ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Vs RBY

I think Spencer wins. But it would be a battle. RBY presents the same problems Rivera did (and spencer had 2 knees at the time). Fast and bigger. And can attack from the outside.

In Spencer's favor? He doesn't have to worry about a RBY in terms of the number of attacks. His sprint would be hard for Spencer to stop - but if Spencer gets his hands on RBY - I think he's getting the takedown and at least one turn.
This. RBY is a stud. People may not like how he wrestles, but the reality is, Desanto was in on his legs at will and never came close to finishing. RBY takes one shot and finishes it quickly. It’s a match I am curious about, but definitely feel Lee would have his hands full. RBY is a 2x National Champ and a weight heavier than Lee. Lee winning a match like that should also secure him the Hodge.

This. RBY is a stud. People may not like how he wrestles, but the reality is, Desanto was in on his legs at will and never came close to finishing. RBY takes one shot and finishes it quickly. It’s a match I am curious about, but definitely feel Lee would have his hands full. RBY is a 2x National Champ and a weight heavier than Lee. Lee winning a match like that should also secure him the Hodge.

On the other hand, DeSanto could not finish from that position against nearly anyone - it was probably his biggest weakness.

Dude, it’s none of our business what the issue was. However, it was obvious to anyone who followed SL for any length of time that he was fighting an illness that left him drained. That was obvious. A world champ doesn’t digress for a year for no reason. And then come back strong the next season.
Fact el dub, spot on.

Bc I’m sure he will wrestle 57 kilos… just my logic. Spencer walks around at 130 ish. No reason for him to “move up” ever. Thanks for listening.
I think @vhsalum's point is RBY's NCAA minimum certified weight would not allow RBY to wrestle 125lb in college. So it doesn't matter whether RBY might consider 57kg for freestyle where NCAA rules don't apply.

You can say that, but a person isn’t a 4x All-American and wins over 100 collegiate matches being unable to finish deep shots on the legs.

Well, clearly you can. Especially when you have a devastating far arm near leg move that no more than three or four guys in the country can stop.

Reactions: el dub
Bc I’m sure he will wrestle 57 kilos… just my logic. Spencer walks around at 130 ish. No reason for him to “move up” ever. Thanks for listening.
Doubt he’d make 57. He’s wrestled 61 in past. Might jump to 65 for one run at Olympics before committing full time to MMA (ie Bo’s path)

Think he said in an interview he was over 140 the day before he wrestled DeSanto in the tournament.

I think @vhsalum's point is RBY's NCAA minimum certified weight would not allow RBY to wrestle 125lb in college. So it doesn't matter whether RBY might consider 57kg for freestyle where NCAA rules don't apply.
I get it. Just don’t think Spencer needs to do anything to prove himself.

-like what was just said, rby was pretty heavy in the AD match. Prob won’t see this match unless rby moved down.

Doubt he’d make 57. He’s wrestled 61 in past. Might jump to 65 for one run at Olympics before committing full time to MMA (ie Bo’s path)

Think he said in an interview he was over 140 the day before he wrestled DeSanto in the tournament.

This is more realistic than dropping to 57kg. Even if he’s a little bit smaller than the avg 65kg dude, his speed could mitigate it.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
This is more realistic than dropping to 57kg. Even if he’s a little bit smaller than the avg 65kg dude, his speed could mitigate it.
This is true. I wonder how he is at free. I can see him being on the clock a lot but getting points when he needs to.

Reactions: IAChief32
I dont think it makes a big enough difference in team points but I would love to see Lee vs RBY in a wrestling match. Make it the last match of the dual out there in PA.

I dont think it makes a big enough difference in team points but I would love to see Lee vs RBY in a wrestling match. Make it the last match of the dual out there in PA.
Agreed. Give me Spencer in a close one even giving up about 10-15 lbs come match time. I love how all of the psu fans say Spencer isn’t quick and the one isu poster over there constantly mentions that Spencer has slow feet. If it happens, I have big money for that turd that Spencer wins. And if it’s at 57kg, I’d put the house up. I don’t know if those same posters ever saw Spencer in person while healthy, but slow is not synonymous with Spencer. And I have tape to prove it, even some of Spencer humbling those psu “greats” they lump in with him (who were older and still got man-handled). See, some wrestlers like to engage and don’t need to evade (Spencer, yianni, gable), and others like to run (fix, starocci, rby). I know which style I like best and I sure as shit wouldn’t call yianni or steveson slow. I saw a lot of greats in PA in person and most wouldn’t talk as much crap about them but Spencer going to Iowa really rubbed some natives the wrong way. The same guys saying Spencer was better than Kolat when Lee was only a sophomore changed their tune to marsteller was better than him the next year the second he committed to Iowa haha. No joke. Back to the match, Rby has dynamic speed himself so I’m not taking anything away from his craft but Spencer is literally generational. Give DT, nolf, bo, and zain his injuries and collectively they might have 3 championships. All of which might have been won by Nolf. I stand by that. Ps, nolf was one of the ones Spencer used to abuse. How do I insert a winky face here?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT