ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Vs RBY

vhsalum

HR MVP
Nov 14, 2002
3 reasons it SHOULD happen:

1.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can wrestle one dual up a weight and it not change your descent plan.

2.) It would help us win the dual. You insert Ayala in at 125 for the dual (since he can wrestle up to 5 weighins attached)

3.) Legacy. I honestly believe Spencer wins the match.

Come on TOM! Make it happen!

1.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can wrestle one dual up a weight and it not change your descent plan.

2.) It would help us win the dual. You insert Ayala in at 125 for the dual (since he can wrestle up to 5 weighins attached)

I’m fairly certain the 5 competitions attached is for true freshman only and Ayala would have to burn his shirt in order to wrestle one dual.

I wouldn’t mind seeing this at all. I think it would be nice to see RBY humbled and counting lights while being turned like a key in a car.

Not sure of the new rules, but I wouldn’t mind seeing how Drake matches with a presumably healthy Robbie Howard. Could be a good preview for the year to come.

12.8.3.1.7 Exception -- Men's Wrestling. In men's wrestling, a student-athlete representing a Division I institution may compete in up to five dates of competition during the student-athlete's initial year of collegiate enrollment without using a season of competition. Competition in a conference championship tournament, the NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships, or any other season-ending championship event shall not be exempted from counting as a season of competition.

Ok. I hate the rule even more. It is only for initial year wrestlers. dammit.

I still say Spencer should do it. but it won't help the team score.

I have this image of RBY doing some circling and backing off while Spencer stalks him out a couple times. Around the 3rd time Spencer just stays in the middle of the mat and beckons him to come with a finger. After that Spencer just crushes him.

I think Spencer wins. But it would be a battle. RBY presents the same problems Rivera did (and spencer had 2 knees at the time). Fast and bigger. And can attack from the outside.

In Spencer's favor? He doesn't have to worry about a RBY in terms of the number of attacks. His sprint would be hard for Spencer to stop - but if Spencer gets his hands on RBY - I think he's getting the takedown and at least one turn.

Objectively speaking if Spence gets on top with time to work, it’s game over. RBY has never felt that kind of top pressure. RBY has elite level athleticism and scrambling ability, so I would imagine his mind set would be the “floor is lava”, and fight every takedown as though it were life and death. It’d b very entertaining to say the least.

Spencer gets caught in a shot, RBY grabs the foot and starts bringing in a cradle.

TnT come onto the mat, lay hands on ref and RBY, and the match is over.

• Love
Reactions: Ezcheez
Disagree, RBY is all counter against good opponents. Spencer is probably one of the best scramblers and finishers I've ever seen.
The hand behind the back crap isn't going to work. Spencer has every weapon in the book. RBY can be ridden, doesn't bode well against Spencer. I'm not feeling a major but it wouldn't shock me if Spencer abused him. Especially if you had a competent reff that calls the stall.
This was a reply to Vak.

I’m fairly certain the 5 competitions attached is for true freshman only and Ayala would have to burn his shirt in order to wrestle one dual.
Will Ayala even be on the mat and ready to wrestle next year? Assume he had a long rehab ahead of him.

This is dumb. Enough said.

So is the notion that they are going to throw a barely healed Spencer Lee out against a guy who looks bored against Desanto.

I wonder if Desanto enjoys the smell of RBY’s junk or if he was genuinely unable to do anything at all once he got his face put into the mat, over and over and over again. I mean, surely he’d try something, anything else besides an attack that he surely knows will end with RBY straddling his head.

It took my nephew around 2 years for one ACL to feel ok. He swears its not the same. I simply cannot fathom a dual ACL repair. How the hell can you rehab Both ACLs when you need a good leg for the exercises. ?

Reactions: Goathead88
So is the notion that they are going to throw a barely healed Spencer Lee out against a guy who looks bored against Desanto.

I wonder if Desanto enjoys the smell of RBY’s junk or if he was genuinely unable to do anything at all once he got his face put into the mat, over and over and over again. I mean, surely he’d try something, anything else besides an attack that he surely knows will end with RBY straddling his head.
D'bag Alert, auto Ignore engaged.

RBY be counting lights if he meets SL on the mat.

You see the movie, “Don’t Look Up,” yet? Good luck with that.

Reactions: natchrlman

In the semis RBY was down 1-0, on bottom, with 44 seconds of riding time against him. He scored the winning TD with ten seconds left.

I don’t think he was bored.

ADVERTISEMENT