ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer vs. RBY

giphy.gif
This why everyone in the Cesspool likes Carver cones?

As far as RBY and Fix vs Lee, i think stylistically Fix is a harder matchup for Lee. Fix is stingy as hell too, but its built on head hands defense and strength. RBY is so damn quick he doesn't let anyone get their hands on him in a good position, and is such a good scrambler he punishes people when the get out of position on a shot. Lee doesn't do the latter, and I am confident he would not only finish a TD, but be able to work RBY on top.

Fix would try to counter more with strength, which i think is more likely to give Lee trouble giving up the size than RBYs speed and skill
It is very unlikely that Spencer Lee can move up a weight class and be as dominant on top as he is at 126. RBY is generally very good at getting out from the bottom. I am confident that Lee would be unable to "work" RBY on top at 133.

Reactions: RealMicah
Pat- I'm glad you are willing to lean into the villain role, but you should join the off season hypothetical discourse, rather than lob insults on Twitter.

If you make it to NE Iowa I'll buy you a beer and see if your charicature is right, I promise not to try to will Smith you 🙂

Alternatively, where is Sans when we need him? Paging @SansAgain

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
I love your guy, but am I correct in saying that Sebastian Rivera beat him.
Not sure which guy you at talking about, but both lost to Seabass. Lee in 19 in SV 6-4, and RBY in 2020 7-2. I don't think losses to Rivera will be a relevant data point in this debate, but it definitely won't be something in RBYs favor

Last edited:
Not sure which guy you at talking about, but both lost to Seabass. Lee in 19 in SV 6-4, and RBY in 2020 7-2. I don't think losses to Rivera will be a relevant data point in this debate, but it definitely won't be something in RBYs favor
Lee was 2-2 against Rivera. Including a tech fall by Lee.

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
Me neither, since he had a mysterious severe ailment, and the refs handed Rivera the second match, probably both.
Interestingly both losses to Riv were in tourney settings..i don't recall the Midlands loss off hand, but the second loss was in b10s, with that awful year where hands to the face had a part in way too many matches. ,. Also, Lee wrestling with only that kneepad!).

Riv looks about 10% heavier than Lee, and honestly kinda over powered him at the end on the TD in OT. But he still wouldn't have even gotten to OT without that penalty point.

This may sound like an argument that Lee couldn't beat a bigger guy, and I'll agree it would be tougher for him to win a tourney at 133 with everyone having a bunch of recovery time. But in single matches with a 1 hour weigh in, it's a different story

Plus, Lee is clearly a better wrestler now vs then, aside from the ACLs. Of course, RBY is also clearly better than his last loss to Rivera as well.

Interestingly both losses to Riv were in tourney settings..i don't recall the Midlands loss off hand, but the second loss was in b10s, with that awful year where hands to the face had a part in way too many matches. ,. Also, Lee wrestling with only that kneepad!).

Riv looks about 10% heavier than Lee, and honestly kinda over powered him at the end on the TD in OT. But he still wouldn't have even gotten to OT without that penalty point.

This may sound like an argument that Lee couldn't beat a bigger guy, and I'll agree it would be tougher for him to win a tourney at 133 with everyone having a bunch of recovery time. But in single matches with a 1 hour weigh in, it's a different story

Plus, Lee is clearly a better wrestler now vs then, aside from the ACLs. Of course, RBY is also clearly better than his last loss to Rivera as well.

He was probably less healthy that year than any time other than the 2021 no ACL tournament.

He was probably less healthy that year than any time other than the 2021 no ACL tournament.
No worries, unlike that other thread some of this will most likely get settled on the mat. Spencer will back soon, he will be mopping the mat with everyone that steps on it with him.. unfortunately seabass is a lunker now so we will not see that one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT