ADVERTISEMENT

St. Louis Hawk's First and Last Open Championship Contest

St. Louis Hawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
I made the once in a lifetime trip so I'm on the other side of the pond from most of you magnificent bastards this week. You know the rules.

Rule 1 - Don't be a dick.
Rule 2 - YS is final referee of all disputes.
Rule 3 - You only get one entry. Pick four golfers. You may only pick one from the group of Spieth, DJ, Fowler, Garcia, Matsuyama, Day. Enter before first teeoff on Th.
Rule 4 - Most official prize money total for your foursome wins.
Rule 5 - Tiebreaker - Closest to Ernie Els' 1st Round score. Can be higher or lower; closest to is all that matters.

Winner wins some swag I will purchase at the merchandise tent on Wednesday - a hat, shirt, or some other free isht.

My four:

Alex Noren
Justin Rose
Justin Thomas
Tommy Fleetwood

Tiebreaker: Els 73

I made the once in a lifetime trip so I'm on the other side of the pond from most of you magnificent bastards this week. You know the rules.

Rule 3 - You only get one entry. Pick four golfers. You may only pick one from the group of Spieth, DJ, Fowler, Garcia, Matsuyama, Day. Enter before first teeoff on Th.
Rule 5 - Tiebreaker - Closest to Ernie Els' 1st Round score. Can be higher or lower; closest to is all that matters.

Winner wins some swag I will purchase at the merchandise tent on Wednesday - a hat, shirt, or some other free isht.

My four:

Alex Noren
Justin Rose
Justin Thomas
Tommy Fleetwood

All right, I'll take:

Matt Kuchar
Hideki Matsuyama
Paul Casey
Jon Rahm

Ernie Els first round score = 75

My four:

Alex Noren
Justin Rose
Justin Thomas
Tommy Fleetwood

-Jason Day
-Jon Rahm
-Brooks Koepka
-Jason Dufner

-Els 77

Have a great time there! I was amazed at how easy tickets were and how cheap they were too.

Hideki Matsuyama
Brooks Keopka
Justin Thomas
Jon Rahm

Els-72

My four:

Alex Noren
Justin Rose
Justin Thomas
Tommy Fleetwood

Garcia
Rodgers
Johnson & Johnson
Tiebreaker: 73

Nice job, STL Hawk. Hope you're able to play a few of the old courses while you're over there.

Fowler
Rahm
Rose
Fleetwood

Els - 75

Very nice of you to do this. Thank you.

Hideki Matsuyama
Matt Kuchar
Marc Leishman
Francesco Molinari

Ernie Els: 71

Garcia
Rodgers
Johnson & Johnson
Tiebreaker: 73
source.gif

Just got back from the practice round. Nice course. Decent weather so far. They evacuated the grandstands because of lightning in the area for a bit, but storm went around the course.

Our group gave Zach a Let's Go Hawks shout out. He laughed and gave the Tiger fist pump response.

Course is in good shape. Rough doesn't look too bad. If the wind doesn't blow, there will be some birdies out there.

Lone - Amend your entry - You can't have both D. Johnson and Garcia on the same team.

Your swag choice will be an Open logo hat or a large Open polo shirt or a yellow Open logo towel from the merchandise tent. They have that isht figured out in the tent. Massive tent, but quick lines.

I'll post a photo of swag choices on Sunday.

Most of the course workers and locals are pulling for Tommy Fleetwood.

Good luck peeps.

Happy Gilmore
lafery Daniel
Carl from caddyshack
Kevin Costner Tim Cup

Els- gfy

Sweet thanks for doing this!

Dustin Johnson
Rory McIlroy
Paul Casey
Branden Grace

Els 74

Idk if they have released earnings yet. I have the following.

1. Spieth
T4 Cabrera Bello
T37 Kjeldsen
T44 Rahm

ADVERTISEMENT