ADVERTISEMENT

SpiderNation

Teams are different in November. They also lost to Drake and got spanked by a terrible St Joe’s squad.

Virginia game in November isn’t a lot to rely on for a comparison.
Exactly. Iowa is not the same team they were when they played VA either. If that guy knows anything about basketball he wouldn't be using a game from three or four months ago as some kind of a measuring point.....

Anything can happen in the NCAA tournament. Every team is there for a reason, so there are no automatics.

I just hope Iowa maintains the edge they had the past month or so, and through the conference tournament. Do that, and winning this game shouldn't be a problem, but in this tournament, you take a day off and it could be a short stay. I take every opponent seriously.
Most people seem convinced that this is Keegans swan song. If it is I think he'll want to go out guns blazin..... ;)

I don't think that is improbable. I am unimpressed with Providence. I can never keep them straight but one of those South Dakota schools is usually pretty good, and I'm guessing that is SDSU.
SDSU men have pretty much ruled the Summit League with occasional threats from NDSU or some other upstart like Oral Roberts last year. USD and SDSU women completely dominate the women's side with USD having a recent edge by taking the last 3 titles.

SDSU men have pretty much ruled the Summit League with occasional threats from NDSU or some other upstart like Oral Roberts last year. USD and SDSU women completely dominate the women's side with USD having a recent edge by taking the last 3 titles.
Thanks.

I am thinking that if their PG is truly the strength of their team, JBo just may not be the guy we want out there to guard him. Rotating Joe T., Uhlis, and maybe even Perkins against him may very will be our best option. Keep JBo in reserve for Providence?

I know we have been a much better team since he took over the PG and brought in Perkins to start and bringing Joe off the bench for some instant energy… so you have to start the game with that recent line-up. Hopefully, JBo will understand if he is getting beat early and often that bringing Joe in may be THEE adjustment for this particular game.

77e00b07be88a96ccf0cee462966030fedd0367fa8c3eec11a9a004c5728f437.jpg

Last edited:
I give ISU a 33% chance of scoring at least 33 points against LSU

I'm only half-joking.

That may be one of the worst matchups of the Tourney.

ISU turns the ball over a bunch
LSU turns teams over a bunch.

The only saving grace for ISU is the game being in Milwaukee. They'll have a huge home court advantage.

Hilton East it will be.

The only saving grace for ISU is the game being in Milwaukee. They'll have a huge home court advantage.

Hilton East it will be.
The only reason why people are even thinking of picking ISU is because LSU is missing its head coach. I still don't think it would matter much, LSU should roll even if the kids coached themselves. I don't see ISU scoring much more than 50.

Teams are different in November. They also lost to Drake and got spanked by a terrible St Joe’s squad.

Virginia game in November isn’t a lot to rely on for a comparison.

Let's also not forget we crushed Virginia until they got hot at the end of the game to close to 1 point. Virginia also beat Duke. I don't think you can play comparative analysis.

Good on the Richmond fans. They got an extra surprise by making the tournament. Nobody will underestimate them but Iowa is the 5 seed for a reason.

Let's also not forget we crushed Virginia until they got hot at the end of the game to close to 1 point. Virginia also beat Duke. I don't think you can play comparative analysis.

Good on the Richmond fans. They got an extra surprise by making the tournament. Nobody will underestimate them but Iowa is the 5 seed for a reason.
Bingo.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Iowa was underseeded, but they are playing at a level 2-3 seeds higher than what the bracket says.

Hilton East it will be.
I think there will be more Wisky fans than ticks on a hound.
Whisky pretty much knew their destination way ahead of many others and bought tickets early

Reactions: pmtdc
if you win your conference tourney the confidence in your team should be high, nothing wrong with that. Also 5/12 upsets happen all the time so it would be foolish to take them lightly
it's all because of this post that Iowa lost. Not their lazy, uninspired play.............this post :(

For once I am not much concerned by the first game. While the Spiders have a cool team name, we should smother them on defense, out rebound them and out shoot them. They will struggle with the traps.

Providence is the perfect second round opponent. Our BPI is 14, Providence 42. They have been playing well but so has Iowa and we've been beating better opponents.
what could have been though... :(

ADVERTISEMENT