ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game

You realize they do have one in the fall right? What’s special about spring?
You obviously missed the point. If there is ever a time to do something family related for kids, etc then it is in the spring so KF does not have to worry about losing focus from his players for Christ sake. Is it such a bad thing to have a little fun 4 plus months before the season? Oh I know, BF is in lock down mode!!! Jesus

So maybe he should have had more 9:45 practices before Purdue. Listen I love KF but if you can’t have ONE spring practice that is for the fans then he really does not give a crap about the fans. We are not in the weeks leading up to the BTCG or the Rose Bowl. JC have one outing that panders to the fan base, the kids, etc. Effing tone deaf. Maybe he is afraid of what people will say/see about his QB coach. It’s effing April.
wonder why he wouldn’t give an eff about fans 🤔 they’re all so reasonable and easy to please......funny thing about people.... no matter what you do it will piss someone off so why worry about it?

pretty sure Kirk knows that winning games and running a clean program is the best way to make fans happy..... everything else is just noise...... the hours the coaches and players put in...... guessing they don’t feel sorry for you not wanting to get up as early as they do 😎

wonder why he wouldn’t give an eff about fans 🤔 they’re all so reasonable and easy to please......funny thing about people.... no matter what you do it will piss someone off so why worry about it?

pretty sure Kirk knows that winning games and running a clean program is the best way to make fans happy..... everything else is just noise...... the hours the coaches and players put in...... guessing they don’t feel sorry for you not wanting to get up as early as they do 😎

If it wasn't for fans, he wouldn't be making 7 mil per year. I would bet any coach is most concerned with winning games. Did Saban have Bama's spring game at 9:45?

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk and PIEPI

go to their spring game then if you don’t like getting up in the morning...... I do know some past athletes and spring ball is a grind and they want to get it over with and go unwind .....we haven’t had a spring game in years..... Kirk decided to go away from it because he thinks it’s in the best interest of the team and that’s his focus .... not the fans and damn sure not people whining on a message board

he’s too classy to say it but that’s just the way it is

if you don’t think the coaching staff and players are putting forth the effort needed to keep the fan base happy take it up with Barta

Wish like hell I’d of just kept quiet..... typing this is 5 minutes I’ll never get back

go to their spring game then if you don’t like getting up in the morning...... I do know some past athletes and spring ball is a grind and they want to get it over with and go unwind .....we haven’t had a spring game in years..... Kirk decided to go away from it because he thinks it’s in the best interest of the team and that’s his focus .... not the fans and damn sure not people whining on a message board

he’s too classy to say it but that’s just the way it is

if you don’t think the coaching staff and players are putting forth the effort needed to keep the fan base happy take it up with Barta

Wish like hell I’d of just kept quiet..... typing this is 5 minutes I’ll never get back

If it took you 5 min to type that you have my sympathy.

What happened to the "QB is an open competition" thing? Sounds like Petras worked with and against the ones and Joey went against the second and third strings. hence the 'Petras didn't look so good because he was against first string'. Getting old.

I saw lots of pressure on all QBs, several on each QB that got there before the pass...and very few called stoppage of the play. Every QB benefited from the whistle not being blown. So it was difficult to gauge the best QB performance, especially considering 1st team O vs. 1st team D, 2nd team O vs, 2nd team D, etc. Spencer was good to OK on Short open passing, still to many befind the open receiver for my taste, but completed against the number 1 D, while he over- threw most deep receivers, smothered in coverage, often double covered. Alex complete 3 or 4 very nice deeper middle routes, but seemed effected more by the pressure received. Against the 3rd team D, Joe looked very good, but froze on a couple pressure schemes and forced a couple throws none the less. It looked as if Joe got the most reps of all three QBs and it looked like he moved the chains better than the other two (again, against the 3rd team D).

Still, yesterday counts as 1 practice out of the entire Spring camp. Maybe Joe moves to #2 and Alex hits the portal?

Reactions: cmhawks99
Still, yesterday counts as 1 practice out of the entire Spring camp. Maybe Joe moves to #2 and Alex hits the portal?

This is what I think I've been hearing since late last season, and this is what I thought I witnessed to some degree yesterday. Qualify this by it was extremely difficult to take much away from yesterday.

On the QB's. #1 had limited receivers to throw to. The o line looked poor to start but improved as day went along.. Several missing pieces on the #1 D. Also some missing pieces on #1 O line. They never show much in spring, and it isn't really designed to. Yesterday they showed even less, and that is a feat in itself.

About all I would really say about yesterday is in the 1 on 1 OL / DL #1 battles, OL improved as the day went forward, but it was a shortened day, and the other observations above apply. And I really don't think the FG kicking was as bad as some are projecting. It's an unknown though, and it might be a work in progress. The secondary is deep, and I think we'll see some transfers between now and summer camp. The defense has several players that can, and probably will play multiple positions, as much as Iowa does this. I would think more so in the case of injuries.

This is what I think I've been hearing since late last season, and this is what I thought I witnessed to some degree yesterday. Qualify this by it was extremely difficult to take much away from yesterday.

On the QB's. #1 had limited receivers to throw to. The o line looked poor to start but improved as day went along.. Several missing pieces on the #1 D. Also some missing pieces on #1 O line. They never show much in spring, and it isn't really designed to. Yesterday they showed even less, and that is a feat in itself.

About all I would really say about yesterday is in the 1 on 1 OL / DL #1 battles, OL improved as the day went forward, but it was a shortened day, and the other observations above apply. And I really don't think the FG kicking was as bad as some are projecting. It's an unknown though, and it might be a work in progress. The secondary is deep, and I think we'll see some transfers between now and summer camp. The defense has several players that can, and probably will play multiple positions, as much as Iowa does this. I would think more so in the case of injuries.
Leistkow column had quote from Padilla. He said he was talking to someone about portal and response was the portal was way or rumming from competition or something to that effect. Based on that I would be surprised to see him leave. Of course, things could change over summer.

Reactions: BCRoss89
Leistkow column had quote from Padilla. He said he was talking to someone about portal and response was the portal was way or rumming from competition or something to that effect. Based on that I would be surprised to see him leave. Of course, things could change over summer.

I should have been more clear in my post. My comments are more about I believe Labas is clearly in contention for #2, and will eventually be #1. When? It's still might be too early. Reminds me a bit of Stanzi. He wasn't ready until he was ready, but I knew it would eventually be Stanzi.

ADVERTISEMENT