ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer is a BAD freaking man.

Yes he is, his talent is next level. He looks better than ever this year. I am excited to see him against some of the top competition collegiality

Turned on Big10 to watch. Was hoping that after b-ball they would jump to a delayed broadcast and just cut some of the chatter between matches and allow the coverage to catch up. Not so. They announced SLee tech fall during the ball game. Come on man! The production guys in the vans outside must not be wrestling fans.
They could have easily run a full replay of Lee's match during the intermission. B10 fail,

I loved the line " Spencer Lee probably spends more energy as a cheerleader for his teammates than he does wrestling a match" or something to that effect!!! Announcers keep bringing up how these guys rush to get back out to cheer on their teammates. I have been following for over forty years and I have never seen anything like it! I believe Spencer inspired this as well! SPENCER LEE....The Man, The Myth, The Legend!!!!!!

I loved the line " Spencer Lee probably spends more energy as a cheerleader for his teammates than he does wrestling a match" or something to that effect!!! Announcers keep bringing up how these guys rush to get back out to cheer on their teammates. I have been following for over forty years and I have never seen anything like it! I believe Spencer inspired this as well! SPENCER LEE....The Man, The Myth, The Legend!!!!!!
Iowa can never let spencer away from the program. He brings out the best in teammates and he is what will bring in recruits everyone wants.

The 5 or 6 points he gives the team every meet pales in comparison to what he actually gives to the team.

Its scary how good he is and he has this year and next year left but honestly I would rank him in the top 5 of all time right now with a chance to be 1 or 2 before he's done. When his career is over I believe he for sure makes the Mt. Rushmore of Wrestling.

We’re so damn lucky to have Lee as a Hawkeye and couldn’t ask for a better ambassador for our program. I don’t like to get star struck over 18-22 kids, but damn, he just may be the best wrestler we ever see.

I’m just wondering will PSU be his last match for a month and maybe see him wrestle internationally just to get some international experience at the senior level ?

Anyone know if there is video of his match other than fox app? YouTube has same cut in at Desanto match.

As fast as Lee matches go why can't they tell the basketball game take a time out brb for you after Lee's match is done, Really what they should do is start basketball games a half hour earlier than they do so it would be over in time to go to the regular time for the wrestling meet.
Flo lists the result as Lee TF 18-0 in 0.00. Now that is spooky amazing. Ref must have been calling near fall points as they were shaking hands.

Saw an interview last night:

"Spencer, why are you so good with the tilts?"

"IDK, I'm strong I guess."
One of the rare times you’ll hear him ever boast about himself and even then it was like uhh cuz I’m strong? Haha no kidding you are spencer!

I'm not sold that he's 100% yet, but he's still that much better than all these guys. I was impressed with Thomsen that he slowed him down for a minute and a half (but still got teched in the first period). Spencer is the kind of talent you see once or twice in a lifetime. I love what he brings to this team as a competitor and as a leader. I won't say he'll never lose again because I don't want to jinx him (I'm only superstitious in sports), but I think he can run the table this year in the NCAA and Olympics, he's that good. I'm so thankful he came to Iowa and has helped rejuvenate our program.

Iowa can never let spencer away from the program. He brings out the best in teammates and he is what will bring in recruits everyone wants.

I’ve said this since the end of last season: He needs to be groomed as Brands successor. A coach needs to bring more than just knowledge and strategy. Spencer’s attitude and infectious good nature would make him a guy recruits would be drawn to.

What makes spencer so much better than everyone else? Any insight from more wrestling savvy people than me?

Is he just ultra strong in his wrists that he can control ties and grab wrists for tilts? He looks very powerful in his legs and seems to use that to put a lot of pressure from top. Ironside mentioned on the radio that Spencer seemed to have very elite level awareness in his positioning when he was hand fighting with him.
Would like to hear your opinions or better yet second hand experiences from guys who’s put their hands on the kid.
I will say he does have hell of a handshake, but Not quite as strong as gilmans....

What makes spencer so much better than everyone else? Any insight from more wrestling savvy people than me?

Is he just ultra strong in his wrists that he can control ties and grab wrists for tilts? He looks very powerful in his legs and seems to use that to put a lot of pressure from top. Ironside mentioned on the radio that Spencer seemed to have very elite level awareness in his positioning when he was hand fighting with him.
Would like to hear your opinions or better yet second hand experiences from guys who’s put their hands on the kid.
I will say he does have hell of a handshake, but Not quite as strong as gilmans....
It’s pretty amazing what he does. He did it to Senior level guys a month ago as well in FS.

His grip and arm strength must be other worldly but that’s just my uneducated opinion.

Reactions: Sandor45

Handshake may not be the key. Gable doesn't have a strong handshake.

Reactions: Sandor45
ADVERTISEMENT