ADVERTISEMENT

Spotify Employees demanding “Editorial oversight” of Joe Rogan show.

#1: Spotify employees: know your place. Joe's millions of subscribers aren't tuning in to listen to you.

#2: I'm so sick of Joe Rogan's podcast being such a cultural phenomenon. I watched/listened when it was 99% dick jokes and stopped sometime in the ep #200s save for the occasional clip or guest. It bothers me that people see him as a symbol of intellectual curiosity. Mainly because in the 99% dick joke episodes, he spent a lot of time talking about how he thought we didn't land on the moon.

I enjoy some of them. I don’t listen to them when it’s comedians. Frankly, they are not entertaining and I sure as hell hope their acts are funnier.

#1: Spotify employees: know your place. Joe's millions of subscribers aren't tuning in to listen to you.

#2: I'm so sick of Joe Rogan's podcast being such a cultural phenomenon. I watched/listened when it was 99% dick jokes and stopped sometime in the ep #200s save for the occasional clip or guest. It bothers me that people see him as a symbol of intellectual curiosity. Mainly because in the 99% dick joke episodes, he spent a lot of time talking about how he thought we didn't land on the moon.

Well said. He’s the “Fear Factor Guy”. And average at stand up. But as with Conan’s podcast and Tim Ferris has great guests and interesting topics and yeah...is out of the mainstream of Hollywood groupthink so it makes it a bit edgier. But that’s it. Regardless, it’s popular as hell and probably makes Spotify a shit ton of money.

Well said. He’s the “Fear Factor Guy”. And average at stand up. But as with Conan’s podcast and Tim Ferris has great guests and interesting topics and yeah...is out of the mainstream of Hollywood groupthink so it makes it a bit edgier. But that’s it. Regardless, it’s popular as hell and probably makes Spotify a shit ton of money.
his standup is not good and his UFC commentary is many times off the mark. Hes carved out a niche and sometimes is alright.

Anybody that takes the hundred million is going to lose their comedic balls, look at Howard Stern.

his standup is not good and his UFC commentary is many times off the mark. Hes carved out a niche and sometimes is alright.

Anybody that takes the hundred million is going to lose their comedic balls, look at Howard Stern.

I think his UFC commentary is spot on. I enjoy the fights he does over any others.

Im one of his many podcast fans. I like that he’s admits he’s a dummy. He admits he likes learning and educating himself on topics. He also fully admits he easily fell into the conspiracy trap about the moon. He’s not afraid to admit he was wrong. I don’t know why people still hold that against him.

Im not a huge fan of his comedy. But one of his better bits is about why are arms are a certain length. Basically so we can jerk off. That’s why the TRex went extinct. Went crazy because he couldn’t reach his dck.

I think his UFC commentary is spot on. I enjoy the fights he does over any others.

Im one of his many podcast fans. I like that he’s admits he’s a dummy. He admits he likes learning and educating himself on topics. He also fully admits he easily fell into the conspiracy trap about the moon. He’s not afraid to admit he was wrong. I don’t know why people still hold that against him.

Im not a huge fan of his comedy. But one of his better bits is about why are arms are a certain length. Basically so we can jerk off. That’s why the TRex went extinct. Went crazy because he couldn’t reach his dck.
I like him more often than not. His mma commentary is not bad but ufc could use a former fighter in the booth.

The main reason I no longer listen is because it's 3 hours per show and he rarely attempts or takes risks comedically anymore. He'll sometimes rehash the same topics with different guests so you do get different guests' takes but then you also then get hours and hours and hours of Rogan on the same subjects. And he has a dedicated fanbase on reddit who will clip anything good and when that goes viral I can go back and watch just the good parts for free now so there's never any reason to take the 3 hour plunge when an episode is released. What Rogan DID do was introduce me to Opie and Anthony and the wider world of comedy radio/podcasts which I did not know about in 2010/2011.

Now you might have caught a JRE episode sometime last year with the "Legion of Skanks" guys as guests. They attempt a level of depravity I need in a podcast to laugh. Just not when they guest on Rogan's podcast. Basically JRE is methadone and I need fentanyl.

Reactions: Moral
The main reason I no longer listen is because it's 3 hours per show and he rarely attempts or takes risks comedically anymore. He'll sometimes rehash the same topics with different guests so you do get different guests' takes but then you also then get hours and hours and hours of Rogan on the same subjects. And he has a dedicated fanbase on reddit who will clip anything good and when that goes viral I can go back and watch just the good parts for free now so there's never any reason to take the 3 hour plunge when an episode is released. What Rogan DID do was introduce me to Opie and Anthony and the wider world of comedy radio/podcasts which I did not know about in 2010/2011.

Now you might have caught a JRE episode sometime last year with the "Legion of Skanks" guys as guests. They attempt a level of depravity I need in a podcast to laugh. Just not when they guest on Rogan's podcast. Basically JRE is methadone and I need fentanyl.

He has a ton of content. I either wait for him to have a guest I like or a guest I haven't heard of. I usually skip on his MMA shows or sportsballer shows.

Funny thought about Spotify because one of the things he talks a lot about is doing a podcast that HE likes. He does it for the money, but he was doing alright before, and the Fear Factor gave him "eff you money". So now his podcast is his thing cause he is his boss. Gonna be interesting to see what Spotify does.

Just not sure I see a bunch of staffers winning this.

Does anyone listen to his show frequently? Has he mentioned it at all on the show? I usually pick and choose which specific guests I find interesting.

Last edited:
He has a ton of content. I either wait for him to have a guest I like or a guest I haven't heard of. I usually skip on his MMA shows or sportsballer shows.

Spot show leather gun too. Hyena guest. Chinchilla too.

Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast is where you should be spending your time.

I enjoy some of them. I don’t listen to them when it’s comedians. Frankly, they are not entertaining and I sure as hell hope their acts are funnier.
It really depends on the topic/guest for me. I give a pass when he has on comedians and UFC fighters (I can't stand the UFC).

I listened to some of his Mike Tyson episode yesterday after this thread. Tyson is a unique cat.

ADVERTISEMENT