ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke with my Legislator today.......

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
A couple of tidbits I find interesting...and quite believable.
1) A vote for Grassley this November is a vote for sending Governor Reynolds to the US Senate sometime in 2024.....Pretty well understood that Grassley will resign his seat by age 90 and Reynolds is ready for new frontiers to conquer.....She will "appoint" herself to succeed Chuck as Iowa's Senator.....
2) Reynolds' popularity within her Legislative counterparts is not as solid as it might appear...... Several GOP House members are pissed that Kim "primaried" a couple of fellow GOP legislators because they had publicly opposed her idea of gifting tax dollars to private schools initiative....Pissed to the point where they are "privately discussing" a change in House leadership (dumping Pat Grassley) for the next legislative session.....
3) MFranken wanted to run vs. Kim in a statewide race this year and he really thought she would run for the US Senate as opposed to re-running for Governor....Reynolds has figured a "safer" route to DC (see #1).
4) Axne vs. Nunn will be a dog-fight.

Have you seen Reynold’s opponent in November? Democrats have thrown in the towel…
Well, if Franken had decided to run for Governor......then Reynolds would have run for the US Senate.
It is too bad james because Ms Dejear is really a well qualified candidate with some real solid ideas. She will get low 40's% and get smashed.......but that does not mean she is not every bit as qualified as the current occupant of Terrace Hill. I have seen DeJear and heard her a couple of time "live" and she is a very smart, even-keeled traditional Democrat. Its just a bad time to be a Dem in Iowa right now......but the Iowa Repubbers are working hard on making the Iowa Dems job easier!

Interesting. While Iowa would be sorry to lose the dynamic superior intellect and can do attitude of Curevid Kim, DC could use a fresh face and breath of analytical and thoughtful problem solving they've been missing.
10/10

People are saying she makes Herschel Walker look like Carl Sagan. Not me. People though.
No, just proves how phuquin' stupid and out of touch you are FAU. What "people" are saying this? Dimwits and dumbshits like yourself?
It is "Republicans" like you that make me feel very secure in being a Democrat........I am just too phuquin' smart to be a Republican.

No, just proves how phuquin' stupid and out of touch you are FAU. What "people" are saying this? Dimwits and dumbshits like yourself?
It is "Republicans" like you that make me feel very secure in being a Democrat........I am just too phuquin' smart to be a Republican.
I'm just saying what the word on the street is, man! I'm on your side! You know how rough the street vibe is, man! Ruthless!

As for me...I think (looks up name) Deidre DeJear is a legit contender! I even have been known to say "DDJ All the Way!"

• Haha
Reactions: HawCory
I thought the deal was when Chuck dies Ashley Hinson gets the seat? I can see Kimmie anointing herself senator, too. She desperately wants out of Iowa. Senator is a safer bet than being VP.

1) A vote for Grassley this November is a vote for sending Governor Reynolds to the US Senate sometime in 2024.....Pretty well understood that Grassley will resign his seat by age 90 and Reynolds is ready for new frontiers to conquer.....She will "appoint" herself to succeed Chuck as Iowa's Senator.....
2) Reynolds' popularity within her Legislative counterparts is not as solid as it might appear...... Several GOP House members are pissed that Kim "primaried" a couple of fellow GOP legislators because they had publicly opposed her idea of gifting tax dollars to private schools initiative....Pissed to the point where they are "privately discussing" a change in House leadership (dumping Pat Grassley) for the next legislative session.....
3) MFranken wanted to run vs. Kim in a statewide race this year and he really thought she would run for the US Senate as opposed to re-running for Governor....Reynolds has figured a "safer" route to DC (see #1).
Not sure she would appoint herself Senator. But we’ll see.

My wife (who actually follows this stuff) told me the Dems couldn't get anyone else to run in what most see as a lost cause this cycle.

But, everyone here seemed so upset about her covid response...
You'd think that would have built some momentum to challenge her this next election.
I guess not.

Well, if Franken had decided to run for Governor......then Reynolds would have run for the US Senate.
It is too bad james because Ms Dejear is really a well qualified candidate with some real solid ideas. She will get low 40's% and get smashed.......but that does not mean she is not every bit as qualified as the current occupant of Terrace Hill. I have seen DeJear and heard her a couple of time "live" and she is a very smart, even-keeled traditional Democrat. Its just a bad time to be a Dem in Iowa right now......but the Iowa Repubbers are working hard on making the Iowa Dems job easier!
I’m going to have to disagree with you there….Dejear is not a great candidate in my opinion. I have listened to her speeches multiple times and heard nothing to get me excited to vote.

I’ll vote for her, and she’s for sure more qualified than COVID Kim….but she’s not a great candidate to inspire people. And I agree, she’s gonna get clobbered at the polls, and it’s not going to really be close…

By far the biggest problem for DeJear is that she has no name recognition. Not sure I’ve seen a single for the race yet.

If the current political winds had been more evident earlier in the year, I think there’d have been a more robust primary. But Iowa looked like a lost cause after 2020.

Reactions: mphawk
Dejear had 8k in her campaign war chest this spring vs Kim who had 4.5 million.
Dejear needs millions to raise her profile but dem boosters did not come thru.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Actually, it seems a very on-brand thing for her to do. I think I'd be more surprised if she appointed anyone else.
She got that huge advantage in the Governorship when Braindead bailed. Finishing Grassley's term would be the exact same thing.

She might be dumb, but she ain't stupid.

She knows Iowans love their incumbents.

Frankly...anything to get her out of Terrace Hill. She'll do less damage as a Senator than as a Governor.

The other thing that does is it opens the door for Pat Grassley as Governor. Likely a well planned strategy from Reynolds/Senile Chuck.

Reactions: win4jj
DC could use a fresh face and breath of analytical and thoughtful problem solving they've been missing.
muttley-dog-laughing.gif

I know some GOP legislators and I don’t think they’d miss Reynolds. Her staff apparently rubs a lot of people the wrong way as power-trippers. They also wouldn’t mind dumping Grassley, Jr. Also a power-hungry a-hole.

Franken will probably lose to Grassley but hope he gives it another go against Joni, even though he’d be pretty old by then. He’d beat Joni.

Axne’s first ads were downright horrible. She redeemed herself a bit with the abortion ads. Hope she pulls it out but I’m skeptical.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Pat Grassley openly bragged at a Butler county caucus that he was attending his first caucus that night as a 25 year old elected state rep. Not sure what conservatives like about that lazy slob. They only dislike it when educated people become career politicians. Not when dopes with inheritances do.

Reactions: MitchLL
I know some GOP legislators and I don’t think they’d miss Reynolds. Her staff apparently rubs a lot of people the wrong way as power-trippers. They also wouldn’t mind dumping Grassley, Jr. Also a power-hungry a-hole.

Franken will probably lose to Grassley but hope he gives it another go against Joni, even though he’d be pretty old by then. He’d beat Joni.

Axne’s first ads were downright horrible. She redeemed herself a bit with the abortion ads. Hope she pulls it out but I’m skeptical.
Now I thought her first ad (Nunn bailing out Adventureland Pk ownership) hit the nail on the head and sounded a message central Iowans need to remember. But outside of DSM/Waukee, the district is pretty Republican....She has been a pretty hardworking, nose-to-the-grindstone congresswoman.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Now I thought her first ad (Nunn bailing out Adventureland Pk ownership) hit the nail on the head and sounded a message central Iowans need to remember. But outside of DSM/Waukee, the district is pretty Republican....She has been a pretty hardworking, nose-to-the-grindstone congresswoman.
Oh I’m aware. She’s an excellent congresswoman. But I definitely disagree with the ad. Most Dem people I’ve been around hated the ad and could turn off middle-roaders which she absolutely needs.

Pat Grassley openly bragged at a Butler county caucus that he was attending his first caucus that night as a 25 year old elected state rep. Not sure what conservatives like about that lazy slob. They only dislike it when educated people become career politicians. Not when dopes with inheritances do.
There are more than you think Repubber legislative caucussors who have serious reservations towards young Grassley.....my legislative friend told me his (PGrassley's) Repubber legislative support is like the Rio Grande.....a mile wide and about 6" deep. ```I'm just saying....all those Trump runtin' treasonist bastards can rot in hell as far as I am concerned...

Reactions: MitchLL
There are more than you think Repubber legislative caucussors who have serious reservations towards young Grassley.....my legislative friend told me his (PGrassley's) Repubber legislative support is like the Rio Grande.....a mile wide and about 6" deep. ```I'm just saying....all those Trump runtin' treasonist bastards can rot in hell as far as I am concerned...
Pat Grassley has name recognition. To the low IQ, rural residents of Iowa, that's a huge advantage.

The people who consider her brilliant are the same people who don’t understand that Social Security is a Ponzi.
The Venn diagram overlap is 1:1.

Reactions: Coach_Fry
Really? I think it conveys an important message about Nunn to the Dem base.....one that needs to be remembered thru November.
It implied that he was semi responsible for the death of the child. That doesn’t play well without some stronger ties. Even Dems I was with at a fundraiser hated it.

Agree to disagree on this one.

The people who consider her brilliant are the same people who don’t understand that Social Security is a Ponzi.
The Venn diagram overlap is 1:1.
when I joined the "workforce" back in 1967, I had co-workers that told me SS was a "Ponzi Scheme" too......they told me that "it will never be there for you"....Seminole...they were wrong, too! Just like you. Lots of dummies and schemers in this world.

fish-hook-caught.gif

It implied that he was semi responsible for the death of the child. That doesn’t play well without some stronger ties. Even Dems I was with at a fundraiser hated it.

Agree to disagree on this one.
You and yours are way to cerebral for me, Storm! For me, it just reminded me what Iowa Republican legislators hold dear (contributors) and to what extent they will go to satisfy their needs (write laws)......

when I joined the "workforce" back in 1967, I had co-workers that told me SS was a "Ponzi Scheme" too......they told me that "it will never be there for you"....Seminole...they were wrong, too! Just like you. Lots of dummies and schemers in this world.
It is Ponzi financed. The reason it is ‘there for you’ is that they have raised the FICA tax 12 times since 1967.
The early entrants to the Ponzi get paid more than they put in, so they can tell other dummies it’s a great scheme.
That 6.4% payroll tax you faced in 1967 is now 15.3%.
Mathematically, everyone born after 1975 is facing getting back less than a buck out for each buck they paid in. That’s what happens in a Ponzi that is funded by robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Raising the tax and/or lowering the benefit is all that is on the table for future generations. None of them get to rob the future generations to the degree you and your parents managed.
Congrats!

It is Ponzi financed. The reason it is ‘there for you’ is that they have raised the FICA tax 12 times since 1967.
The early entrants to the Ponzi get paid more than they put in, so they can tell other dummies it’s a great scheme.
That 6.4% payroll tax you faced in 1967 is now 15.3%.
Mathematically, everyone born after 1975 is facing getting back less than a buck out for each buck they paid in. That’s what happens in a Ponzi that is funded by robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Raising the tax and/or lowering the benefit is all that is on the table for future generations. None of them get to rob the future generations to the degree you and your parents managed.
Congrats!
Seminole...I can safely assume once you become SS eligible, you will not sign up for the financial end of it...will you sign up for MediCare? Or do you just wanna go thru your entire life being “right” but being miserable? :confused:

ADVERTISEMENT