sickening act, a parent took to social media to air multiple grievances about the wrestler and his conduct. She went as far as to accuse Lee of not wrestling anyone at practice.

“Oh sure, he shows up on occasion,” she Tweeted, “but he doesn’t wrestle! Just walks around, puffs his chest, scratches his you-know-whats, and talks about how all the hard-working wrestlers in there are a bunch of wusses! He is the worst teammate ever!”

In fairness to Lee, the kind of success he has experienced at one of the most storied and accomplished wrestling programs in the nation can easily go to one’s head. Especially when one is knocking on the door to become the first 4-time national champion in school history, and fans treat him like a deity.

“Look, it was my decision,” defended Lee. “If I don’t want to cover my sneeze, I don’t cover my sneeze. They – I mean I – I pulled the trigger, so deal with it. COVID is for wusses, anyway.”

But Lee’s willingness to cover his sneeze or wrestle at practice aren’t the only things that have been alienating his teammates. According to sources, he frequently urinates on the stones in the team’s (unofficial) sauna room just before exiting. And recently, when he had to “go number two”, he went in the women’s team locker room and left the seat up when he was finished. These incidents prompted current teammates, former Hawkeye wrestler Mike Evans, and women’s team head coach Clarissa Chun to confront men’s head coach Tom Brands about his star wrestler’s lack of consideration for others. Unfortunately, the complainants could make no headway, as they were inconsistent in their messaging (Evans in particular suggesting much worse could have occurred in the locker room). Brands’s only responses were, “We have work to do” and “We like our guy”.

Although it appears on the surface that coaches Tom and Terry Brands fully support Lee, armchair and professional psychotherapists alike are questioning whether the relationship between Lee and his coaching staff is being strained by the latter’s arrogance and his alienation of teammates and their parents. The psychotherapists have no relationships with or personal connections to Lee or the Brandses, but they are outraged, and their speculation has been lighting up internet message boards all weekend long.

Conversely, we actually talked with Lee on Sunday. He would neither deny nor confirm the non-covered sneeze, but he did state clearly that the stationary bike is a competitor, and he gave it credit for being “ready to go”. As for the alleged locker room incident? “See, I never just do things just to do them. Come on, I mean, what am I going to do? Just all of a sudden jump up and go in a women’s locker room and leave the seat up like it’s, like it’s something to do?” objected Lee, “C’mon, I have a little more sense than that.”

And then, after a pause, “Yeah, I remember going in the women’s locker room and leaving the seat up.” Followed by, “I’m Spencer Lee, [expletive] – I’m bigger than [expletive] Pokémon!”

Spencer Lee will next be in action when he himself makes the decision to do so. His teammates – the Iowa Hawkeyes – host Illinois on Fan Appreciation Day Friday, January 6th at 7:00 PM Central.
Even Spencer Lee's sneezes turn opponents for 4 back points regularly...

• Haha
Reactions: bourbon n blues
I wonder what's in the water out east that covers up child abuse, douche? Then your scandalous school hires one of the nastiest coaches in the country who was fresh off his own abuse scandal. Sick school and sick fans.
Wait…are you that middle-aged Iowa dude they kept showing on TV acting like a douche when kids got injured? That WAS you, wasn’t it?

Just always remember…you’ve lost the argument when you resort to playing the Sandusky card.

But hey…you keep doing you!

Mulstifer was not booed.

Ebikitie flopped, got booed & deservedly so. There were other flops by PSU defensive players. They’d fake cramps & sit smiling to PSU trainers while doing so. They’d lay on the field, pop up, leave for a play & get right back in the game. It was obvious to the fans, coaches & Joel Klatt an unbiased TV announcer. The topic was discussed in detail at the B1G meetings. If PSU folks can’t see it, not much more I can say but once again it seems PSU fans are burying heads in the sand.

Nobody’s going to win this argument but PSU fans need to work on “reading the room”. You seem to forget this is an IOWA board.

Your wrestling program is in a great place & PSU has much to be proud of but please take your pompous, snide PSU jabs regarding Hawkeye Nation back to your own board.

Good night

ADVERTISEMENT