ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke with an Indiana coach

True,after we saw how the handled the mighty Hawkeyes we wanted no part of them🤣 Actually there was a pandemic going on,it was in all the papers,the game was cancelled.
Weird. We managed to play Wisconsin the day you chickened out playing Purdue. Must have been an "Indiana-demic".

The Hoosiers best win last year was sneaking past a Penn State team that lost to Maryland and Nebraska. You embarrassed the conference in Outback Bowl. You were too scared to play your final game against the Boilermakers not once but twice. Indiana earned nothing last year but still believes that somehow Gary Barta has it out for you. It's pathetic.

Actually it turns out Iowa State was better than Indiana based on their bowl performances (speaking of pathetic) so it looks like Barta was right to railroad you guys. If anything Indiana should have been slotted in the Music City Bowl, where they could have hid in the basement with Missouri.

Your program sucks. It always has sucked. It always will suck.

@Baller23Boogie Here's how spectacular Tom Allen has done.....(now I'm going to tell you about the team you root for)

2017- (5-7, 2-7)
Wins: at Virginia (6-7), Georgia Southern (2-10), Charleston Southern (6-5), at Illinois (2-10), Rutgers (4-8)

Finished tied for 6th in the East with Maryland, whom you lost to.......so technically you were last.

2018- (5-7, 2-7)
Wins: at FIU (9-4), Virginia (8-5), Ball State (4-8), at Rutgers (1-11), Maryland (5-7)

Finished all alone in 6th place in the East, and lost to Iowa at home, 42-16.

2019- (8-5, 5-4)
Wins: Ball State (5-7), Eastern Illinois (1-11), UConn (2-10), Rutgers (2-10), at Maryland (3-9), at Nebraska (5-7), Northwestern (3-9), at Purdue (4-8)

Finished 4th in the East and choked in the Gator Bowl against Tennessee.

So now I want you to think about this again when you talk about closing the gap. Entering the shortened pandemic season, Indiana had a grand total of 3 wins against teams that finished above .500, and only two were from the FBS. Zero conference wins in his first 3 years against teams with a winning record. Zero............Ze-ro. None...........0.

2020- (6-2, 6-1)
Wins: Penn State (4-5), at Rutgers (3-6), Michigan (2-4), at Michigan State (2-5), Maryland (2-3), at Wisconsin (4-3)

Finished #13 in Coaches and #12 in AP. 2nd in the East. Lost to 4-5 Ole Miss in the Outback Bowl. 3 wins over teams ranked at the time of play, though none finished ranked. I will say I did enjoy watching it rain Wisconsin tears when you beat them in Camp Randall...... :cool:

Speaking of, that win over the Badgers, which was arguably their worst team since at least 2008, also ended up being Tom Allen's first, and to date, ONLY win over a Big Ten opponent that finished with a winning record.

So tell me again about how you've closed the gap..........
7797710-1x1-940x940.jpg
This is a good breakdown. Kudos to Allen for beating the teams that weren't very good, but the national perception about Indiana last year was built off their early season wins over Penn State in OT (who Iowa beat by 20) and over what turned out to be an awful Michigan team). And in coming back against Ohio State after falling behind 35-7 and the Buckeyes became uninterested. Again, IU is miles better than they were previously, he has given them more toughness than they had, Penix (if healthy) is a good QB, all good things. but as you pointed out, they haven't beaten anyone good yet.

Weird. We managed to play Wisconsin the day you chickened out playing Purdue. Must have been an "Indiana-demic".

The Hoosiers best win last year was sneaking past a Penn State team that lost to Maryland and Nebraska. You embarrassed the conference in Outback Bowl. You were too scared to play your final game against the Boilermakers not once but twice. Indiana earned nothing last year but still believes that somehow Gary Barta has it out for you. It's pathetic.

Actually it turns out Iowa State was better than Indiana based on their bowl performances (speaking of pathetic) so it looks like Barta was right to railroad you guys. If anything Indiana should have been slotted in the Music City Bowl, where they could have hid in the basement with Missouri.

Yeah they got up there in the rankings and realized they had peaked and any other games against stiff competition could result in their decline in the rankings.

Easy there buddy,it’s just a football game AND it’s 3 months away.Don’t use up all your insults in one post,pace yourself.
We are no threat to you,save your best stuff for the the Huskers and Cyclones.
We are no match for the juggernaut that is Iowa football.

I don't need to insult Indiana football. Your coach did it for us by being pissy at the Big Ten and covering the logos for the bowl game and losing to a lesser opponent.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
That stat about Tom Allen only having one B1G win against a team that finished with a winning record is a strong closing argument.

And the Stanford band says hi.
And tell Barta to get his teeth fixed if he’s gonna be on tv,it’s very distracting.
Hey,this is fun.

Their season gonna get wrecked right out of the gate. Those poor bastards on that sideline ain't gonna be able to hear themselves think. Covid year + Beer + First game + 2:30pm start = God almighty it will be a shit kicker
Plus, our guys will probably be clapping like they did against Nebraska. According to Frost, it's why we won.

Reactions: icsedge1

You seem bitter.

Indiana wanted nothing more than to hang another I on the Bucket chain last season. Purdue was very fortunate that they did not have to play that game...oh, and it was their postive tests that cost IU the home game and W.

This whole thread is odd, but I will say that my fellow Iowa fans' inability to admit that Iowa State and Indiana are good is especially strange.

...and this Indiana dude has way too much free time and way too thin skin.
Hard to really determine how “good” Indiana or Iswho are based on last year’s Covid impacted season.

Most of your perceptions about Indiana’s football program right now are laughable. Make no mistake. They’ll have the more talented team in September and at the very least an equally talented coaching staff.
No, what’s laughable is your perception of Indiana football.

Our No. 1 backup transferred to Northwestern and promptly won the Big Ten Sissy Division.

You have a losing record against every Big Ten Sissy Division team not named Nebraska. This is why we're (or at least I'm) having trouble taking Indiana fans seriously. You run over here talking as if you've "arrived", but in reality, you haven't done anything.

Your best season you had the same record as we did and I don't look last year as some great year. Your coach got pissy at the Big Ten, drew attention to yourselves and embarrassed yourselves when on a big stage.

Do something other than have one decent covid season and we might pay more attention.

Reactions: grayhair81
If you insecure twats would stop bumping the thread, it would quickly fade away.
Thanks for making my point.

146 posts telling how irrelevant IU is. You clowns sound like UK basketball fans.

If you don't like IU passing you up in the middle of the BIG pack...get better!

Notice how you rarely if ever see OSU, PSU, Michigan or even Minnesota fans trolling this board.

Give Indiana and ISU a reprieve from their regular beatdown by Iowa and after they have a moderately decent season and their trolls come out of the woodwork.

It displays a real insecurity by those two fanbases. They troll because they want affirmation. "Good little Indiana, nice 6-2 season."

Reactions: grayhair81
Thanks for making my point.

146 posts telling how irrelevant IU is. You clowns sound like UK basketball fans.

If you don't like IU passing you up in the middle of the BIG pack...get better!
Just so you know, this entire post makes absolutely no sense.

You have a losing record against every Big Ten Sissy Division team not named Nebraska. This is why we're (or at least I'm) having trouble taking Indiana fans seriously. You run over here talking as if you've "arrived", but in reality, you haven't done anything.

Your best season you had the same record as we did and I don't look last year as some great year. Your coach got pissy at the Big Ten, drew attention to yourselves and embarrassed yourselves when on a big stage.

Do something other than have one decent covid season and we might pay more attention.

The past, she wears no number
The past, she has no game
At 2:30 on September 4
You will learn our current name.

Kinnick won't be playing
Long will not be there
Pink will not affect us
The past? She will not care.

Penix will be awesome
Our defense will disrupt
If you can't stand up to greatness
Stay home and feed your pup

Coach Allen is a master
At making men from boys
He doesn't hear your witless slurs
To him it's all just noise

He has a higher calling
But he coaches like a champ
By evenin' on September 4
You'll wear a LEO stamp

See ya at the yard.
Bring your best.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk and icsedge1
If I went over to your board and said that, that's irony. Why do you care what's said about IU on an Iowa board anyway? I couldn't care less what's said about Iowa on your board and don't care to go look.
Rivals was created so rivals could swap smack with their rivals on a message board named "Rivals"

So ... I know why I'm here. Do you know why YOU're here?

Is this a place for unithink fantasy? Or football?

If I went over to your board and said that, that's irony. Why do you care what's said about IU on an Iowa board anyway? I couldn't care less what's said about Iowa on your board and don't care to go look.
I don't "care", I simply find it amusing that IU Football is this deeply in your heads. Now Hoops, Academics, career projections, campus, women, social scene, tailgating...I get that...but Football?

Don't bother going to look as there haven't been 154 posts about Iowa since day one, let alone the largest thread on your board.

Rent free.

I don't "care", I simply find it amusing that IU Football is this deeply in your heads. Now Hoops, Academics, career projections, campus, women, social scene, tailgating...I get that...but Football?

Don't bother going to look as there haven't been 154 posts about Iowa since day one, let alone the largest thread on your board.

Rent free.
Stop being stupid. I don't know anything about the IU board, but if a bunch of us went over there and took turns trolling in the same thread, it would stay on the front page and reach several hundred posts.

Now Hoops, Academics, career projections, campus, women, social scene, tailgating...I get that...
1-Uncontrollable-Laughter-Gif.gif

The past, she wears no number
The past, she has no game
At 2:30 on September 4
You will learn our current name.

Kinnick won't be playing
Long will not be there
Pink will not affect us
The past? She will not care.

Penix will be awesome
Our defense will disrupt
If you can't stand up to greatness