ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee Attempts Pull Up Record

Love Spencer, But after 16 they were not full pull-ups. He was tilting his head back to try to raise his chin over the bar. I’m familiar with doing that when you are spent.

I’m not going to rag on him; I can do three with no weight vest. And 16 in about 20 seconds is sick. I’m Just being real.
I wonder if the record holder did butterfly pull ups or kipping pull ups. It seems like you would almost have to do them that way to get 40 in a minute.

I wonder if the record holder did butterfly pull ups or kipping pull ups. It seems like you would almost have to do them that way to get 40 in a minute.
Not the same world record holder, but this guy is doing “normal” pull-ups. Normal in quotes because that’s a crazy wide grip.

Reactions: Wadukester
Spencer looks great, but everything we see is upper body. If I know Lee, he's champing at the bit to get out there and dominate, I hope his coaches do their best to reign him in and do what's best for those knees. As much as I'd love to see Spencer get a 4th NCAA title, I think I'd like to see him get Olympic Gold a little bit more.
Like given for correct use and spelling of "champing at the bit."

The most alarming part of this video is the fact that he had to two arm while stepping up onto the stand. eek that speaks volumes.

He had surgery four months ago, and he has five months to go before he needs to be wrestling every week.Seven months left before B1Gs. And if he is smart, he isn’t going to stress his knees unnecessarily.

I had the pleasure of meeting Spencer at Ironside’s store last fall. He’s such a gracious guy. As is his father. And, Mark Ironside as everyone knows is pure class. It was fun to hang out for a few minutes and listen in on the stories they were telling.

Wouldn’t it be cool to see wrestlers from around the country take on this challenge and post the vids?
I think it would be even cooler to have an average guy post his attempt next to every wrestler who attempts it. I don't remember who said it, but the comment that every Olympic event should have an average guy competing in it, just so people could see how amazing these guys are.

Reactions: ping72 and el dub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT