ADVERTISEMENT

**** Spencer Lee Championship Round Official Thread ****

Give some credit to Yianni. Went toe to toe with
him and looked damn good the whole way.
And somehow that changes the fact that a Senior with a comfortable lead and on top with a few seconds left in the match somehow ends up on his back? Ummm. Ok. Idiot.

Reactions: redghost1974
Wow. Watching Nolf dominate Hidlay so far reinforces to me how much the medical forfeits in the Big Tens affected this class.

Crazy.

Short of Kem's shoulder injury in medal match today, it's pretty clear he was the 2nd best in the 157 bracket, yet the 6 seed

Reactions: Dagboi and Chuck C
Okay. Spencer didn't have a stalling call all tournament. Zain just did. OW goes to Spencer.
Actually he did, about 10 seconds before his final take down on NATO, he got hit for stalling when he fought off a shot

Reactions: jvclark
Penn State now has the lead. Imar should beat Joseph. tOSU needs Martin and Snyder both to win and they have a chance.

If you guys are not liking the espn regular broadcast, watch the ESPN off the mat stream. Basically the same thing but I love the announcing a lot more. Has Gibbons, Lee Kemp, Jayden Cox and some others as well breaking down the action. Its the only way I watch the Finals when there isnt an Iowa guy wrestling. I would compare it to the football roundtable thing but better because it shows more of the regular broadcast as well.

Reactions: Dagboi
Switch to the ESPN stream of "Off the Mat" with the coaches and wrestlers. No Gable this year, but you don't have to listen to the parade of douchenozzles matside that miraculously don't happen to include any Hawkeye legends.

You beat me to the punch. Watched this last few years. Gave Shawn Kenney crap once for the fact that they dropped Gable out of the mix last yr.

Reactions: Dagboi
You beat me to the punch. Watched this last few years. Gave Shawn Kenney crap once for the fact that they dropped Gable out of the mix last yr.
Good! Gable is gold for commentary during matches. Still has the best grasp of the sport around, and knows best what it takes for each of these kids to get to the top of the podium.

So IMar only wears this orange singlet in finals matches? Cool

I wonder what he will wear in Iowa City when he is wrestling for the HWC?? :)

ADVERTISEMENT